SIGforum
The Old Man starts tonight

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9380057294

June 16, 2022, 03:03 PM
NOCkid
The Old Man starts tonight
On FX at 10:00 EDT. Jeff Bridges stars as a former CIA operative. We'll see if he can pull off this action oriented character at age 72. It will certainly be a departure from The Dude.
June 16, 2022, 03:39 PM
Flash-LB
channel 248 DirecTV 7PM MT
June 16, 2022, 10:48 PM
Ripley
We've watched half of episode one and I'm impressed. Slick and stylish, a quality production so far. I see potential political rails to run off, I hope not.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
June 17, 2022, 05:18 AM
Blume9mm
wife saw it in the paper and thought I might be interested... looked at the guide on Direct TV and it did not show... did a search and it did not show up as scheduled yet.... so it seems I missed it...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
June 17, 2022, 07:28 AM
NOCkid
It can be streamed on Hulu also.
June 17, 2022, 08:40 PM
BigSwede
Holee Cow is this good, only 3/4 the way in to the first episode

Aus!

Watched via Hulu

June 17, 2022, 10:49 PM
YooperSigs
Do you recognize me now?
Pretty good so far. The Rotts are good, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 18, 2022, 08:37 AM
Jim Shugart
I watched the pilot last night and it looks like fun. They'd better not hurt those pooches.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
June 18, 2022, 10:23 AM
Dwill104
So, is this like “Red” or John Wick?
June 18, 2022, 10:59 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
wife saw it in the paper and thought I might be interested... looked at the guide on Direct TV and it did not show... did a search and it did not show up as scheduled yet.... so it seems I missed it...

It was on DirecTV channel 248 at 10PM Eastern time on the 16th. I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.
June 18, 2022, 11:09 AM
Tn226
We watched it last night (recorded) and both enjoyed. It's nice to see an old guy kicking the crap out the young a-holes.
June 18, 2022, 11:14 AM
mcrimm
We enjoyed it. I've liked everything Bridges has done.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
June 18, 2022, 12:11 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

It's on tonight on DirecTV 8PM MT Channel 248
June 18, 2022, 05:17 PM
6guns
I'm confused. You can't just stream this? Have to watch it at a particular time?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
June 18, 2022, 05:29 PM
mrapteam666
Ever since I saw the commercial/preview I was hyped for the start date.

On Thursday night, I had my lunch packed, coffee and some dessert ready for the start time.

Everything was going smoothly until I realized I picked the one freaking hotel that did not have the FX channel...

Thanks Fairfield Suites/Marriot...
June 18, 2022, 06:12 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm confused. You can't just stream this? Have to watch it at a particular time?

It’s also on Hulu, if you don’t get FX on cable or elsewhere. Even though I still have cable, I never watch anything in real time. That’s what DVRs are for.
June 18, 2022, 11:21 PM
smschulz
Loving it.
Just finished ep 1.
June 19, 2022, 07:40 AM
Flash-LB
I had recorded the first episode and watched it last night.

I've got to say I'm very disappointed in it. It had potential, but I didn't see it.

And the restaurant scene? They go in, the waiter pours them some water, never asks for a drink order, never asks for a dinner order, then asks if they're ready for their food or whatever he said. No attention to detail.
June 19, 2022, 08:30 AM
phil in indy
Wife and I couldn't understand when he released the dogs from the truck why the hell he didn't recall them before he did.
June 19, 2022, 08:39 AM
rtquig
I'm wondering if his daughter is dead, or did he do a good job hiding her? And, was his wife the wife/daughter of the tribal leader that is after him?

Living the Dream