SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
Does replacing a couple of old lights and adding two extra fixtures count ?

Man what a difference the extra light makes with these old eyes.

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marathon weekend.

Prepped 420 pieces of Dasher brass, loaded 150rds of those, shoot them tomorrow. Prepped 300 pieces of 6.5x47 brass. Loaded 1000rds of 9MM, shoot some of those tomorrow also.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I wish.

Between the fact that my rifle is in pieces (Jon has the action, and j Allen has the chassis), and the fact it's winter, no shooting going on around here for a while.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
I bought a big ole case tumbler. A Dillon 2001 that has been used five times. Price $140.00 that is $50.00 cheaper than new. I guess I can run two different brass now when I clean them.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mounted the new single stage press next to the 650.
Also prepped 100 223 cases. I have not loaded for a bolt action rifle. I am trying to load for accuracy.
I read the whole long range shooting thread and thought I would give it a try. I am going to start off with a Remington XR100 in .223 .

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Ordered primers and pistol bullets in preparation for the next scare. I'm stocked-up for at least the next five years. I'll sleep better too!

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up 150 .45 colt on the old single stage, I've been doing about 150 each night this past week and only have about 300 more to go before changing dies to .45 acp and do a 1000 round run. Every time I do this much in a short period of time I long for a progressive, but I live in a studio apartment and can barely even fit my single stage anywhere near convenient. Is buying a new apartment in order to fit a progressive completely nuts? Smile

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up some H4350 to compare to 4064 for my 30-06. Also some primers.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Rolled my own slugs. I bought the stuff a while back but never tried it.

I'll get better at getting a consistent roll, but they seem secure at least. I will load the rest once I know they are good to go.

They are Ballistic Products 1oz Thug Slugs with 24gr of 700x behind them.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Loaded a string of 124gr with Autocomp, and then my first 147gr 9mm rounds with Autocomp and WSF to hopefully find a nice load for my suppressor. Going to have to pull a bunch of prior loaded .243Winchester loads, just changed the barrel and those don't fit...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
working up new load using varget 80 grain smk and lapua brass

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
300 rounds of .40 ammo and 280 rounds of 5.56 ammo. Plus watched a video on how to form 270AR brass from 6.5x47 Lupua brass. Thats prep for my next AR build.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cuda2045:
working up new load using varget 80 grain smk and lapua brass

Are you shooting those out of an AR? I have 1000 80gr Nosler Custom Comp bullets but thinking I would have to load them too long for use in my ARs.

Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Breaking in the new press and loading my first batch now.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
Deprimed, wet tumbled, dried and am now in the middle of swaging a bunch of once fired 223/556 brass. Try to do a big batch so I don't have to deal with it again for awhile. Glad I bought that Giraud...Probably my least favorite activities for reloading

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
357 mag

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
250 rounds of 6.8 and 300 rounds of .40 cal ammo.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I am in the 223 loading mold now,got seven hundred loaded up and am in the process of running a dishpan full thru the home made Giraud.
They will get sonic cleaned today and re tumbled

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Went to my range earlier today and picked up several hundred .40 cases along with a bag full of .45ACP and 9MM brass...I've not seen this much brass left laying in many years...

Also a special thanks to the shooter who replaced the .38 Special cases back into the styrofoam trays before tossing them in the trash...I didn't have to bend down to retrieve them Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Went to my range earlier today and picked up several hundred .40 cases along with a bag full of .45ACP and 9MM brass...I've not seen this much brass left laying in many years...

Also a special thanks to the shooter who replaced the .38 Special cases back into the styrofoam trays before tossing them in the trash...I didn't have to bend down to retrieve them Razz

Well damn ,nice to meet another dumpster diver.
Used to happen to me at WMA ranges I shot at.
Got lucky on some occasions as some shooter would bring to my table .
Got seven boxes of fed 7 mm brass one time.
He could not shoot worth a shit,but a nice guy all the same.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post