SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm with 'ya stickman Cool

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
The only 'green' I had on, was the NATO-strap for my Luminox today:

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Stickman, I thought you bought a blue Voyager? Or did you pick up another?

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I liked the blue Voyager so much that I picked up a green one. The Voyager is in my opinion THE best watch Phoibos has made yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Impromptu Beach trip means the Deep Blue Master 1000 on a seatbelt/pvd Bond ZULU.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Very Purty^^

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I also; donned a Deep Blue T-100 tritium for today's wear:

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
A fine gift from my dad. I have joined the automatic watch fraternity with a gift from my dad. A Baume & Mercier Capeland Automatic Chronograph with the 45216 movement. He bought it used in 2006 in celebration of his 50th anniversary. Mom got a trip to England.

He's 93, and said he wanted me to have it while he was still alive to see me enjoy it, and enjoy it I will, as soon as I locate some links for the band. I'm a bit bigger than dad and I can't get it over my hand, much less around my wrist.

I can't express how happy and proud I am to have this, and the opportunity to wear it. Dad wasn't much for luxury. He was born just before, and lived through, the Great Depression. It scarred him for life, and he was never known to waste a cent.

This was his luxury; he has given it to me, and I am humbled.

This is a nice post to read to start my day. Enjoy it! Sure hope you find those links but the most important one you can't see anyhow.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just chiming in with a note of appreciation for this thread. I love seeing and hearing about all these watches. It is also a quite educational thread. My own taste in watches does not run beyond a couple hundred dollars for a watch so I get a lot of vicarious pleasure here seeing some of these higher end time pieces. Thanks for that.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Voyager is hard to photograph. Pics do not do it justice. For this price point Phoibos is knocking it out of the park with their brush work, polishing, fit and finish. In a sea full of NH35A powered (seiko automatic) micro brands Phoibos is where you get a TON of bang for your buck.

When this watch came out it caught a bit of flak for its bezel insert. I happen to like it quite a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Phoibos does deliver a great watch for the money. Here is my classic Ocean Master from a few years back.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Phoibos, it's a nice watch, but I think I'm over it. The last few times I put it on, I wore it for less than a half hour before swapping back to my Glycine. I think I like thin autos better. Might be totally over the Submariner look, honestly. Just doesn't thrill me.

I know some of you guys love your Steinharts. Any opinions on the Nav B-Uhr 44 Automatik B-Muster? I think the date window and hands on the Long Island Watch models killed it for me, so I started looking at the five original manufacturers and honestly... for the price, I think the Steinhart is the better deal as far as specs for the price. It is a little more than I wanted to spend on a Flieger, but there doesn't seem to be quite the market saturation, err selection as there is with dive watches. Decent lume, although I think I'd prefer to see all the printed markers lumed instead of just every ten minutes.

https://www.steinhartwatches.d...omatik-b-muster.html

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Ollech & Wajs (Zurich) ~ Cougar
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31 Natural Canvas Micarta

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My son wanted to go to the antique store today, so I took him. He got a Lego character he wanted and I came home with these.

Best I can tell, this is a Speidel Sportsman 17 jewel hand wind I'm trying to pin down the date on. For $12, I figured I could gamble on the seller's tag "works." It seems to. The hands and hour markers luminesce under blacklight, but once you take it away, that's all she wrote. Neat watch, and I already like it. Lots of wear and character.

This one was a no-brainer. 1978 Timex Marlin with a hand-wind 105 movement, again, best I can tell from looking around online. It still has a hang tag on it, and it looks like it's never been worn. Some minor handling marks, but that's about it. $35. Why not, indeed. Timex has been making reissues of some of their designs from the 70's lately, and they're far pricier than that.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I love that Timex, the numerals are very cool! Great pick-up Smudge.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Speaking of the Phoibos, it's a nice watch, but I think I'm over it. The last few times I put it on, I wore it for less than a half hour before swapping back to my Glycine. I think I like thin autos better. Might be totally over the Submariner look, honestly. Just doesn't thrill me.

I know some of you guys love your Steinharts. Any opinions on the Nav B-Uhr 44 Automatik B-Muster? I think the date window and hands on the Long Island Watch models killed it for me, so I started looking at the five original manufacturers and honestly... for the price, I think the Steinhart is the better deal as far as specs for the price. It is a little more than I wanted to spend on a Flieger, but there doesn't seem to be quite the market saturation, err selection as there is with dive watches. Decent lume, although I think I'd prefer to see all the printed markers lumed instead of just every ten minutes.

https://www.steinhartwatches.d...omatik-b-muster.html

I am really digging those Fliegers lately. Can’t decide between the Steinhart or the Laco.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I am really digging those Fliegers lately. Can’t decide between the Steinhart or the Laco.

Yeah, it kind of comes down to one of the original brands with the Miyota movement or an homage with an ETA or Sellita. Pretty comparable, especially in the Laco basic Aachen 42 with the AR coating option added, coming in a bit cheaper than the Steinhart.

quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I love that Timex, the numerals are very cool! Great pick-up Smudge.

Thanks, Tooky! Yeah, I was pretty thrilled to find it and see that it actually works. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
O&W makes and has made some very solid watches.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Shopworn keeps popping up in my feed. Anyone ever do business with them?

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
After years of hemming and hawing over dive watches, I bought one. Seiko srpd95. The heft of it is substantial compared to my other watches. Really neat to see the lumed markers! Depth from the crystal to face is interesting. The bezel is definitely cool. Silicone strap is comfortable, but that leads me to a question.

What metal linked bands would you recommend? I'd like to try one, as some here have stated that quality bands aren't an issue with arm hair. No chinesium (which is what I'm thinking one gets for $20).

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post