SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Loaded 400 rounds of 150gr fmj 300 BLK. That was the last of the rifle rounds I needed to load before converting the press back over to 9mm.

My 550b seemed to be binding a bit while turning the shell plate. A quick shot of Hornady Quick Shot solved that issue. Looks like I found a suitable use for it.

If its binding you have it snugged down a thousand of an inch too much.
I have found that a good cleaning and thin a dab of Imperial wax on stem ,plate and base make the thing smooth as a baby's but.
I use my finger and smooth all over,only takes very little.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Loaded 400 rounds of 150gr fmj 300 BLK. That was the last of the rifle rounds I needed to load before converting the press back over to 9mm.

My 550b seemed to be binding a bit while turning the shell plate. A quick shot of Hornady Quick Shot solved that issue. Looks like I found a suitable use for it.

If its binding you have it snugged down a thousand of an inch too much.
I have found that a good cleaning and thin a dab of Imperial wax on stem ,plate and base make the thing smooth as a baby's but.
I use my finger and smooth all over,only takes very little.

I agree. I've been having difficulty finding that sweet spot per say. I back it off a bit and then the cases are loose in the shell plate and every other case I'm guiding into the sizing die. I'll try the Imperial wax next time around. I'm thinking that more than likely a piece of debris got under it causing it to bind. However after that shot of Hornady the thing ran smoother than ever.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Got serious with the new press today. Loaded up a few hundred .40 and 38spl without the case collator learning the function as I went. Basically ran it like a Dillon. Big Grin

Oh snap!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Recapped, resized, and popped fresh primers into about 50 .44 magnum cases. The same in the near future for about 25 45-70 cases.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Loaded up some 300blk 110gr blacktips to test out along with my 223 70gr TSX. I've spent a lot of money on Barnes bullets lately Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Dang Argolfer;you feed your guns the good stuff Big Grin
I am in the casting kick again with the 44 mag bullets ,powder coated about 500 yesterday.
Was out of red but had school bus yellow and it takes two coats of it to cover well.
That is two firing in the oven.
Takes time but its is something I enjoy.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Takes time but its is something I enjoy.

THIS is what it is all about as far as I am concerned!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the LGS today and was suprised to find Remington primers for $30 per K...really didn't go there to buy anything but ended up buying 1K each of both LPP and LRP as well as three pounds of Alliant Clay Dot for $22 per pound...

I can live with those prices from a brick and mortar store (they still wanted $40 per pound for Unique and Bullseye Roll Eyes)...

Both my powder and primer stocks are looking good as of late Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sized every piece of x47 brass in the house.

Trying to get up the motivation to get off the couch and go downstairs and load some so I can do load development tomorrow.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
had some 223 already sized and primed...today I loaded 50 rounds of LC brass...with Sierra Match 55grain HP.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Cleaned, sized and primed a bunch of .44 magnum brass for these new arrivals (240grn TMJ)

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Not quite today (yesterday, actually), but I just picked up my scale, and a Hornady reloading manual. That just leaves a priming tool for me to get and I should have the essentials covered.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I stopped by the LGS today and was suprised to find Remington primers for $30 per K...really didn't go there to buy anything but ended up buying 1K each of both LPP and LRP as well as three pounds of Alliant Clay Dot for $22 per pound...

I can live with those prices from a brick and mortar store (they still wanted $40 per pound for Unique and Bullseye Roll Eyes)...

Both my powder and primer stocks are looking good as of late Smile

Ouch that's insane. I'm lucky in that I have a good local source for powder. I've never seen them out of Unique and at $20 per pound I always pick up a pound or two when I stop by. Actually all of their Alliant powders are around $20 per pound.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
After the last trip to the range, cleaned, sized, and trimmed 250 243Win and 240 223Rem cases. Loving my Giraud trimmer! I used to dread (and delay) rifle case trimming.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Working up some comparison .357 loads using H110 and CFE Pistol

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Taught SWMBO how to load 6br for firing in her dasher. Took her 4 hours to load 99 rounds, but she did it all herself. The ones she fired all went bang, so.. So far, so good!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SlimMan
posted Hide Post
An easy day. Loaded 200 rounds of prepped 9mm brass on my Hornady LNL AP. Xtreme 124 gr plated, 4.3 gr 231, and Tula SPP.

Posts: 268 | Location: Parrish FL | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlimMan:
An easy day. Loaded 200 rounds of prepped 9mm brass on my Hornady LNL AP. Xtreme 124 gr plated, 4.3 gr 231, and Tula SPP.

Slim,

I loaded Xtreme 124 FP- 5.3 Power Pistol-WIN Brass-1.050 COL . Shot well out of my 320F. I have some 231, how does your load shoot?

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I finished resizing and trimming the rest of my WCC 223, probably around 1500. Man, I really like the 650 with case feeder and Dillon trimmer for that. Now I need to deswage them and throw them in the stainless steel tumbler.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
I loaded some precision delta 147gr FMJ-TC over 4.0 of SR4756 with Win SPP using mixed brass.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post