SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yep! Same here!

quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I’ve been looking forward to this movie for years. If they actually release it next summer and don’t delay it again, it will already be delayed 3 years. I’m over it and won’t go see it in the theater or pay the early streaming rates. I’ve waited this long, I can wait another 3 months and rent it for $3.99 on Amazon.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am with R0gue. When I was forced to buy a 4k 70" with my stimulus money (hehe see what I did there), I decided I was pretty much done with the theater.

I have a decent Denon head unit and Klipsch surround package and I will just wait on the 4k disc and not have some dumb idiot sitting behind me telling his mom about how much he loved the first movie and commenting how "thats not a real plane" and "mav' should already be retired" the whole fricking movie.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3570 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saw the updated trailer in the theater last night. This has to have been by design, but with the music and imagery, it was essentially a scene-by-scene copy of the original.

I don’t care.

At 52 years old, nostalgia will have my butt in seat on opening night. I want to be in the crowd feeling the joy and enthusiasm with other fans.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Samey same...

After one of the worst theater experiences in recent memory to see new Dune...highly unlikely I'll go to a theater to watch this. Have a very good home theater that I upgraded last year with Klipsch speakers and a big new Sony OLED TV.

quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am with R0gue. When I was forced to buy a 4k 70" with my stimulus money (hehe see what I did there), I decided I was pretty much done with the theater.

I have a decent Denon head unit and Klipsch surround package and I will just wait on the 4k disc and not have some dumb idiot sitting behind me telling his mom about how much he loved the first movie and commenting how "thats not a real plane" and "mav' should already be retired" the whole fricking movie.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And while I try not to let movie actors' personal lives and beliefs contaminate my enjoyment of their films, I just can't look at Cruise without thinking that he is a loon and an active member of a dangerous cult.

my thoughts also -- so count me out.

they should have done this 20 years ago anyway -- would have made a lot more sense. say he was late 20s in the mid 80s. that would make him mid 60s now. no way.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
By the time this thing gets released we are all going to be looking at the aircraft in it like they are Biplanes. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
By the time this thing gets released we are all going to be looking at the aircraft in it like they are Biplanes. Smile

That's awesome or that Tom Cruise ascends with the aliens.

Posts: 192 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Samey same...

After one of the worst theater experiences in recent memory to see new Dune...highly unlikely I'll go to a theater to watch this. Have a very good home theater that I upgraded last year with Klipsch speakers and a big new Sony OLED TV.

quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

The 4k blu ray release will be Dolby Cinema (Dolby Atmos + Dolby Vision) and a reference disc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
still looking like May 27, 2022 for release.

less than 3 months.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Did they really remove the Taiwan patch from Mavericks jacket?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Did they really remove the Taiwan patch from Mavericks jacket?!?!

LOL - that shows you how long we’ve been waiting for this movie to air. That was literally ‘years’ ago!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
strange, I always thought of Cannes as being more Indie and offbeat. I guess I was wrong. Maybe now we know why May 27 was chosen as a release date.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022...k-cannes-1234708027/

‘Top Gun: Maverick’ to Screen at 2022 Cannes Film Festival

As the 2022 Cannes Film Festival approaches, rumors about the lineup have begun to run rampant. While the full selection of films will be released in April, Hollywood has begun speculating about whether high-profile films including Baz Luhrman’s “Elvis” and George Miller’s “Three Thousand Years of Longing” will debut at the iconic festival.

Today, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that “Top Gun: Maverick” will screen at the festival, likely playing out of competition. While the screening is unlikely to mark the film’s world premiere, it represents a major win for Cannes, adding some serious starpower to the 75th edition of the festival. This will be the first time in three decades that a Tom Cruise movie has played at Cannes. His last appearance on the festival’s lineup was Ron Howard’s “Far and Away” in 1992.

“Top Gun: Maverick” has been the subject of Cannes attention for quite some time now, with the festival originally seeking to screen the film in 2020 before COVID-19 caused Paramount to delay its release by two years. The sequel was originally on Paramount’s summer 2020 slate before being moved to July 2021, then November 2021, and finally to its current release date in May 2022.

“Top Gun: Maverick” was directed by Joseph Kosinski (“Only the Brave”). In addition to Cruise, it stars Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, and Val Kilmer. The film picks up 30 years after the events of the original “Top Gun,” with Cruise’s Pete “Maverick” Mitchell now working at the prestigious United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program that he attended in the original film. He is forced to navigate the increasingly complex world of drone warfare as he mentors a new generation of Navy pilots.

The 2022 Cannes Film Festival runs from May 17 through May 28. Paramount Pictures is set to release “Top Gun: Maverick” in theaters on May 27.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So it’s a remake with Tom Cruise but will be more PC and woke and they’ve already kissed China’s ass?

Can’t wait to see it…NOT Roll Eyes

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opens May 27 at a theater near you.

Newest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXco2jaZ_4

Article that contains spoilers:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-w...tween-f-14-and-su-57

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So the Russkies are the new(old) bad guys once again? Big Grin

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

IIRC, the movie was filmed back in 2018 or 2019. How did they know????

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

IIRC, the movie was filmed back in 2018 or 2019. How did they know????

Well as we all know, the Chicoms are strictly off limits as the bad guys. Russians are pretty reliable bad guys going back to the 80's and 90's when it was the South Africans, the East Germans and the Russkies with your occasional rogue West German (I'm looking at YOU, Hans Gruber!) Big Grin

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Ward Carroll did a video on the new trailer and he had potential details/spoilers of the plot. If he's accurate, I'll be less than enthusiastic about the movie. I won't give any details, but it's out there if you look. YouTube.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post