SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Justified City Primeval
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified City Primeval Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I really didn't take Raylan's "How was it for you?" as insecurity or whatever. I took it as him being (as usual) kinda smart alecky, along with the "So, don't tell the kids at school?" comment after she got all legally.

As far as the quality of the gal, I humbly submit I have known/suspected some women who while not exactly stunning looking, were (or I thought might be) absolute freaks in the sheets. Perhaps that was her appeal to him.

I do agree, it's not Justified, but it is Raylan. I'm looking forward to when shit hits the fan. I just hope his gun handling skills haven't gotten as gray as his hair.

Problem is you don't find that out until you're already in the sheets. In this case, I don't believe I'd taken the gamble.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even aside from Raylan screwing Oprah, it’s been just a terrible series.

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Although tonight's episode was better.

Posts: 6738 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Although tonight's episode was better.

Agreed, wish the prior episodes had been on par with tonight’s.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've been working my way through this, and it's bad. Real bad.

It started out promising, with the confrontation with the carjackers in FL. I think they did that because it gave them some preview reel to get past viewers interested in the show, but then it's all downhill from there.

The whole storyline with the daughter is cliche and overdone. Her acting isn't awesome, either, but I don't really blame her....there's no fixing the script.

The bad guy lacks any sort of depth...he's basically just a narcissistic shitbag thug. The character of Boyd in the original series, his conflicted character, and his counterpart to Raylan is 95% of what made the show, and there's nothing like that here. And yeah the tighty-whiteys...just nasty.

I miss Art and the banter between Raylan and his colleagues, too...there's no character development or depth within the team in this series.

Raylan's character is also getting woke-ified. There's the Oprah love-story thing, but he's also criticizing the DPD guys for doing exactly the same type of stuff that he used to do (kicking the door in on the guy during the standoff, or name-dropping Mansell to the Albanians). It's actually a good thing DPD is there, or there would be no action in this show at all.

Overall, it's a flop, IMO. I just finished episode 4...I'll watch a couple more to give it a chance to turn around, but if it doesn't I'm done.

Posts: 9249 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Looking at the preview for the next episode, it appears he has a hookup with the attorney. From Winona and Ava to this one. That’s just gross.

I am glad I stopped after one episode. That would ruin the Raylan character for me.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 965 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Honestly enjoying it more and more as it progresses, growing on me… but I’m still waiting on him to get his ass beat… because that happened sometimes in the original series and it made him more believable, more real… I dislike “Superhero” types.

The daughter… not impressed, the part or the actress.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm caught up through episode 6 now. I disagree with several here...it's not getting any better. Frown

Posts: 9249 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
..it's not getting any better. Frown

No, predictable paint-by-numbers, disappointing to be sure.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finale better have some shooting in it to save this series.

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Six episodes and Raylan hasn't shot anyone? Besides that, its sucks. It discredits the Justified brand. This whole story could've been Wrapped up in four episodes. If this is the best they can do, I hope those writers stay on strike forever.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
It’s funny reading this thread as I was a huge fan of the original series, heck I even have a screen used US Marshall sign that was in their old office. I bid on Raylans Glock holster and almost won, but I digress.

I have only seen the trailers for the new Primeval season and every time I’ve felt like it just didn’t fit for him to be in a setting such as that. The way he carry’s himself in general and the stellar dialogue that made it such a great show in the first place really works best in a backwoods Kentucky type environment in my opinion.

It kind of feels like when Crocodile Dundee went to New York and it was funny for about a minute then it was like oil and water. I’ll still catch the season some time, but if he hasn’t even shot someone and it’s getting this much negative feedback from a group that really liked the old series, then I guess I don’t need to hurry up and catch up.

Posts: 4646 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought we were supposed to get a shootout last night. I waited and waited, until finally it looked like Clement and Raylan were going to replay the Miami restaurant scene from episode one of the original Justified and who shows up, the Albanians, who I still don't know what they have to do with the plot and no shots are fired. By my count, there is one last episode. Maybe, instead of killing Clement, Raylan will just arrest him.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the episode started out okay and then seemed to slide downhill when the Albanians came along. The last episode better be really good or I will feel like I wasted my time with this lame version of Justified.

Posts: 6738 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
You can tell big time we are watching different writers at work. I stayed up late to watch it, but sure miss the quality of the old series.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the corrupt DPD has set up someone other than Mansell for killing the Judge, Raylan now has no one that has not back stabbed him. His Lawyer squeeze turned him over to the Albanians. The Albanians have ditched the murder weapon so that's gone. Now either Raylan rescues Mansell from the Albanians and then kills him or lets him go.
And Raylan's kid may pop up again too. And where's the Judges book? Was it burned in Sweetys fire?
Actually, the only ones I am rooting for are the Albanians!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm kind of hoping the Albanians just kill everybody and put us out of our misery. I know I could just stop watching, but at this point there's only one episode left and I might as well finish this train wreck.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

I'm kind of hoping the Albanians just kill everybody and put us out of our misery. I know I could just stop watching, but at this point there's only one episode left and I might as well finish this train wreck.

Amen

Posts: 806 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Raylan and Clement were face-to-face in the hotel there was just a moment when we started to see a glimmer of the old Raylan that we know and love, but it vanished with the arrival of the Albanians. So much for the advertised "Showdown".

I don't particularly want to subject myself to another episode but have invested enough time that I'll probably watch the finale.

Posts: 786 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My favorite episode is coming up......the last one.