SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Stainless tumbled my last 30 pounds of 40 Cal brass and banged out 62 of these bad boys.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
JMorris;looks like 45,000 primers,you running a little low ,time to get some stock Wink

I saw that too. Giggled with delight and a twinge of jealously.

Same here hehe!

The other day I was reading through a reloading manual. And it said "paraphrasing" a reloading only needs 8,000 primers on hand, 1,000 of each type.

I laughed because I have more primers than that sitting in my kitchen.

Anyways I will sum up what I did for the week.

I sorted, and cleaned a 5 gallon bucket of brass. Loaded 500 rounds of my 9mm PCC Load. And picked up a gallon worth of brass.

I should have the ranged cleaned up before it starts getting hot again. And the back log of brass sorted and cleaned.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I would be out if I only had 8000. I don't even order in quantities that small.

But yeah that's less than 45,000 primers on the bench. When cleaning up I sorted "open" jugs and boxes and put them where they would be used first. I use mostly Winchester primers except for "special" stuff so I left all the other brands with the unopened Winchester primers.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Resized all my 6.5x47 brass. Did a video review of the Thumbler's Model B (it's uploading now), plan to do a review of dies and how I load in a little bit (it's lunchtime here).

Plan is to reload all my 6.5x47 over the winter so when match season starts I'm not behind the curve.

Recently I also ordered a stripped 700 action, I may have mentioned that. Yesterday I ordered a 1-piece bolt from PTG, as well as a firing pin assembly, Sako extractor, and an ejector kit. Also ordered a 1:7 Krieger .224 standard palma blank.

Trying to decide if I want to use LC brass or buy Lapua for it (.223 Ackley Improved). The brass is on sale right now, so I need to decide soon. LOL But I have 2 5-gallon buckets of Lake City, so there's that..

I also have a 1-gallon ice cream pail overflowing with tumbled 9mm that needs decapped. And I need to chamfer and primer all my 6.5 brass.. Gonna be a busy afternoon!

ETA:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/WaG6ltVE_-g

This message has been edited. Last edited by: exx1976,

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Ordered 6.5x47 Lupua brass from Midway. 100 for $103. Now bad but they still get you on shipping.

Resized 50 of my existing 6.5 Lupua brass for some ladder loads for my 270AR with 8208 powder. Loading 130 and 110 gr Nosler Accubonds.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
*Lapua

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
*Lapua

Go easy on me..., I graduated from the Univ. of Tennessee.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broke the carbide sizing ring in my Redding G-Rx die last night taking the bulges out of some 40 cal brass. Sum-bitch Mad

I guess the 40 cal brass prep will go on hold as the die travels back to Redding for replacement.

Time to start the prep on the 90lbs of 9mm brass I have laying around I guess.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Between yesterday and today, I:

Tumbled lube off all 6.5 brass
Chamfered all of it
Primed all of it
Realized I have lost over 100 pieces in 2 seasons - Fuck!

Bought 500 pieces of lapua 223
Bought a bunch of 223 loading blocks
Bought a couple more tins of imperial for the stockpile
Bought 2 accurate 223 AI pattern mags
Sent the action off to have a defiance side bolt stop installed
Made another video about dies & tools, outlined my reloading process for precision rifle

I think that's enough fun for now. Tomorrow I'll probably start loading that 6.5 brass. Need to run off some more blackout, and then switch to 9mm and run off an ammo can full of that.

posted Hide Post
Sorted through a large flat rate box full of 45 to separate out the small primer brass. Whoever thought small primers in .45 ACP was a good idea needs to be throat punched.....then hit in the nuts for good measure.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Sorted through a large flat rate box full of 45 to separate out the small primer brass. Whoever thought small primers in .45 ACP was a good idea needs to be throat punched.....then hit in the nuts for good measure.

And then hung by their toenails while being beaten with a switch.

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I built a toolhead stand for my 650.

It is a bit quick and dirty so it isn't quite a plum as I would like. But the next one I am going to make I am going to make sure everything is perfectly level.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Fixed my old Frankford tumbler. It started running intermittent. Figured the motor windings finally shot. Turns out it was just a spade connector gone bad after all these years. Spliced it back and good for another 20 years!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Started working on an Android app that you're all going to want to buy. Got about 20 hours into it so far. Figure it needs another 40-ish.

Hope to have it finished in a month or so. Would be sooner, but the holidays will have me busy for a bit. That, and my day job...

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Finally got serious and tuned the Lee Drum measure to toss consistently within about .1gr. It's sat since LAST Christmas waiting for me to get serious. All it took was a detailed wash in dish soap, a thourough dusting of graphite, and about a half hopper of powder to wear the wipes in. The disk is still on the Loadmaster (not going to disrupt a good thing) but the drum now sits on the turret press for "medium quantity" stuff.

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re organize

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Sorted my bucket-o-brass and tumbled some 45ACP. Avoided the range and all the gobbstompers with their new post-Christmas AR-15's. Didn't want to get shot.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Tumbling some brass. Got a several thousand dirty shells that have been neglected through the year.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Got a 250 pack of Blue bullets from a secret santa over on Arfcom, so I loaded a ladder before christmas and found that 3.8gr of Red Dot works well (still trying to kill this keg I got for free in 2015, 8000 rounds in still over half left).

Loaded up the remaining 200 or so, going to put them through my new P320RX this weekend.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Cleaned and prepped 1K .300aac.