SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Those Sinn Watches are fantastic!!! Beautiful!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like the U50 but I have 8.5” wrists so I am sure would look small on me.

Well my friend, then the U2 is for you. I also have 8.5 inch wrists and it sits just about perfect for my preferences. It’s thick though. Not fitting this one under a shirt cuff.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I get readability taking priority on a diver, but just a bit too chunky for me on the dial.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
quote:

I like the U50 but I have 8.5” wrists so I am sure would look small on me.

Well my friend, then the U2 is for you. I also have 8.5 inch wrists and it sits just about perfect for my preferences. It’s thick though. Not fitting this one under a shirt cuff.

My U2 looks just right, I have a HELM Vanuatu which is smaller but looks good and similar to a U1

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I purchased a waterproof housing for my iPhone and gave it a try on a cruise to Cozumel earlier this week. Pretty pleased with the housing.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I purchased a waterproof housing for my iPhone and gave it a try on a cruise to Cozumel earlier this week. Pretty pleased with the housing.

Cool! Sea Dweller with lug holes? Crazy how the rehaut seems a half an inch thick!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by r0gue:

Cool! Sea Dweller with lug holes? Crazy how the rehaut seems a half an inch thick![/QUOTE]

Correct, SD 16600. It does look especially thick from that angle. It really looks pretty thick off the wrist too but I've never found it to wear that way. It's been my daily almost everyday since purchasing it in the 1999 (less a trip to the spa for service about every 10 years). Just upped my insurance coverage on it since it's almost tripled what I originally paid for it - crazy.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
After 5 days of wear the new Sinn is 6 seconds fast. I’m impressed. Very impressed.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
After 5 days of wear the new Sinn is 6 seconds fast. I’m impressed. Very impressed.

Mine loses about 2 seconds every 3 days.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I wish that JLC would make the Polaris with a GMT complication.
I love the look of this watch. I think the extra hand would suit it quite well.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Very nice, love the black/blue gradient.
A GMT would be a nice addition, but it's quite nice as is, too.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I wish that JLC would make the Polaris with a GMT complication.
I love the look of this watch. I think the extra hand would suit it quite well.

I can see where the Helm Miyako got the dial from now, very similar to JLC.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There have not been many bronze watches posted in this thread lately.

Time to change that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
A couple more bronze.

Steinhart Ocean 1

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
26mm bands, who do you like?

The rubber strap on the CZ is a bit too grippy for me, want something active safe, salt/sweat durable, guessing fabric/vinyl or something like that.

My prior 3 were all on bracelets, but thinking of keeping the CZ on a strap.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’ll add to the bronze…

I need to snap a new picture or two. It has far more patina now.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Here are some fresh photos from this morning. There is quite a bit of patina on it now.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
You guys need to stop, I do not have a bronze watch, but now you have sparked my interest. Love the IWC and Glycine.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Love my two Glycines! And yes both are 46mm and work well for my wrist.

L: 2002 Airman 46 (3820-18T) ETA 2893-2
R: 2000 KMU46 (3804-19S) ETA Unitas 6497-1

The shimmering blue dial of the Airman doesn't show well in this picture Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post