SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Why isn't Tom Cruise aging? My theory is some kind of daywalker vampire thing.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

Big Grin. There was discussion about topic when the last Mission Impossible movie came out. He’s three years older than I am and there’s no way I would be running and jumping from one building to another. Everyone basically agreed he can do it because he’s paid a lot of money to be in great physical shape. He has personal trainers, nutritionist, anything he needs while we’re working 40+ hours a week and get to the gym maybe three times a week for an hour. His job is to be Tom Cruise.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:

Big Grin. There was discussion about topic when the last Mission Impossible movie came out. He’s three years older than I am and there’s no way I would be running and jumping from one building to another. Everyone basically agreed he can do it because he’s paid a lot of money to be in great physical shape. He has personal trainers, nutritionist, anything he needs while we’re working 40+ hours a week and get to the gym maybe three times a week for an hour. His job is to be Tom Cruise.

Cruise will be 60 in July. Besides all of the above, it's not uncommon that similarly aged men of wealth, to be on a regimen of human growth hormone to retain youthful muscle mass and squeeze another decade from the body of a 'in-shape silver fox'.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well he was the Vampire LeStat right?

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The movie debuted today for critics & special guests at CinemaCon. Early reviews are encouraging. The comments that I find most encouraging are the ones that describe the aerial combat cinematography as ground-breaking and thrilling. I will be satisfied as long as it delivers in that regard.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire...fter-cinemacon-debut

Cinemablend critic

Quick thumbs-up review from Ward Carroll, a writer who spent 20 yrs as an F-14 RIO.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Xm6eSLU0uGU?feature=share

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Advance ticket sales began at 12pm EDT today.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to seeing it, but I’m still bitter that John Wick 4 delayed until 2023 because they did not want to come out at the same time as TG2.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
May 27th release so that means the 4k Dolby Cinema disc will be released end of August or first of September at the latest. Looking forward to it. Joseph Kosinski is the director of Maverick. He directed Tron: Legacy and Oblivion. Both of which I own and both are reference discs so the 4k Maverick release is going to be something. I’d pre-order it if I could right now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I bought tickets to opening weekend. Maybe Hollywood hype, but I am really surprised at the number of ‘verified’ Twitter movie reviewers who are saying this is one of the greatest sequels ever made.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I bought tickets to opening weekend. Maybe Hollywood hype, but I am really surprised at the number of ‘verified’ Twitter movie reviewers who are saying this is one of the greatest sequels ever made.

Given the director and Tom, and how much Tom cares about aviation… I think this is going to be completely accurate and justified. I’ve spent way too much time paying attention to this thing for years before the pandemic even. Tom revealed it in 2017, same year Kosinski announced as director. Hans Zimmer (got damn legend, look at his film scores on IMDB, will blow your mind) AND Harold Faltermeyer (Beverly Hills Cop, Fletch, Top Gun original anthem) composed for the film and Gaga did the theme song. If you look at the actors on board, especially Jennifer, Tom nor Joseph is fucking around. If Dune was Denis Villeneuve’s life work/project, this is Tom’s. I think it’s OK to on this deal to get stoked and I say that about little. And I’m a major film buff. They were done filming the thing 3 years ago so it’s long overdue. All this extra time will have given Kosinski a lot of extra time to hone and slice the thing into perfection. He filmed it with/in 6k Sony IMAX certified cameras (full screen). Can’t wait. I’m pre-ordering the 4k Dolby Cinema disc. I’ve never pre-ordered a film/disc in my entire life.

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
One thing that piqued my interest was a quote from Kelly McGillis when asked if she was considered to come back as Charlie; her answer sounded a bit bitter “I’m too old and too fat” (her words) with a comment justifying her current look as age appropriate. (She’s 64 years old compared to Cruise being 59) and that’s not what this movie was looking for. (Again, her words)

That caused me to pause for a moment because she was not in wrong in the movie looking for eye-candy to fill the roles. I expected to find out that Jennifer Connelly (who is going to play his love interest) was mid-thirties or even forties. Turns out Connelly is actually 51 and is going to play Penny benjamin (think about the name for a minute and you’ll remember the scene”

“With a history of blah blah blah and one Admiral’s daughter!”.

Boy I am looking forward to this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
“With a history of blah blah blah and one Admiral’s daughter!”.

blah blah blah = "high speed passes over five air control towers" Wink

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
That caused me to pause for a moment because she was not in wrong in the movie looking for eye-candy to fill the roles. I expected to find out that Jennifer Connelly (who is going to play his love interest) was mid-thirties or even forties. Turns out Connelly is actually 51 and is going to play Penny benjamin (think about the name for a minute and you’ll remember the scene”

She has been my crush for the last 34 years. I saw Some Girls and mind blown. Jennifer has just gotten more beautiful with age. She was always fully clothed in a Beautiful Mind and I still marvel at her in that film. She’s a damn good actress. I’m happy to take her for a ride on my motorcycles anytime. Paul Bethany can be my wingman too!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This just in ….

Navy recruiters share simultaneous orgasm - Air Force recruiters release memo stating that they fly too…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
She has been my crush for the last 34 years. I saw Some Girls and mind blown. Jennifer has just gotten more beautiful with age. She was always fully clothed in a Beautiful Mind and I still marvel at her in that film. She’s a damn good actress. I’m happy to take her for a ride on my motorcycles anytime. Paul Bethany can be my wingman too!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to start another thread, but the second half of this interview talks about some behind the scenes Top Gun stuff, the first movie.

Posts: 11146 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Heater!

His photography can be credited to increasing the F-14's public profile and raising the the image of Navy fighters, along with setting the standard for in-cockpit photography. His book The Cutting Edge I wore out its cover and also bought the paperback, it was my favorite book as a kid.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post