SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED** Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK! So much for Howard!! Problem solved! CLASSIC definition of "wrong place at the wrong time". As for Saul and Kim, I'd say Mike still has a security team watching their apartment that will save the day. We'll see 11-JUL, eh??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11043 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Kim will be relocated to the town where Saul & the Cinnabon is?

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:

No I don't think vacuum cleaner for Kim. She's too daring, up for a challenge, she's learned from Jimmy to be conniving.

Kim grew up with a con mother, highlighted by the shoplifting flashback at the start of the previous episode. She is no stranger to the grifter life.

Lalo is a smart mofo. Very intelligent character.
Great series.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
As for Saul and Kim, I'd say Mike still has a security team watching their apartment that will save the day. We'll see 11-JUL, eh??

I don't think so. Earlier, Mike confirmed that he had pulled everybody off everywhere else but Gus' house. 'The trap is set'. Remember?

Saul and Kim are on their own with Lalo this time.

They have established that Lalo is smart. Likely he will want Kim to be his lawyer also and that may provide Kim a reason to disappear and Saul with a reason to want her to.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Does Kim run off with Lalo? I think Kim craves money and power, that’s one way to get it. She recognizes Jimmy’s in over his head and can only go so far, he’s a low level player. But with Lalo, who knows how far she can go?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt it. Lalo is a stone cold sociopath and Kim could care less about money. She did not appear excited after Howard was killed. More like repulsed. Lalo himself goes for the stripper type.

Kim does not crave money and power. She craves the rush of taking huge risks and getting away with it. It's interesting that Jimmy is the one putting the brakes on Kim's desire for the rush, while she keeps putting the pedal to the metal.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"Lolo Lives!"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well around six weeks until BCS returns.

I’m watching all the earlier episodes over again, a few things I missed or forgot.

I still think Kim gets tied up with Lalo, maybe personal, maybe business, maybe both. And to Lalo preferring stripper types, maybe true. Who’s to say that he is not in an open albeit one sided open relationship with as one of the players?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
BCS is back! If you've not yet seen episode 8, strap yourself in an enjoy. For fans of BCS & BB, I suspect the final episodes are going to be the ride of a lifetime.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"go about your day as if none of this ever happened"

yeah, right.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, that was the best episode of the series.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
IMHO, that was the best episode of the series.

I’m with you on that one!

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I feel so bad for Howard. This is a guy who gave Jimmy multiple chances and paid off Kim's law school loans.

Thanks to Kim and Jimmy Howard ends up with his reputation in tatters, unjustly remembered forever as a suicidal junkie. I don't think he had children, but still. The shots of his corpse lying next to Lalo in that hole are unforgettable.

Posts: 1264 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
I feel so bad for Howard. This is a guy who gave Jimmy multiple chances and paid off Kim's law school loans.

Thanks to Kim and Jimmy Howard ends up with his reputation in tatters, unjustly remembered forever as a suicidal junkie. I don't think he had children, but still. The shots of his corpse lying next to Lalo in that hole are unforgettable.

Howard didn't deserve what he got, but he wasn't the best of guys, either.

As William Munny said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Howard didn't deserve what he got, but he wasn't the best of guys, either.

As William Munny said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Not the best of guys? Howard was basically a marginally talented hanger-on, dad and Chuck paid the freight, not a monster. In a cosmic sense, it should all be about "deserves", sadly yeah, it's not. But we the home viewers kinda get to make that call and choose our sides, no?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8306 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Howard was an irksome character we came to know, understand or possibly even began to admire. While shocking, the timing of his murder was a well placed metaphor for the collateral damage associated with the illegal drug trade. The striking contrast between Lalo and Howard, who were so unceremoniously entombed in the same grave beneath the super-lab, was brilliant screen writing. Even Mike insisted Howard's body be treated with as much respect as the situation permitted.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Did the new/final episodes start??? I looked on my AMC app and don't see anything past the mid-season "finale".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11043 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes Elvis has left the building. New episodes began in early July.

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks, hjs157, good thoughts.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8306 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
BCS is back! If you've not yet seen episode 8, strap yourself in an enjoy. For fans of BCS & BB, I suspect the final episodes are going to be the ride of a lifetime.

My takeaway? Do not eff around with Gus Fring. He is systematically dismantling his enemies with poise. Gus burying a Salamanca beneath the lab was brilliant writing.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
After this last episode, I think the only loose end is Kim Wexler........

Does Kim lose her will (and disappear) now that she has been immersed in murderous plots?

Does she move away and have a normal practice?

We will find out

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post