SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Justified City Primeval
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified City Primeval Login/Join 
posted
Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again. Just watched the first two episodes and so far, Raylan hasn't shot anyone.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/3080084884/p/1

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I looked first. Couldn't find anything current. So, did you watch it?

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Recorded it, prefer to watch sans commercials and to pause when I need to get up for bio breaks.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
So far, so good! I like it!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10268 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fence after the first 2 episodes. Not sure I like how the story is being told, its like they are in to big a hurry to develop the characters. Also not liking the daughter; she doesn't have much screen presence and its like the writers don't know what to do with her.

Posts: 274 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first two episodes... and yes... Raylan has not shot anyone.... my only concern is too many of the characters are just not likable... not just the bad guys and girls but the semi good ones....

Now I will say they got me, and I will have to keep watching because of the ending in episode 2 when after beating on the absolutely evil dude Raylan tells him "If I see you near my daughter again I will kill you." We know how that is going to end.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The court part was almost too painful for me. And then Detroit officers went to Armada.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This new bad guy is no Boyd Crowder.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Boyd was a bad guy that you sometimes liked. He had a certain but flexible moral code........and He and Raylen dug coal together.

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'm not a prude, but don't care for the cursing. Isn't necessary and didn't need it in the original series.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aint that the truth... I hope when Raylan drops him it is permanent.

I'm having a problem with his daughter being blond...not that I'm totally up on my genetics but Winona was a red head if I recall correctly . Maybe Ava is her mother... if so Raylan is in serious trouble.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know the daughter is his real life daughter

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I didn’t know the daughter is his real life daughter

You failed to read Smile the credits.

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:

Boyd was a bad guy that you sometimes liked. He had a certain but flexible moral code........and He and Raylen dug coal together.

Crowder by Goggins is one of my all time great favorite TV villains. "I've been called a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of 'em."

I enjoyed watching him be a bad guy almost as much as I enjoyed Raylan chasing him. Not killing him in the premiere was a stroke of absolute genius.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Actually he did kill him in the premier but the test audience liked him so much they had to revive him.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
There's an interesting video on YouTube of Oliphant talking to Conan O'brien about filming the new movie. Though set in Detroit, at least some fiming was done in Chicago. The crew is shooting a night scene in a not so safe Chicago neighborhood. What could go wrong there, right? While shooting the scene, they get caught up in a real life gang shootout.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I know this is off subject....

Chicago: Last summer I was re-reading a John D McDonald, Travis McGee, book and in it Travis had to go to Chicago and he talked about the 'south' side and how no one in their right mind would go there because of how dangerous it was.... and this book was written in the 60's.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I like it so far. Boyd Holbrook is a great bad guy.

Hated that they ran the first 2 episodes back-to-back. Kept us up to 12:30, hahaha.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6142 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I'm finishing up the first episode and so far I'm not caring for it too much. It's nothing like the old show.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post