SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, also got that email. Those look good, just something about a blacked out watch.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Started looking up Seiko mod DIYs....Peeking into the rabbit hole.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was doing that very thing last night. Ebay is going to be my downfall.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

You know, with the exception of an ever-elusive Speedmaster Moonwatch Co-axial Chrono (with the date at 6 o'clock), I thought I was relatively set on "gotta have" watches.

Until I saw stick's Turtle pic...Damn that's a good looking watch!
Well, guess what I'm looking for now. LOL

Years ago I had a Gene Kranz Turtle sans bezel. It was impossible to find a replacement bezel, so I ended up selling it to fund another watch. Always regretted parting with it, so I guess another Turtle will find it's way into the fold. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

https://one-second-closer.com/...rtle-seiko-ntd-08-r/

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
More like this:

Couldn't find a bezel for less than $200-$300 IIRC, and really wasn't crazy about paying that much for one.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Gotcha.

As an aside, that bezel alignment is giving me the cringe. Big Grin

Lumed sapphire bezel insert arrived today. I’m going out of town for a long weekend tomorrow, so I’m not going to mess with this until next week, but I did a quick mock up. I think it’ll be worth a try. I got a bottle of Dynacraft golf grip solvent to dissolve the 3m adhesive on the back of the existing bezel insert ala Marc at Long Island Watch’s method. The current bezel insert and the dial are more of a charcoal tone than solid jet black, like the sapphire insert is.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I like, it's definitely an improvement

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
MRBTX, very cool Orient! I have a blue Trident and a few Orient Mods. To me it is a truly fantastic watch and probably the true successor to the mighty SKX as it retains the same basic case shape, screw down crown as well as a few enhancements. Orient is under Seiko’s corporate umbrella so it can easily be considered a successor to the SKX more so than the new Seiko 5 sport series.

Snake207,

I am a bit like the antagonist in the movie Fracture in that I can find a flaw in ANYTHING if given enough time to examine something and especially when I get to live with any mechanical device for any length of time. That said this barely over $200 fleabay find Seiko PADI has outperformed my Omega Seamaster in regards to accuracy. The damn thing just keeps stupid good time on my wrist. Anytime I travel I of course take a few watches but this one always goes on my wrist. My trusty Seiko Turtle and since I collect turtles I choose my best so I always choose this one.

This was taken at the Virgin Islands before the cruise ship industry and really the world got flipped on its head.

For cruising, salt water adventures and then boose cruising back to the hotel to get dropped off on the beach by boat a good mesh bracelet + a Seiko PADI Turtle = perfection.

I am planning a very unique Seiko mod build that is going to utilize a cool trick seen here on this vintage Seiko 5. Black and white variation on the day/date wheels. Why do this? On a mostly black dial with squared off chrome indices with lume squares and having a blacked out day wheel while retaining the white date wheel will fill in the void of the missing 3 o’clock marker without putting in too much white and throwing off the balance on the dial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:

You're highlighting a Glock in a SIG forum? Sacrilege!

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My shipment of bling has been delivered. Big Grin

I honestly like this watch a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. It has a glossy dial with just a hint of gold/brown sunburst when the light hits the dial just right. I wasn’t expecting that. At night and low light thing thing really shines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:

You're highlighting a Glock in a SIG forum? Sacrilege!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/5941074751/p/1

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A bit too gold for me, stick, but a nice piece.
Change the gold bits to silver or black & I'd like it a bit more.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My shipment of bling has been delivered. Big Grin

I honestly like this watch a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. It has a glossy dial with just a hint of gold/brown sunburst when the light hits the dial just right. I wasn’t expecting that. At night and low light thing thing really shines.

Looks good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks JHE888! I bought it as a curiosity piece that has serious collector potential as it never really enjoyed much success but it’s unique as hell and discontinued so who knows what they will be worth in a few years. It’s grown on me quite a bit and is keeping great time.

Seiko is killing me. Just when I managed to think I had successfully resisted Seiko’s latest new colors & offerings they go and do this.

I am so tempted to get one of these. I like it more than the crazy expensive (and masterfully crafted) Zimbe mini turtles.

Behold the new ice dial mini turtle! Eek

Yessssssssss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A wonderful gift from Dave Truong.

Citizen Eco Drive WR100

It will be my everyday watch.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! How nice!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey, it will serve you well! I bought my wife a nice automatic diver only to discover she is more into the hands off eco-drives. Truth be told it was a Citizen eco-drive that kicked off my watch addiction so they will always hold a special place in my heart. Smile

While I will always appreciate eco drive watches automatics is where all the fun is.....especially when you start to build/mod your own.

Before:

After:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Looking good Stick!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post