SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
https://www.latimes.com/entert...s-drummer-dies-at-50

He was a great drummer with a great band.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I was just popping into the Lair to post this.

Agreed, on both counts.

Early in the 2020 C-19 lockdown I checked out the Foo Fighter's documentary Sonic Highways from the library, that documents the band's journey and unique writing process for their 20th anniversary album, which gave me a new appreciation for each of the band members' backgrounds and musical influences, as well as their music. I'd highly recommend this documentary for any Foo Fighters fans.

Taylor Hawkins really was a significant part of the band's sound.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've always loved his drumming in this song.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dammit! Such talent away at such a young age. He will be missed.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've always loved his drumming in this song.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="739" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eBG7P-K-r1Y" title="YouTube video player" width="985"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That's actually Dave on the record. Another drummer (William Goldsmith) played a few songs but but Taylor didn't join the band until after that record.

Taylor was on my short list of favorite rock drummers. Seemed like a really great guy, all-around, as well. Very sad day.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a talented drummer and seemingly a down-to-earth and grounded guy.

He will be missed by many.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

That's actually Dave on the record. Another drummer (William Goldsmith) played a few songs but but Taylor didn't join the band until after that record.

Taylor was on my short list of favorite rock drummers. Seemed like a really great guy, all-around, as well. Very sad day.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought this was the case, but wasn't sure.

Yeah, rock lost another great drummer. Obviously this is still hitting the band in the moment, but now we have to wonder what it will mean for their future.

Just sad.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Really, really bummed to hear about this. I couldn’t sleep last night and stumbled on the news. The Foo Fighters were the last concert I went to, been a fan since the beginning.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Really bummed about that.
Was just telling my wife earlier this week that we needed to go see them next time they're in Houston (or nearby in TX).

College roommate & I saw them back in 07 when they came through here. Excellent show.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. Gone way too soon.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Per Foxnews.com, apparently he told hotel staff he has having chest pains, they called EMS, EMS began treatment and took him to the local hospital were, after further attempting resuscitation, the attending physician declared him dead.

Damn shame, he played drums with Grohl-like intensity.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31377 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Really bad news

NewsNation reported earlier that a preliminary tox showed sone drugs but none identified specifically.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the band, but I do have their first two albums.

Seems the man had a boat load of stuff in him according to Columbian officials Link..

And "chest pain"? Perhaps fentanyl chest.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Was wondering what May have caused this. I’d almost hoped for a natural death rather than a chemical monkey cocktail cause of death. Love the band including his awesome contributions.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Oh man, he always reminded me of "Animal" from the Muppets Show band. Such characters shouldn't die. Frown

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants, and benzodiazepines, the statement said."

I think Dave needs to stand up in front of the world and say "no more" and get his band cleaned up. It's all fun and games with sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll, until your friend and bandmate dies of an O.D.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Hawkins

sadly he lived and died as a rock n roll cliche

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
Oh man, he always reminded me of "Animal" from the Muppets Show band. Such characters shouldn't die. Frown

Who was based on Keith Moon.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who was based on Keith Moon.

The ultimate animal!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Frown

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post