SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED** Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
After this last episode, I think the only loose end is Kim Wexler........

Does Kim lose her will (and disappear) now that she has been immersed in murderous plots?

Does she move away and have a normal practice?

We will find out

Kim grew up in Red Cloud, NE which is about three hours from Omaha - the future home of "Gene Takavic". Just a stray thought.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
After this last episode, I think the only loose end is Kim Wexler........

Does Kim lose her will (and disappear) now that she has been immersed in murderous plots?

Does she move away and have a normal practice?

We will find out

Kim grew up in Red Cloud, NE which is about three hours from Omaha - the future home of "Gene Takavic". Just a stray thought.

I think all of this is the allure of the series. The connection between BCS an BBS, the development of Saul who we know from latter episodes of BB GTFO with an identify change. Excellent writing. Not perfect in every episode, still pretty damn good. I still thing they are leaving things open for a post BBS series that takes Saul on his next journey.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted May 24, 2022 09:43 AM Hide Post
The teaser when the house is getting emptied out, all I saw were what appeared to be Jimmy’s personal effects being removed or did I miss anything of Kim’s being taken out too

Well at least I called that part right! Didn’t figure she would exit this quickly though.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wow...Kim sure had an epiphany!!! She's a brilliant woman/lawyer, but that WAS surprising. I thought Howard's death would be staged a suicide by gunshot. Guess they went the other way...no body. His "disposal" was really sad, though.

Kinda weird how the show had Saul's life jump so far ahead after Kim made her announcement. I'm sure the last 4 episodes will fill in the blanks...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do we know when Jimmy/Saul was/is/will be working at the Cinabon? Is that before the events of the series?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention and I should know, but I don't.

As for Kim, I thought her death would be the thing that pushed Jimmy over the edge and fully into the Saul personality that we saw in Breaking Bad. I suppose Kim isn't out of the woods yet, but maybe she'll survive.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
As she broke things off, Kim kept mentioning how much "fun" they had with their self-righteous cruelty. As such, I wish them the worst but I'm guessing they are both survivors, extra baggage notwithstanding.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8308 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Do we know when Jimmy/Saul was/is/will be working at the Cinabon? Is that before the events of the series?

Good question, now that I think about it I don't know for sure but I think it is after latter series.

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for Kim, I thought her death would be the thing that pushed Jimmy over the edge and fully into the Saul personality that we saw in Breaking Bad. I suppose Kim isn't out of the woods yet, but maybe she'll survive.

I believe Jimmy/Saul was working at the Cinabon after being relocated as a result of his association with Walter White/Heisenberg. He looks much older than Jimmy/Saul did during the other (earlier) portrayals on Better Call Saul.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

I believe Jimmy/Saul was working at the Cinabon after being relocated as a result of his association with Walter White/Heisenberg. He looks much older than Jimmy/Saul did during the other (earlier) portrayals on Better Call Saul.

This seems logical, and he does look older.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Late in the final season of BB, Ed Galbraith (Robert Forster) "The Extractor" coordinates Saul's relocation to Nebraska to avoid arrest and prosecution by the DEA. In a flash-forward sequence at the beginning of the BCS premiere episode, we learn Saul is ultimately residing in Omaha under the assumed identity of Gene Takavic, a Cinnabon manager. This was foreshadowed in an earlier statement made by Saul to Walther White while describing the dire nature of his situation: "If I'm lucky, a month from now, best case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
coffee cup upgraded to "world's Greatest Lawyer"

his older cup said "second greatest...."

two lawyers had to die and one had to resign from the BAR for him to claim that title Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Well at least I called that part right! Didn’t figure she would exit this quickly though.
I don't believe Kim did either. It happened after they spoke to Howard's widow at the HHM building. The widow, who I would have thought was happy to have the house and all of Howard's money and stuff without having to share, was acting like the cunt that she is and attacking Saul. Kim shut her down by relating an unverifiable late night office encounter with Howard 'snorting something'. She knew Cliff Main had seen both the baggie of white powder at the country club locker room and Howards car (Namaste) screech to a halt and kick out a hooker before speeding off. When the widow looked at him, Cliff didn't have to say a word, his face said it all and the widow ran away.

That is when Kim realized that together, She and Jimmy were 'poison' to everyone they contacted. That's why she left, and she didn't know that for sure till that scene with the widow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7229 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I don't believe Kim did either. It happened after they spoke to Howard's widow at the HHM building. The widow, who I would have thought was happy to have the house and all of Howard's money and stuff without having to share, was acting like the cunt that she is and attacking Saul. Kim shut her down by relating an unverifiable late night office encounter with Howard 'snorting something'. She knew Cliff Main had seen both the baggie of white powder at the country club locker room and Howards car (Namaste) screech to a halt and kick out a hooker before speeding off. When the widow looked at him, Cliff didn't have to say a word, his face said it all and the widow ran away.

That is when Kim realized that together, She and Jimmy were 'poison' to everyone they contacted. That's why she left, and she didn't know that for sure till that scene with the widow.

I'm glad to see her exit that way rather than a 9mm to the forehead.

The BB interaction is just around the corner.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very good explanation. Kinda what I was thinking...the encounter with Howard's widow opened her eyes.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't believe Kim did either. It happened after they spoke to Howard's widow at the HHM building. The widow, who I would have thought was happy to have the house and all of Howard's money and stuff without having to share, was acting like the c*** that she is and attacking Saul. Kim shut her down by relating an unverifiable late night office encounter with Howard 'snorting something'. She knew Cliff Main had seen both the baggie of white powder at the country club locker room and Howards car (Namaste) screech to a halt and kick out a hooker before speeding off. When the widow looked at him, Cliff didn't have to say a word, his face said it all and the widow ran away.

Very good explanation. Kinda what I was thinking...the encounter with Howard's widow opened her eyes.

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
My money is Kim taking a vacuum cleaner ride. It was cryptic in the Vet's office and his Black book....Time will tell...Kim walking off in the sunset is NOT what characters in BB or BCS do. Im just saying

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1367 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The portrayal of Howard's wife is where this show fails for me. The status of her marriage notwithstanding, she knew the man and wasn't buying the story. Understandable she'd be worked up.

She isn't the only obvious character created just to justify our genius duos' unleashing a dose of righteousness on them. Not unlike Hot Lips and Frank Burns from MASH, fish in a barrel for the viewers' amusement.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8308 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

His new identity as Gene at Cinnabon is definitely post- Breaking Bad, after the vacuum cleaner man sells him a new life. At the start of the BCS series, we see Gene sitting in his apartment crying while he watches old VHS tapes of Saul Goodman commercials. Later in the series after Gene goes to the hospital, he is recognized as Saul Goodman by the taxi driver who used to live in Albuquerque, forcing Gene to call the vacuum cleaner guy. I remember this has yet to be resolved in the series so far.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

His new identity as Gene at Cinnabon is definitely post- Breaking Bad, after the vacuum cleaner man sells him a new life. At the start of the BCS series, we see Gene sitting in his apartment crying while he watches old VHS tapes of Saul Goodman commercials. Later in the series after Gene goes to the hospital, he is recognized as Saul Goodman by the taxi driver who used to live in Albuquerque, forcing Gene to call the vacuum cleaner guy. I remember this has yet to be resolved in the series so far.

That is the open door for a continuance should they decide to do that. I've got mix feelings on that. While I've really enjoyed the BB/BCS adventure and I'll miss it, somethings are best left to find a permanent end, like Jesse, driving off into the sunset...well Alaska where he probably became a bush pilot and found some hot chick to snuggle with.

-D.H. Lawrence