SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Sized 400 .223 cases. After they finish tumbling to remove the lube, I get to trim them all plus another 200 I sized last week. And there about 300 more left to size. I hate case prep.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Went to the gun show and traded a lb. of 7828 that I bought for $23.98 (on sale) the day before at Bi-Mart for a lb. of $40 marked, impossible to find, W296 for the Blackout rounds. (H110 must be even more scarce. I saw a lb. at the Albany show last week marked (gasp) $55.)
And $20 for a box of Sierra #2120 that is $27 anywhere else. If you can find them.
And $23 for 1k of WSR primers that are (a reasonable, these days) $36 at Bi-Mart.

It's like 2006 all over again.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Needed to do brass prep and load 209 rounds for some upcoming training. At least I made a dent Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Man jlemmy, That IS a lot of work.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
First thought in my brain:

"Right tool for the job"

Damn...Ive been to gunshops with less stock. Wink

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Been at it all day, the last 150 is primed and ready. Going to try and weigh out and seat the rest in the AM.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SlimMan
posted Hide Post
Rolled out 200 more rounds of 45 acp (200 gr. Bayou Bullet SWC) on my fairly new LNL. All in prep for a range trip to try out a P220.

Posts: 268 | Location: Parrish FL | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Scored an 8# jug of h4350 for $188 out the door.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of reloading 1,500rds of .223 ammo. Right now I'm swaying the primer pockets.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Scored 10# of old-stock Blue Dot for $50. Smile

Ordered 6k 200gr FMJ 10mm bullets.

Ordered 14k 147grFMJ 9mm bullets.

Prepped 3k throw-away .223 cases throughout the week in prep for an upcoming 3-day carbine class.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
swaying the primer pockets.

Yeah, get those little fuckers voting Republican!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Off to the gun show this morning to see what I can scrounge.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I/we loaded 800 rounds of 9mm today. Our 13 year old daughter likes to reload with me. She started helping by sorting brass at 5 years old. Now she loads primers and today ran the 550B by her self. Great to work in the shop with her. I will try to post pics of her working

Jsjac

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the pics on photo bucket but I can not figure how to post the link.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Bought a few pounds of Lil Gun.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:
I powder coated a little over a thousand rounds of 9mm I cast the other day. Now I'm part way through sizing them all.

This made me smile,you have taught an old dog new tricks with the powder cote thingy,damn the make my shooting so much better.No lube smoke,its wonderful.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:
I powder coated a little over a thousand rounds of 9mm I cast the other day. Now I'm part way through sizing them all.

This made me smile,you have taught an old dog new tricks with the powder cote thingy,damn the make my shooting so much better.No lube smoke,its wonderful.

Powder coating seems a bit messy, but is cheaper than the hi-tech coating. I just started doing some with hi-tech, easy process with great results. It may not 100% replace my std lubed bullets, but for indoor shooting, waaay better.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mississippi Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I put the pics on photo bucket but I can not figure how to post the link.

You should find an IMG link for the picture you want to post. Click that link and it should copy it for you. Now go to your post and right click to paste the link. I normally hit a return before I paste the next picture.

Views and opinions I express are not those of my employer or any of their customers.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
Needed to do brass prep and load 209 rounds for some upcoming training. At least I made a dent Wink

I have that same bench, I think.... Lowes? Smile And maybe the same Shooboy hammer Smile What is the press on the front right of the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Scored 10# of old-stock Blue Dot for $50. Smile

Ordered 6k 200gr FMJ 10mm bullets.

Ordered 14k 147grFMJ 9mm bullets.

Prepped 3k throw-away .223 cases throughout the week in prep for an upcoming 3-day carbine class.

10lbs for $50?? That's a great deal!!

14K 147 grainers? Are you loading up subs? I need to stock up on some, but I have never ordered that many at a time. I bet your mailman will love you Smile

quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I/we loaded 800 rounds of 9mm today. Our 13 year old daughter likes to reload with me. She started helping by sorting brass at 5 years old. Now she loads primers and today ran the 550B by her self. Great to work in the shop with her. I will try to post pics of her working

Jsjac

My 8 year old daughter loves to put the primers in the tube for me and puts the loaded rounds in the trays for me. She makes different designs Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

I have that same bench, I think.... Lowes? Smile And maybe the same Shooboy hammer Smile What is the press on the front right of the bench?

Yup, have 2 of the Lowes benches setup side by side. The other has the larger presses bolted to it. This one is the workbench so to speak. Nice spot on the hammer Wink The press is a K&M arbor, I break it out when seating with the Wilson dies.