SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Here are two quartz watches with quite a bit of character. The contrast on the Seiko wins hands down. Even after adjusting the Suunto it’s screen is just not as clear and easy to read in low light.

One of the best functions between these two watches is the Seiko’s illumination function, which requires you only smack the watch screen for it to light up. You can also adjust the impact required for it to illuminate.

Brilliant watches. The Suunto is discounted to around $100 on Jomashop’s website right now. For a fun beater with interesting functions it’s pretty hard to find a better watch in that range that has a compass, thermometer, barometer, altimeter, depth gauge and Storm warning system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Stick, you’re gonna cost me money! Lol.

I’ve been eyeballing one of those Suunto Cores since you’ve been posting about yours. Definitely has some appeal. I wonder about the dark display, though. That’s the one major complaint I keep seeing.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
New strap for my Oris 65. Been wearing it with the bracelet for a while and decided to switch it out with a leather strap. Went with the racing style from my favorite strap maker (in Russia) and I’m liking it.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That Oris is amazing!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My first nice watch - trying to be absolutely certain I like the 41.5 before I take the plastic off. 43.5 is an option. I have not worn a watch in a very long time.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Oz. That's the kind of watch you could wear with anything to any situation and it would look great.

That would be a conundrum for me as well. 44 is juuuuust about too big, and 42 is just about perfect, but lately I've been looking at my 42mm watch and thinking "somewhere between 42 and 44 may actually be better." Those half sizes change the math a little bit.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking Oris, Oz.
My opinion: wear it for a bit, and you'll get used to its size.

I've got skinny wrists and am used to smaller watches. I bought a Seiko Prospex PADI from craigcpa and thought "it's YUGE!" Wore it for a couple of days and it was completely unnoticed.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Plastic is now off, had it sized, and compared to the 43.5 I definitely prefer the one I got in 41.5.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Oz -- that particular watch is one I've been lusting after for years. Never quite managed to pull the trigger on it, but happy for you that you did...it's a beautiful piece.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looks great, Oz! That sure is a keeper!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38643 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. I'm very happy with it. My wife definitely splurged a bit on me, but a local authorized dealer beat almost all of the online grey market dealers. Funny thing is the frustration she had with one of the big online discounters almost resulted in her going straight to the Omega store. I do really like this one though. I have been looking at it for quite a while too.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Citizen made their first smart watch and thankfully it doesn’t look like a damn smart watch. I’m digging the aesthetics of the case quite a bit. It has that diver chronograph vibe going and I think it looks great. I’m tempted to get one.

Link to Citizen’s new smart watch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like that Citizen a lot. Similar style to my Satellite Wave, sourced from Dave.

I'd been thinking about a Fitbit type watch, but would prefer this by a long shot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If the Citizen Promaster Altichron came in all black it would already be on my wrist.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd seriously consider one of those Citizen smart watches for everyday wear and exercise time, but at 46mm, damn, too big for my little wrists.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38643 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My F150 Satellite Wave is a 44mm so only a bit bigger & likely slimmer. The F150 has a pretty thick case.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Wonder if we could talk Dave into one of his group buys on that Citizen Smart Watch. My wife is a FitBit junkie but I like the looks of traditional watches too much to get one or the Suunto.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Link to Citizen’s new smart watch

Please, Seiko, bring us something like this!!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
I like the idea, though, I think a group buy on a new release, could be problematic

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My newest edition looks incredible. I love the subtle bits of red on the dial. I need to get a better pic of the dial. This variant of the Khaki King Scuba is somewhat difficult to find. It also has unique Hamilton rubber straps with red stitching but they were swapped out by the previous owner and kept minty in a plastic bag. Cool

I think my Hamilton collection is complete, I’m only tempted by that all black Hamilton chronograph that is in the new Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series on Amazon.

The watch looks just as good in black and white.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~