SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That’s a non-answer if I’ve ever seen one.

Yep. That looks like a generic "boiler plate" response that's sent automatically to any and all service-related questions. I hate that.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Omega will service those quartz movements for a very long time. There's millions of them out there. ETA builds all the components and they aren't special. Omega only has them rhodium plated and pearled.

It's just a run of the mill ETA 255.461.

I have me something very nice coming in.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
SBDC077; consistently averaging +1 second per day with daily wear, rarely take it off since I got it March 2021... Cool

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A friend just sent me a wrist shot of his Seiko Diver. I do like the dial but the hands not so much. Don't know the model number....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Omega will service those quartz movements for a very long time. There's millions of them out there. ETA builds all the components and they aren't special. Omega only has them rhodium plated and pearled.

It's just a run of the mill ETA 255.461.

That's good to know, certainly something to keep in mind.

But as it stands now, short just finding an absolute screaming deal on a Seamaster, I'm about 95% sure I'll just go with a Marathon JSAR. More tool, less luxury, a lotta bang for your buck.

quote:
I have me something very nice coming in.

Cool

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
New watch ordered today. Phoibos Apollo Titanium. Now to wait for it to arrive. Link

Stock picture.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Niiiice

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Very nice. That's the most interesting watch I've seen in a while.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That Apollo looks nice, really like it in gray.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My wife’s attitude towards watches is best described as indifferent on a good day. The Maranez Samui (Seiko auto powered Doxa Sub homage) is one of the few watches to catch her attention. She loves the aquamarine dial. The color is quite unique and attention grabbing.

I was pretty sure I would be pulling the trigger on an Orange Doxa Sub 300T in the next few weeks but the aquamarine has me second guessing the orange. I was already beginning to lean towards the aquamarine before getting an aquamarine dial homage that has gotten more random comments than any other watch I own. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^That Phoibos is pretty sweet.

'Indifferent' Big Grin...yes, of all possible hobbies and things we could look at on the interwebz...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the dial in a Seiko mini turtle is compatible with the Seiko Samurai? I have an interesting project in mind.

It’s been a PITA to get good info on Seiko mini turtle compatibility for modding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
For some reason my JC DSSD Rolex started losing 5+ minutes a day and I had to send it back to Texas for service, which may take as long as two months. During that time, I've got a few other choices for wearing day to day, but something caught my eye here on SigForum and (perhaps foolishly) I fell for it! It's the 35th year anniversary of Glock's introduction to the American market and the limited (3500 pieces) Glock watch package just hit me as cool and attractive to my eye. Yea, there will probably be a 40 year, 45 year, and certainly a 50 year anniversary watch too, but I'll ignore that bridge if/when I come to it.

Funny thing is: Just a week ago, I sold one of the three Glock pistols I've owned for more than twenty years: A G27 which I carried as a backup gun while working Investigations. I kept my primary duty weapon during that time (a .40 S&W G23), but converted it to 9mm and made the 9mm magazines easily recognizable by only buying the green bodied ones and using bright green magazine bases, which (coincidentally) happen to match my watch accents!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice. I don't know how I originally missed that it's a chrono. I'm a sucker for black with neon or lime green accents, so I like the way the handset plays off the dial.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
stick, I love the bracelet on that Maranez!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks 6guns.

Maranez is the most compelling reason to stop buying Seiko divers. They are as good as if not better than Seiko’s $1300+ divers. Eek

When you can’t decide between orange or aquamarine... Big Grin

A comparison to the real deal Doxa will be coming up soon. Cool pretty sure it’s gonna be an orange Doxa Sub 300T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I think Peter Millar(?) already did this on Watchuseek.

https://www.doxa300t.com/maranez/maranez.htm

RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
As did the guy who runs the Doxa unofficial website, its quite telling when an homage does things better than the watch it is emulating...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm not particularly a fan of diver watches but I'm a fan of this upcoming company, Vaer. I've purchased 3 of their field watches in the past year. This is their new Pepsi style diver. I kinda like the black/gold model.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Maranez has changed the hands since that review was written with their Gen 2 or maybe Gen 3 Samui. They now are an identical copy of the hands on a Doxa 300T down to their glossy appearance. I liked the older Maranez pointy hands as they were a bit different.

I scooped up a Doxa mini turtle bezel! I see another fun build on the horizon. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~