SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
Unpacked a test batch of new brass Wink

That is a bootiful piture!

Interested in how it works out for you.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Finally replaced my lyman digi scale with a GemPro 250. While I was at the crack store, found two pounds of 231 and some pull down brass for 357 magnum. Zero came through this week with my order of 38 cal 130 gr RFN FMJ from October, so now to assemble some test rounds for the Henry.

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Trimmed those 1000+ 5.56 cases. LGS called and said they were holding one pound of Unique for me, yippee.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a baseline lead level check, does that count?

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Ordered 2k 245 30 cal for subs, and 2k 69gr SMKs because of the "panic".

Want to make sure I have plenty to weather this storm now...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished up the 125 9mm using 124gr rn berry bullet. Another 125 to do today as deprimed, resized and primed 'em yesterday. Need more Berrys so will order today. Next up the Hollow Points, need a box or two of them loaded up.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
On a Bender. In the last two days:

Decapped, swaged, sized, and tumbled 3k pieces of 223.

Trimmed and loaded 850.

Plan to finish by Friday night.

Thank God for the 650 with casefeeder.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flared and primed 1,000 40 cal cases last night.

Received 1,000 22 cal bullets today. Guess it's time to start prepping those cases.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded and case gauged 1,000 40 cal.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Setup a new toy Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Setup a new toy Wink

Jealous!!

What's one of those go for?

I just hauled in 2k 245gr MBC blackout bullets that the mailman left on my porch.

And the Seekins rings for my new build.

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
$530 unfortunately. Went back and forth between this and the Giraud. In stock here Bench Source

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
That's where I got mine. Very happy with it. Congrats on getting one.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
$530 unfortunately. Went back and forth between this and the Giraud. In stock here Bench Source

That thing looks nice and your work station is very nice also

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Ran a bunch of about 100 pieces. I have to say I'm very happy with the purchase. The uniformity of the results had me smiling Big Grin

Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
Nothing, its too cold down in the basement,
4 degrees outside below ground basement is hard to heat, but nice in the hot summer

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldseabag860:
4 degrees outside below ground basement is hard to heat, but nice in the hot summer

Boy am I glad it doesn't get that cold

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldseabag860:

My basement sucks as well and it was 53 degrees when I started my reloading last weekend. While down there I ran my portable fish house heater to warm it up a bit. I was able to get it up to a bearable 60 degrees.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
So that bender with the 223 reloading last week...

I must fess up, that wasn't my ammo, nor did I even do much of the work.

A buddy bought 5k pieces of brass, 10k primers, 3 8# jugs of CFE223, and 3k bullets during the early stages of the Sandy Hook panic.

He didn't even have a press. A mutual friend of ours loaned him a press (550b) and everything he'd need, but never went and showed him how to set it up or what to do.

Enter my 650. I get a call one day asking if I'd help him out. So he came over, and I showed him every step of everything that needed to be done, including trimming.

I swaged the brass, and lubed it. I did QC for him. He deprimed, sized, trimmed, and loaded.

Everything came out great. Took 5 evenings for him to load 3k rounds, starting with once-fired, unprocessed brass. Not too bad considering he was only running the press at 450-500 rounds per hour, and also considering that the brass he had was mixed headstamp, so it needed to be sorted before it could be effectively swaged.

For my trouble, he gave me an 8# jug of CFE223.

I'd say that was fair. He was very happy with his three ammo cans full of ammo. Being only a hunter, and not a target shooter, he estimates that ammo should last him and his sons approximately 10 years, figuring in a few trips out west for coyote.

Works for me. Big Grin

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Deprimed, trimmed and prepped 600 pieces of .38special shells. Set up dies and loaded up two initial boxes of 158gr FP over 5.3 Unique. Been a loooong time since I used those dies. Getting ready for a "new arrival" in the safe. Big Grin

Prepped an unknown number of once fired Speer .40sw for loading tomorrow.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post