SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED** Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Dang! I kinda liked that guy. I really hate to see that turned out the way it did. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Nacho?

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
That last phone call to dad was, I think, the nail. Dad wanted good for him, he wanted dad protected.

What's the take on the guy who shaved his beard off??

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
That last phone call to dad was, I think, the nail. Dad wanted good for him, he wanted dad protected.

What's the take on the guy who shaved his beard off??
I believe he was sacrificed to take the place of “Lalo’s” dead body from the ambush. There had to be a body and he was it. Burned up, wasn’t he?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just watched my DVR recording of it.

Nacho was a scumbag drug dealer.

But a very sympathetic character, which is not unusual in the gangster genre. It was a sad end to his character, he did not make it to Canada after all.

His death reminds me of Frank Pentangeli in Godfather II. He took one for the people he worked for, and for the family left over to be taken care of.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Nacho?

How about his BHP? That is one awesome gun.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Huh...I have the puzzle pieces, but can't put them together...

Episode 5, "Black and Blue": What in the hell does Lalo need with the lead German digger's wife?? How would he have even known who the guys were that were working for Gus digging the meth facility under the laundromat??? Would be interesting to know what the sticker says that is on the bottom side of the slide rule encased in resin.

After next week's episode is the mid-season break...

posted Hide Post
Not for sure. Lalo is one cagey guy. I bet he is off to see the other men who worked in the dig.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Episode 5, "Black and Blue": What in the hell does Lalo need with the lead German digger's wife?? How would he have even known who the guys were that were working for Gus digging the meth facility under the laundromat??? Would be interesting to know what the sticker says that is on the bottom side of the slide rule encased in resin.

These ^^^ out of the Blue storylines is what makes this and BB such a classic. It will all eventually come together in some epic event. And I agree, how did he find her? For what purpose? It didn't gel but it will!!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Sticker underneath is the company that encased and engraved the slide rule.

What better way to find out the names of the persons involved in the design and construction of the meth lab than starting with the one who contracted to do the job and work backwards from there?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not for sure. Lalo is one cagey guy. I bet he is off to see the other men who worked in the dig.

^^^^^^^^^^
I nailed that one. Nice to see Lalo take one for the team!

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
**SPOILER Below (sort of)**

Well now we know why we never see Howard in BB. I still think Kim eventually (once they get a hold of the vets' little black book) gets herself disappeared by the vacuum cleaner guy.

Now we wait for The last half of the season which starts 11 July.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

Well now we know why we never see Howard in BB. I still think Kim eventually (once they get a hold of the vets' little black book) gets herself disappeared by the vacuum cleaner guy.

I have some thoughts about this, but will hold off for a while.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

Now we wait for The last half of the season which starts 11 July.

No I don't think vacuum cleaner for Kim. She's too daring, up for a challenge, she's learned from Jimmy to be conniving. I think Kim and Lalo have destiny together?? Just saying...

Is Lalo setting Jimmy up to get Mike over? Did Lalo figure out the Desert shoot out, finding his car.etc..

Cant Wait. What a ride it's been.

NRA Life Member

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The teaser when the house is getting emptied out, all I saw were what appeared to be Jimmy’s personal effects being removed or did I miss anything of Kim’s being taken out too?

Does Kim run off with Lalo? I think Kim craves money and power, that’s one way to get it. She recognizes Jimmy’s in over his head and can only go so far, he’s a low level player. But with Lalo, who knows how far she can go?

Jimmy goes off the deep end, gets leaned on by the Feds or the cartel? Decides to break clean and go off the radar? How do we know Vacuum Cleaner guy didn’t set Jimmy up in the mall scene and preparing to start blackmailing him? New identity #2 was going to be double the original price.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Last night redeemed this series for me. I've been a vocal critic of BCS for a variety of reasons, I'm now anxious to see it play out.

Halfway through the last show, I told my wife how much I resented BCS. I was in awe of Breaking Bad, a show that was filled with characters I didn't like, played by actors I didn't like. But they had caught lightning in a bottle, the show worked so well!

As such, BCS has seemed so much more forced. But last night Jimmy and Kim have been made to face who they truly are, try as they might, they'll not escape that. They can spout their platitudes, equivocations and perceived good intentions, they can't really hide now. I say good, I'm on for the ride to the end.

***spoiler for shovelhead***

Gotta be careful looking at YouTube, one suggested vid for me highlighted Kim's golden toilet.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
The teaser when the house is getting emptied out, all I saw were what appeared to be Jimmy’s personal effects being removed or did I miss anything of Kim’s being taken out too?

Does Kim run off with Lalo? I think Kim craves money and power, that’s one way to get it. She recognizes Jimmy’s in over his head and can only go so far, he’s a low level player. But with Lalo, who knows how far she can go?

Jimmy goes off the deep end, gets leaned on by the Feds or the cartel? Decides to break clean and go off the radar? How do we know Vacuum Cleaner guy didn’t set Jimmy up in the mall scene and preparing to start blackmailing him? New identity #2 was going to be double the original price.

Time lines with BCS and BB tell a lot. Kim and Lalo aren't players in BB. Yet Jimmy has a going practice in his shit-hole strip mall location and is a big player in the end game of BB. We know Walter and Jessie work in the lab after completion, and at that time Chicken man is pretty secure, well as secure as a major player in the drug trade interacting with the Mexican bad guys can be. What a show.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt it. Lalo is a stone cold sociopath and Kim could care less about money. She did not appear excited after Howard was killed. More like repulsed. Lalo himself goes for the stripper type.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
How do we know Vacuum Cleaner guy didn’t set Jimmy up in the mall scene and preparing to start blackmailing him? New identity #2 was going to be double the original price.
That's highly unlikely. He could have done it to Walt and didn't. Walt is higher on the wanted list and probably had more money to extort. He has shown to be a stand up guy, making at least one return trip all the way to NH to resupply Walt.

Sadly, since Robert Forster has passed, all we are likely to see is an old red Previa pulling up to get Kim.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Early in this season I was convinced that Kim would die at some point in this final season, well before the Breaking Bad timeline overlaps.

The BCS people have already said that Walt and Jessie will reprise their roles before this season is over. Jesse already knew who Saul was when he drove Walt there. I have to think if Kim were killed, Saul would not have been able to be so happy go lucky/flippant in his first scenes in BB.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post