SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Justified City Primeval
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified City Primeval Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm half way through episode #3 and all I can say is boring....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Stop with the tighty whities Eek
Someone is channeling Bryan Cranston, enough already!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is certainly a different show but I’m beginning to enjoy it on episode 4. Original series is among my favorite shows ever so I didn’t expect it to top that but it’s been a fun ride.

Posts: 2224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will keep watching, but so far its been so-so.
The daughter was annoying.
I just want to see Mansell get ventilated. Don't care who shoots him. Albanians. Raylan. DPD. Sandy.
Sweety.
Just shoot him already.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Agreed.

Looking at the preview for the next episode, it appears he has a hookup with the attorney. From Winona and Ava to this one. That’s just gross.

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ripley:

Agreed.

Looking at the preview for the next episode, it appears he has a hookup with the attorney. From Winona and Ava to this one. That’s just gross.[/QUOTE.
If by he, you mean Raylan, I wish you hadn't told me that.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You know what is lacking? - I was excited in season one when Raylan takes out the bad guy in the first episode in spectacular fashion (as I recall).
Set the tone for being "Justified".
Wish they would ramp up the excitement a bit here in season two. Frown

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan of the original Justified. This isn't the same quality, but again what is these days?

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
I was a big fan of the original Justified. This isn't the same quality, but again what is these days?

In a nutshell

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'll offer a few observations after watching episode 5.

This isn't Justified. This is a different show with the lead character of the original in a watered down role. I'll still watch it.

It's moving slooooow. If it wasn't titled Justified, I might not be expecting anything different. But c'mon man.

Seeing Regina Taylor pop up in a small scene, with what appears to be only a peripherally related story line didn't make a lot of sense to me, unless they're trying to fill time. Or, this story line develops into something more. BTW, I really think they swung & missed on casting the lawyer. When I saw the first episode I immediately thought Regina Taylor in that role. Irony I suppose that she turns up later. I like her.

Anyway, as I stated above, I'll watch it, but Justified it ain't.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
***SPOILERS***
(sigh)

"How was it for you?
"About what I expected it to be."

There's the answer you'd hope for, particularly when you consider in this day and age, she had to initiate the action, yikes. And here I thought Raylan was a confident manly man, not this sad and needy guy.

And the crackling writing (paraphrasing)

"A man can only be killed once but a crime scene can be murdered a hundred times."

Yes ^^^^ this is not "Justified".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure I can make it through three more episodes. Disappointed that Oliphant signed on to this. Wonder what Walter Goggins is thinking? Maybe he didn't sign on because he read the script.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I guess Raylan will be bedding down Oprah next.
WTF!
We have entered painfully woke now.

Posts: 4698 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Not sure I can make it through three more episodes. Disappointed that Oliphant signed on to this. Wonder what Walter Goggins is thinking? Maybe he didn't sign on because he read the script.

Maybe he signed on to kick start his daughter's acting career. She's okay but no award winner at this point. Could be the scrip, directing. Time will tell.

And what's this about the protagonists suddenly having a young girl in tow that doesn't listen and hinders the mission. It's really annoying to me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I guess Raylan will be bedding down Oprah next.
WTF!
We have entered painfully woke now.

Yeah.... I was a little disgusted by that.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
The only reason I will continue watching is to honor the old Justified. This has been painful to watch so far. I won't be buying the DVD of this season.

Posts: 6738 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only reason I’m still watching is because I started. It is so terrible.

Dream Big, Work Hard

Posts: 13 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: September 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's interesting that if you read the reviews by professional reviewers, the critics, they are generally positive. The opposite seems true for fans of the original series.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It is horrible.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I really didn't take Raylan's "How was it for you?" as insecurity or whatever. I took it as him being (as usual) kinda smart alecky, along with the "So, don't tell the kids at school?" comment after she got all legally.

As far as the quality of the gal, I humbly submit I have known/suspected some women who while not exactly stunning looking, were (or I thought might be) absolute freaks in the sheets. Perhaps that was her appeal to him.

I do agree, it's not Justified, but it is Raylan. I'm looking forward to when shit hits the fan. I just hope his gun handling skills haven't gotten as gray as his hair.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16230 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post