SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Noah,
Both that IWC (as well as your Omega) and your loving wife are KEEPERS! Congrats!
--Bob

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. All three are keepers, especially Mia. She’s a pretty amazing woman, and the best friend a guy could ask for.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Hey r0gue, got this ad today from B&R, did you lend them your Tudor? Razz

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
r0gue's bezel is nicer.

Posts: 10818 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Oops, you're right trapper... I was just looking at the colors.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Oops, you're right trapper... I was just looking at the colors.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually have that one too. I bought it right before the FXD came in. I'll be selling the BB58 as soon as I get around to building the ad. Though I totally love it, it's a bit too much overlap for me to justify.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow. Buy both is always the answer whether refering to guns, guitars, or watches, right?

I picked up a blue dial and bezel watch coming home from my son's swim meet in Ormond Beach. I've been looking at a few watches online, but really wanted to see them in person. I tried on a 38mm Zenith, but it looked really small on my wrist. The salesman knew it and brought out a larger one at the same time, but I didn't like the silver dial. The El Primero movement was stunning though. I tried on a stainless steel Grand Seiko Hi-Beat and wow, I'd have to up my wardrobe to wear it.

I wound up with the watch that I really wanted to see in the first place. It's kind of plain on my wrist compared to the Grand Seiko and I wasn't sure about it the first day I wore it. After wearing it three days now, it's great. As a bonus, it hasn't gained or lost a single second. My picture taking skills are sub-par, but it is a nice shade of blue in person. A lot of pictures of it I’ve seen online make the blue look much brighter than it really is.

Posts: 10818 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ah, the 38mm El Primero. I think this is the only watch anyone has ever complimented when on my wrist. It was worthy. Long gone now.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I think this is the only watch anyone has ever complimented when on my wrist.

Interesting that you mention getting compliments. My Sinn 156 Military chrono and 5th Generation 46mm Glycine Airman blue dial both continue to garner the most appreciative comments. My vintage Omega Constellation piepan and ELKA private label Lemania 1340 chrono also have attracted comments. These out of all the watches I have or have owned.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, the 38mm El Primero. I think this is the only watch anyone has ever complimented when on my wrist. It was worthy. Long gone now.

Looks good on your wrist, but it looked small on mine. Yours was the same color scheme as the 45 he brought out, but I wanted a blue dial.

I think I got a pic that shows the color better:

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Trapper, I love that Omega. It is awesome. I tried on one in the same color. It’s a great blue.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOVE!!!!
WHY would you EVER part with this!!!!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I know... Frown haha!

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Now for something fun

I got an email from Island Watch the other day about five One Piece watches. My step son who is currently serving in the Navy in Bahrain is a huge One piece fan. Showed these to the wife and she thought it was a great idea. She asked him which One Piece character was his favorite

Roronoa Zoro it is

I ordered it this morning, he will be home in about 10 days for his bday

One Piece, the Japanese comic and animation series, now reaching its thousandth episode, finds its perfect expression in a Seiko 5 Sports group conveying the sense of individual expression and freedom central to the series. With the overall theme of “Inherited Will,” every style is dedicated to one of the newer characters in a story stretching back to 1968, each searching for the “One Piece” – the ultimate treasure that will make the winner the King of the Pirates.

The Roronoa Zoro design features a black and gray patterned dial with green dial ring, day/date calendar and luminous hands and markers, circled by a black and gray patterned uni-directional rotating bezel. The green screwdown see-through caseback, including Roronoa Zoro’s motto and logo, and engraved to show each watch’s position in the controlled production run of 5,000, offers a view of the 24-jewel automatic movement with a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour, a power reserve of approximately 41 hours and manual winding capability. Crafted of stainless steel with black ion finish, gray and black patterned silicone strap and character logo tipped crown, this unique watch comes packaged in a special collectors’ box.

Posts: 5298 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a microbrand on the way.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Which microbrand?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Raven

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Especially like the Raven Airfield White Date. Looking forward to pictures of your selection.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, my latest microbrand arrived!

Yes it's no coincidence it was a Raven. LOL

Since I have pretty much all black dialed divers, it was a time for a change. The yellow dial is impossible to get, but I found this OD green pilot/field that I liked.

It's 40mm x 48mm (lug to lug)and 13.2 thick.

Very comfortable size for me.

I actually like the fluorescent orange seconds hand. The dial contrast is very good.

It has the Seiko movement instead of a Miyota.

The bracelet is nicely tapered, just how I like it to be. From 20mm all the way down to 15.5 with an 18mm clasp. I am so tired of these over masculine no-taper bracelets. They are uncomfortable at best.

It has a nice large screw down crown that's easy to grip for winding and setting. It's rated for 200 meters water resistance.

The lume, well that speaks for itself! You can see it from the moon!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Sharp looking. I love the simplicity of field style watches. They are easy for old eyes and feeble minds to read. Smile. I'll have to look into the brand, but for now, I think I am set for watches (maybe).

Bonus points for supporting a KS company. Big Grin

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post