SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Got two containers (300+ pieces) of Lake City 5.56 brass lubed up and sized. Trying to get my laundry fluffed and folded so I can get them trimmed.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shot all my reloads... Razz and Mad

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless tumbled another 20 lbs of deprimed 9mm brass. Only 24 lbs left to deprime and tumble and I'll have about 80 lbs of clean 9mm brass to load.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
Stainless tumbled another 20 lbs of deprimed 9mm brass. Only 24 lbs left to deprime and tumble and I'll have about 80 lbs of clean 9mm brass to load.

Now that's a lot of brass! Eek

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Now that's a lot of brass! Eek

And I will load and shoot almost all of it during this years training and USPSA season.

Just waiting for my P320 to get back from Grayguns so that I can finish fine tuning the round I want to run through my new 550B before getting started on it.

The brass will be ready though.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, best of luck in the new season! I just recently started in IDPA and I go through a fair bit of 9mm (also a 320) but that amount when you measure your brass in that kind of poundage is a whole other level LOL

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Loaded up some test rounds using Unique and some new coated 158gr LSWC I picked up. Working up/on the old Skeeter Skelton loads.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Went to the Post Office before lunch and picked up a flat rate box with the 2000 .45 200 grain RNFP bullets I ordered last week (I told my carrier to leave me a notice and I would pick them up...she doesn't weigh much more than the bullets Smile)...these will get my through the spring into warmer weather before casting again...

A friend of mine dropped off a paper grocery bag full of new never loaded ACTIV 12 gauge hulls (they have already been skived Smile)...these are the first brown ones I have seen in 12-15 years...I have never loaded a better hull and I wish they were still in business...

I'm going to be busy for a little while...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Those Active hulls are neat. I remember them being red. Theres prolly a 5gal of them downstairs somewhere.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Whew! Today was a whirlwind for my reloading cabinet. This morning I found a ton of crap I don't need, and I sold it. Between SF classifieds and Armslist, I cleared a little over $1k.

I ordered:
8lbs Varget
8lbs TAC
8lbs A1680
3k 9mm Precision Delta bullets
1k 190gr Nosler CCs
3k 55gr FMJs

Time to get to work before the summer!

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DevlDogs55:
Whew! Today was a whirlwind for my reloading cabinet. This morning I found a ton of crap I don't need, and I sold it. Between SF classifieds and Armslist, I cleared a little over $1k.

I ordered:
8lbs Varget
8lbs TAC
8lbs A1680
3k 9mm Precision Delta bullets
1k 190gr Nosler CCs
3k 55gr FMJs

Time to get to work before the summer!

Burned a hole in your pocket,but the stuff you got coming is a great thing.
I have for a week, load a hundred or so 5 7 X28 rounds each morning around five while drinking my coffee.
I have got to put in a powder this month myself.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
I did spend a lot.. but I was able to sell a bunch of items that covered about 90% of what I spent. I'm jealous of your 5.7 Cool

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Pin tumbled my 1500ish 223 brass that I had recently resized and trimmed. After they dried, I deswaged all of them so that they are ready for reloading. I normally hand prime them before I reload, but I may just use the 650 priming system.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Pin tumbled my 1500ish 223 brass that I had recently resized and trimmed. After they dried, I deswaged all of them so that they are ready for reloading. I normally hand prime them before I reload, but I may just use the 650 priming system.

I don't own a 650,[I'm poor] but the 550's do all my priming on the two presses.
You should set it up to do this.
Much easier and faster as well as precise seating when set.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did spend a lot.. but I was able to sell a bunch of items that covered about 90% of what I spent. I'm jealous of your 5.7 Cool

It is a joy,once you get over the shock of the fireball.
I let lots of people and kids shoot it,kids love it.
Virtually no recoil or muzzle flip,shoots the same as my 422 S/W
That is why I had to start loading the round.
That shit is expensive .

Bamf
posted Hide Post
Oh man my wife would love that.. Minus the expensive part haha.

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I loaded my first 50 rounds of 45 colt ammo. 8.5 gr. Unique powder, 250 gr. hard cast bullet, Starline brass and WLP primer. I used a Lee carbide 4 die set which worked great. My gun isn't even here yet, bought it from Buds and it should be here tomorrow.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I loaded my first 50 rounds of 45 colt ammo. 8.5 gr. Unique powder, 250 gr. hard cast bullet, Starline brass and WLP primer. I used a Lee carbide 4 die set which worked great. My gun isn't even here yet, bought it from Buds and it should be here tomorrow.

That's awesome! I helped a buddy load some .223 for his first time today. Always happy to have more people get into reloading.

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:

That's awesome! I helped a buddy load some .223 for his first time today. Always happy to have more people get into reloading.

Thanks. I've been reloading about a year now but this was my first go at the 45 colt. I've done .223 and 40 sw previously. Its very relaxing and a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. I losded those around taking my wife and son to see London Has Fallen.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Oops! Haha - foot in mouth. I totally read that the wrong way. Either way.. I'm happy to hear it is as much fun for you as it is for me.