SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
My Helm number has come up. A new watch is on the way.

Guess what watch and what configuration. There is no prize, just glory.

Me too. I just paid for mine this morning.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Just paid for an Orange Komodo this morning, just hit the lucky number lotto totally unexpected since I was way up there on that list. Am now #57 on Miyako so next month to decide Grey or Blue. Guessing you have an Orange Komodo too.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’d like to extend an early congrats to our members for securing a Helm. I was a lottery winner a few months ago. It’s a GOOD feeling seeing that email. The Khuraburi Ti with a white dial is among my most favorite watches (and I own a few watches Wink).

The Komodo and Vanuatu are also fantastic watches but the Khuraburi looks incredible, feels great and is one of the lightest watches I own. This is interesting because it is nowhere near my smallest or thinnest watch.

Lastly, I adore the almost alien or out of this world dull/satin gunmetal finish that is different from all of my collection.

Helm = the best dive watch you can buy in the sub $500 category. It’s also one that will go toe to toe with watches costing 2-3x as much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stick.

I’m quite excited and I have the white dial Komodo on the way. Per their email last night, they expect to sip on/before 11/21.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stick, I agree the Titanium Khuraburi is one of my favs too, Matt from Helm not only turns out a great watch but his customer service is top notch too. He responds to emails super quick and the only issue I ever had a shipping address he fixed it quickly. When I get my Miyako next month I will have the 4 Helms I wanted. Took about a year and a half but well worth it.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The white dial Khuraburi Titanium is my favorite as well. I like my Orange and my Black Komodos also, but the Khuraburi just works.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
All 4 models look great, but the Miyako would be the one to get my $.
I prefer the slimmer indices & hands compared to the chunkier look on the other 3.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got a new one in today!

Timex is really knocking it out of the park lately!

I have been buying any of the Marlins with Woodstock on them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got another microbrand coming in and Tabitha's son, who I gave my Phoibos to, now has discovered watches! He just ordered the two tone Phoibos Kracken for his birthday.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I got a new one in today!

Timex is really knocking it out of the park lately!

I have been buying any of the Marlins with Woodstock on them.

Those are fun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
She arrived today. My first Helm:

The packaging, bracelet, and the watch are all exquisite. Still have the plastic crystal protector in place as just trying it on for size now.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I also got my Helm today.

It is a good watch at a very good price. Their service was excellent.

h2oys has good taste.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Both are very nice. Congratulations to youze guys.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
j, I'm glad you finally got it. I know you've been waiting a while. Enjoy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Just swapped out the fabric band for the steel band and it definitely looks different. I think I'm really going to like my new Helm Komodo

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Congratulations guys! They both look great! Do you have a shot of the lume yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Those Komodos are looking great guys, still waiting on my Orange One, delay in shipping is what tracking is saying.

JHE888 is that stainless steel bezel special order, did not see that option, I like it looks really good.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You can buy that bezel as an extra. There are several options. You always get the black one.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Congratulations guys! They both look great! Do you have a shot of the lume yet?

The lume is incredible. Here is a quick pic after a short blast with a small flashlight: