SIGforum
Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6740056094

March 25, 2022, 11:54 PM
archerman
Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters
https://www.latimes.com/entert...s-drummer-dies-at-50

He was a great drummer with a great band.

Archerman
March 26, 2022, 12:02 AM
Modern Day Savage
I was just popping into the Lair to post this.

Agreed, on both counts.

Early in the 2020 C-19 lockdown I checked out the Foo Fighter's documentary Sonic Highways from the library, that documents the band's journey and unique writing process for their 20th anniversary album, which gave me a new appreciation for each of the band members' backgrounds and musical influences, as well as their music. I'd highly recommend this documentary for any Foo Fighters fans.

Taylor Hawkins really was a significant part of the band's sound.
March 26, 2022, 12:07 AM
parabellum
I've always loved his drumming in this song.

March 26, 2022, 04:14 AM
10X-Shooter
Dammit! Such talent away at such a young age. He will be missed.
March 26, 2022, 06:53 AM
YellowJacket
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've always loved his drumming in this song.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="739" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eBG7P-K-r1Y" title="YouTube video player" width="985"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That's actually Dave on the record. Another drummer (William Goldsmith) played a few songs but but Taylor didn't join the band until after that record.

Taylor was on my short list of favorite rock drummers. Seemed like a really great guy, all-around, as well. Very sad day.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
March 26, 2022, 07:46 AM
Jimmo952
He was a talented drummer and seemingly a down-to-earth and grounded guy.

He will be missed by many.
March 26, 2022, 09:19 AM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

That's actually Dave on the record. Another drummer (William Goldsmith) played a few songs but but Taylor didn't join the band until after that record.

Taylor was on my short list of favorite rock drummers. Seemed like a really great guy, all-around, as well. Very sad day.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought this was the case, but wasn't sure.

Yeah, rock lost another great drummer. Obviously this is still hitting the band in the moment, but now we have to wonder what it will mean for their future.

Just sad.
March 26, 2022, 10:01 AM
dry-fly
Really, really bummed to hear about this. I couldn’t sleep last night and stumbled on the news. The Foo Fighters were the last concert I went to, been a fan since the beginning.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
March 26, 2022, 10:31 AM
P250UA5
Really bummed about that.
Was just telling my wife earlier this week that we needed to go see them next time they're in Houston (or nearby in TX).

College roommate & I saw them back in 07 when they came through here. Excellent show.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 26, 2022, 01:02 PM
mdblanton
Terrible news. Gone way too soon.
March 26, 2022, 01:22 PM
Sig2340
Per Foxnews.com, apparently he told hotel staff he has having chest pains, they called EMS, EMS began treatment and took him to the local hospital were, after further attempting resuscitation, the attending physician declared him dead.

Damn shame, he played drums with Grohl-like intensity.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
March 26, 2022, 08:27 PM
nhtagmember
Really bad news

NewsNation reported earlier that a preliminary tox showed sone drugs but none identified specifically.
March 26, 2022, 10:08 PM
oddball
Not a fan of the band, but I do have their first two albums.

Seems the man had a boat load of stuff in him according to Columbian officials Link..

And "chest pain"? Perhaps fentanyl chest.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
March 27, 2022, 01:46 AM
10X-Shooter
Was wondering what May have caused this. I’d almost hoped for a natural death rather than a chemical monkey cocktail cause of death. Love the band including his awesome contributions.
March 27, 2022, 04:04 AM
BansheeOne
Oh man, he always reminded me of "Animal" from the Muppets Show band. Such characters shouldn't die. Frown
March 27, 2022, 12:48 PM
Lefty Sig
"Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants, and benzodiazepines, the statement said."

I think Dave needs to stand up in front of the world and say "no more" and get his band cleaned up. It's all fun and games with sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll, until your friend and bandmate dies of an O.D.
March 27, 2022, 01:16 PM
Sig209
RIP Mr. Hawkins

sadly he lived and died as a rock n roll cliche

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
March 27, 2022, 04:20 PM
ChuckFinley
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
Oh man, he always reminded me of "Animal" from the Muppets Show band. Such characters shouldn't die. Frown

Who was based on Keith Moon.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
March 27, 2022, 04:40 PM
6guns
quote:
Who was based on Keith Moon.

The ultimate animal!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
March 27, 2022, 04:44 PM
drabfour
Sad news. Frown