SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Picard is back...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard is back... Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Have they explained why Q decided that the crew of the Normandy is the crew best suited to help Picard or is he just being an asshole?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Have they explained why Q decided that the crew of the Normandy is the crew best suited to help Picard or is he just being an asshole?

Being an asshole is kind of Q’s thing. Not sure about the reference to the Normandy, though. Don’t remember that name being used. There was the (new) Stargazer, Raffi was on the Excelsior, and presumably Rios’ ship (now 7 of 9’s ship) is still the La Sirena.

In any case, why did Q decide to get the first season crew together to help Picard? Because it’s a TV show. Same TV reason that everyone gets together at the same time in the same place at the anomaly, or gets together on alternate Earth at exactly the right time.

Did enjoy Picard going full fascist, though.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The Normandy was the ship used in the Mass Effect games that got retextured for the “La Sirena.”

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well isn't this precious?

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...-immigrants-1223807/

Star Trek un-boldly goes ‘woke,’ with crew attacking ICE agents, freeing bus of illegal immigrants
April 10, 2022

Recent episodes of the Paramount+ series “Star Trek: Picard” contain extreme anti-American propaganda, including attacks on the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance, attacks on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and attacks on America as a whole.

It appears that, for all intents and purposes, “Star Trek” has chosen to un-boldly go where every establishment entity has gone before, which is to say it’s gone “woke.”

2:39 / 50:24
The anti-American propaganda begins in episode four of season two, when the crew of “The Watcher” travel to 2024 to save humanity, according to NewsBusters.

Save humanity from what — racial essentialism, radical transgender ideology, authoritarian political leaders, pseudohistory, pseudoscience? It’s not clear.

While in 2024, Capt. Cristobal Rios, a Hispanic man, becomes separated from the crew and sustains an injury. Because of his lack of contemporary identification (he’s from the future, after all), he’s sent to a medical facility for illegal aliens. While he receives treatment, ICE agents raid the facility.

“Caught up in an ICE raid on the clinic, Rios is detained and brought to a detention facility to await processing and deportation,” according to NewsBusters.

Meanwhile, fellow crewmates Seven of Nine and Raffi Musiker manage to track Rios’ movements to the medical facility, where a nurse proceeds to smear ICE.

“Yeah, he was here. The doctor patched him up before ICE officers raided us. … You know, those *ssholes. But your friend, I hope you find him soon before ICE makes sure you never do,” the nurse says.

And so the show smears ICE agents as “*ssholes” and suggests ICE does something sinister to detained illegal aliens. In real life, these allegedly sinister actions include feeding, clothing, housing and even teaching them.

The crewmates then head to a nearby police station and confront an officer, telling her, “You can’t just kidnap people!”

A man sitting in the lobby overhears them and pulls them aside to warn them that they must find Capt. Rio before “he’s transferred, gone, no trial, no paper trail.”

FYI, in the real world, the only illegal aliens who disappear are those who abscond from justice by purposefully skipping their immigration hearings so that they may quietly melt away into the U.S. population.

The episode abruptly pivots to showing Capt. Rios inside an ICE detention facility, where upon seeing a sign displaying the Pledge of Allegiance, he accuses ICE of forcing illegal aliens to pledge allegiance to the United States.

“I pledge allegiance to the flag? They make you swear allegiance? That is hard core,” he says.

Rios is then seen confronting an ICE officer.

“What the hell is wrong with you guys? Slap on a badge, put on a uniform, you think you can treat people this way?” he says, after which the officer tases him.

The episode continues by returning to Seven of Nine and Raffi, both of whom are seen accusing ICE of “disappearing” Rios.

Again, in real life illegal aliens receive extraordinarily fair treatment in the United States. In some other countries, they face literal death:

The shoot at sight policy of the BSF against unarmed Bangladeshi civilians must stop. There have been several cases of children being murdered. Torture is rampant too.

The next episode is reportedly even worse.

“In the following episode, Fly Me To the Moon, Seven and Raffi manage to track down the Homeland Security bus that Rios has been placed on. They disable it, prompting Rios, with the help of fellow detainee Pedro, to beat up the ICE agents on board,” according to NewsBusters.

“Raffi, Seven, and Rios then proceed to free the whole bus of illegal immigrants, of course without any knowledge of whether any of them were guilty of violent crimes. Rios even congratulates Pedro on landing a ‘good hit’ on one of the now-unconscious ICE agents.”

The episode also shows the program’s main character, Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, imploring an alien living secretly on Earth to “be patient” because “humankind will change.” In response, the alien, who’s apparently black, launches into a Black Lives Matter-themed, victimhood-drenched rant about so-called privilege.

“You who has the luxury of patience here? Someone who looks like you and not like me. This world had more potential than I had ever imagined. But the hatred here, it never ends, it just swaps clothes. This century, it took off a hood and put on a suit,” the alien says.

In fairness to the show, the character’s rant coincides perfectly with the rantings and ravings of real-life racial activists on the radical far-left.

Nevertheless, these recent episodes suggest that, like virtually every other entity and institution in America, the legendary series “Star Trek” has gone “woke.”

And indeed, a recent episode of the separate show “Star Trek: Discovery” even featured far-left politician Stacey Abrams as the president of “United Earth.”

In real life, Abrams is a failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate who’s used phony cries of victimhood to amass a fortune …

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
“You who has the luxury of patience here? Someone who looks like you and not like me. This world had more potential than I had ever imagined. But the hatred here, it never ends, it just swaps clothes. This century, it took off a hood and put on a suit,” the alien says.

Mild Spoilers:

So, that character that is quoted above is Guinan, who was played in the Next Generation show by whoopie goldberg.

Now, I have always and still do despise goldgerg, but she played the character really well. I like the character, but not the actress. In this version, she is played by a younger black woman. She has been living on Earth for at LEAST 200 years. She met Picard in gold rush San Francisco in the late (or was it early) 1800s (Mark Twain was there, also). But, here she doesn't recognize Picard.

Point is, she is ranting about how 'toxic' the planet is, when SHE LIVED THROUGH SLAVERY AS A BLACK WOMAN. Yeah, we are MUCH worse than we were in 1862. Roll Eyes

I saw the first two episodes for free (I got a free 2 months subscription when I bought my Roku), but I am not going to pay to watch Star Trek. This whole thing does not surprise me - patrick stewart is a massive lib a-hole and the whole show reflects the crappy liberal mindset. I've been following the plot on a facebook Star Trek group.

It's interesting they chose the year 2024. That was the year of the Bell Riots, which took place in San Francisco in Deep Space 9. There, people were locked in 'sanctuary zones,' and fed by the govt and basically living like Escape from New York. There, however, the decent people there (there are quite a few dirtbags, after all), talk that they just want a chance to work and make a living. I'm betting, that IF they show the sanctuaries, they will be a 'free crap' crowd. After all, the blm crowd doesn't WANT to work or take care of their own families.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh FFS Roll Eyes

And here I was considering starting to watch Picard.

Screw that.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes what a waste. Trek has always been lib / woke but this sounds beyond what I can take.

My son loves Trek, but I am not paying for this.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
This is the franchise that brought you space hippies and literally Oreo colored racists in the 60s.

Nothing new to overlook here IMO, but suit yourselves.

At least they're still OK with objectifying cleavage, so all is not lost.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I knew that I hated Picard, I just could not effectively articulate as to ‘why’.

This guy got that part covered for me…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only got thru the second episode of season 2 before I tapped out. Didn’t get to the woke stuff, but just stopped watching because it was stupid. Never like the “time-travel-to-the-present-day” stuff. Shows that do that are usually 1) trying to save money, and 2) using it to make social political commentary. Pass.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always hated the travel to the past/present episodes of any sci-fi series. If they go to the past and are nearly eaten by dinosaurs, I'm ok with that. But to be lectured about societies lack of wokeness? Yeah, that'll be a classic episode.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Picard has gone to such shit that they advertised this on First Contact Day (the same day the excellent Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director's Edition came out in 4K that you should watch) while Picard is in the middle of Season 2. Who the fuck advertises the next season while their current shitty one is going on?

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
"Look, we're giving you what you want. We're getting the whole crew back together! Don't cancel your subscription. Please..." Roll Eyes

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The whole crew back together? I'll give it a go. But, I don't subscribe. I just wait for the DVD.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s a shame there is a season 2

Picard should have died in his sleep in season 1

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I don't care if they bring the 'whole crew' back. It smacks of desperation at this point. This show has jumped the shark so hard there is no coming back.

I think this whole 'reuniting the TNG crew' thing is just a propaganda scheme to convince us nerds to keep watching the show.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt it'll be the "whole crew gets together again" scenario we kinda wish would happen. Instead, it'll be Picard bumbling about trying to solve some other problem and going to each other member of the Enterprise crew in order to help him at various stages of his investigation. At this point, they've either retired from service or have been assigned to posts or commands of their own. It would be silly for all of them to suddenly come together as a crew and fly off on some adventure together.

Getting back to this season, last week was a total shit show. Absolute garbage. If they hadn't done the season 3 announcement, I would honestly believe this series wouldn't be renewed just based on the poor writing of the last episode. I actually fell asleep halfway through and I was watching it at 5 in the afternoon!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I seriously doubt it'll be the "whole crew gets together again" scenario we kinda wish would happen. Instead, it'll be Picard bumbling about trying to solve some other problem and going to each other member of the Enterprise crew in order to help him at various stages of his investigation. At this point, they've either retired from service or have been assigned to posts or commands of their own. It would be silly for all of them to suddenly come together as a crew and fly off on some adventure together.
Exactly. They already did that in "All Good Things..." I bet you at least one of them will be in an old folks home with dementia, but somehow gets jolted back with memories by Picard and joins him. "Captain... It's really YOU!" Roll Eyes No, it's not really him.

Besides, I cannot stand Lavar Burton anymore with all his woke activism.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Is there a cause for hope?

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Allegedly, most of the Bad Robot alumni have moved on to other projects for this final season, and the new show runner basically fired nearly everyone, to get back to "real" ST. I won't watch, but for the masochists still watching,the new season may not be completely unwatchable.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post