Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man I’m rooting for anyone to beat that fucker Hamilton. He dishonors the name of one of my all time favorite watch manufacturers (one of their fine time pieces is on my left wrist currently). F Lewis. I know we’re supposed to respect these “racers” and all that jazz but I hope his stupid ass hits a wall HARD. HARD enough to wake that stupid fuck up and get him to quit supporting the PC assholes.

Be Yourself Mr. Hamilton, don’t take a knee to these woke, perpetually pissed off asshoes, start lobbing Molotov cocktails at them. (Yeah I know you won’t do that...there’s too much bitch in you).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Once more into the fray....

https://motomatters.com/interv..._returning_to_a.html

C’mon old man. I need to see you on the top step, and need to hear the Italian National Anthem with you on the top step. Please, for the love of God!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12563 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.crash.net/motogp/n...motogp-calendar-2023

quote:

Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta met CEO of Kalet-Magyarország Versenypálya Kft Jozsef Pacza, Hungarian Minister of National Innovation and Technology László Palkovics, delegates of the Hungarian Goverment, and local motorcycle star Gabor Talmacsi in Budapest today to announce the return of Hungary on the MotoGP calendar.

The last Grand Prix staged in Hungary was at the famous Hungaroring in 1992. But plans to build a new circuit in Debrecen (Hungary's second largest city), will begin as early as this year.

Speaking about the agreement to host a Hungarian Grand Prix in 2023, Ezpeleta said: "Finally this is coming true, we’re very happy because in Hungary there is a lot of passion for the sport. Gabor was World Champion and with this project many more Hungarian people will start coming into our Talent Cups and in our paddock.

"From the beginning we’ve been in contact with the people creating the project, and I was in the region two years ago. What is happening there is very special. The FIM is following the works for homologation, and I think the circuit will be one of the best in the world."

Talmacsi was a grand prix rider for ten years, and can't wait for the sport to return to his homeland. Talmacsi said: "It’s very emotional for me, I’m very proud to be here.

"My life story is basically that I represented my country as a rider for 10 years in MotoGP and now, in a different position I represent Hungary as a motorsport expert and I always try to give back, to support motorsport projects like this one.

"I’m proud to be part of the project, I love motorbikes, I love racing and I always follow the sport even when I’m not racing. It’s a great moment for us to be here and that the government has signed the contract with Dorna.

"The location near to Debrecen is very important for the area, and the countries around Hungary are close – Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, so fans can easily get there in future, and that’s also great for the region."

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15139 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Well then. Let me just start saving now. That would be a helluva vacation. I've always wanted to go to Hungary and this is the perfect excuse. So much history in that part of the world.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Well then. Let me just start saving now. That would be a helluva vacation. I've always wanted to go to Hungary and this is the perfect excuse. So much history in that part of the world.

“Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania”

You can sign me up. I don’t think I’ll be watching much racing while there though.

Posts: 12563 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
First day of official testing was today at Qatar. Rossi was asked about the factory to satellite switch and he said: "It was strange at the beginning, the first exit. But at the end, the bike is always my M1, also if she change the dress, the rest is the same."

I’d post the lap times but they are meaningless. 30 kmh winds today, the track was dusty all over with sand from the desert, and everyone sans Espargaro haven’t been on a bike on a MotoGP machine in 3 months. March 28th is the first race.

We’ll know something more on day 3 and day 5 on who has progressed, which bikes are moving faster, etc. It was good to see the bikes on track.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
How about those throwback colors?! Damn that Yamaha M1 looks good in white and red. I hope Yamaha uses those colors in at least one race this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motor1.com/news/49...s-motogp-safety-car/

MotoGP to run M3 CS, M4 CS and M5 CS safety cars, and a M1000RR safety bike for '21

Posts: 15139 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’d rather see BMW join the fray and throw down at the top level with a MotoGP team. It would be quite interesting to see which way they went (V4 verses I4). A few years ago they decided to build a superbike and damned if they didn’t put the world on notice with the S1000RR.

If Suzuki can go from not even fielding a MotoGP team to winning a championship in just 6 years. BMW should consider stepping up to the plate.

On a separate subject that 4 series grill..... I am slowly warming up to it but the online renderings and aftermarket body kits look way better. BMW shouldn’t allow itself to be out done by the aftermarket. They used to be fairly consistent at building aesthetically pleasing cars. That 4 series is really skirting it close to ugly car territory. It’ll be interesting to see how long it stays like that, BMW got a metric shit ton of hate when the new M4 first debuted. At one point they even pushed back and said if you don’t try new things you will never innovate or some crap like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I saw a new 4er on the road the other day, it does not look better in person.

I'm Mercedes fanboi #1, and am not a fan of the new C-class either. Mercedes new design language just doesn't really appeal to me.

GP related, not sure what the purpose of the Safety Bike is. Curious to see in which conditions it is deployed rather than one of the cars.

Also related, I'd imagine BMW would go I4, since they don't currently have a production V4 (is homologation a requirement for GP engines?)

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No it isn’t. But what is interesting is that every mfr. in GP uses a V4 (Honda, Ducati, KTM) or a crossplane 4 (Yamaha, and Suzuki) which mimics a V4 firing order out of an inline 4. V4’s produce more power but are more limited in setup than an inline 4. Ducati makes a V4 sportbike. Honda does not (inline 4, traditional firing order), KTM doesn’t make one at all, Yamaha uses a crossplane 4 in their R1, and Suzuki uses a traditional inline 4 in their sportbikes. Only Ducati and Yamaha have production versions of their GP engines.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t Aprilia offer a pretty mental V4 street bike as well? How close is its engine architecture to their GP bike?

I suppose you could say Honda kinda offered a V4 race replica to the public but the RC-213VS was so FN expensive it sort of made the whole venture pointless. You had to pay extra to bump up its pathetic HP levels to something decent too. I don’t know what Honda was thinking. Roll Eyes

World Superbike is where you see homologation as a requirement but if we’re really being honest WSBK (world superbike) doesn’t really care about those rules. If someone follows the rules (like Ducati did) and builds an amazingly powerful street bike FOR THE PURPOSE of racing in WSBK and if they start winning races Kawasaki’s diva will bitch endlessly until concessions are placed upon whoever threatens Jonathan Rea in his and Kawasaki’s race series. Yes, I’m still bitter about them taking rpms away from Ducati simply because they were beginning to win. That was 100% BS and it killed any interest I had in WSBK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Far from race replica or anything, but doesn't Honda still offer the V4 VFR?
I believe KTM has a few V2s, so at least somewhat related.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yep. Honda still makes the VFR and it’s quite a machine. But yeah, it is a far cry from a MotoGP machine. The VFR does have that V4 goodness that and with the right exhaust it sounds absolutely glorious.

KTM had a sportbike I think it was a big V twin but it isn’t made anymore. I thought it looked ok from every angle except the front. That headlight was a bit odd but otherwise it was a neat bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ducati is flaunting their straight line speed at Losail. Damn that thing is fast! The big questions will be how much better does the GP21 turn? Will all that straight line speed be enough to counter the corner speed of the Yamaha M1 and Suzuki GSX-RR?

It’s still a bit early but Ducati and Yamaha are looking good. This might be a very interesting year for Miller and Morbidelli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just read:

A Marquez: Not cleared to finish testing after his high-side & fractured foot.
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...test-doctor/5685089/
quote:

“I was focused on many things, and then I put in new tyres to make a time attack because it’s something I needed to improve. Making the time attack, I crashed. [It] was a highside in Turn 9, fortunately I’m OK. I have a small crack in my right foot.

“At the moment I’ve [been declared] not fit from the doctor, but tomorrow if we have a good weather and good conditions I will try to push the doctor to [pass me] fit because I feel good, I already race with this broken. So, I think it will not be a problem to be on the bike. But it’s a special doctor here in Qatar."

M Marquez: Cleared to begin training & possibly make race 1
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...bikes-qatar/5693872/
quote:

“I am waiting for the doctor to discharge me from the doctor and for me to feel good muscularly, to take a motorcycle.

“I feel that that moment is getting closer and closer.”

He added: “What I am not going to do is ride a MotoGP [bike] all at once.

“I will start with a small motorcycle, to see how I feel and, if I am doing well, because next time I will ride a bigger one, a [Honda] CBR1000, on a large circuit, to feel again the sensations of going 300km/h.”

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...ason-opener/5847980/

quote:

Marquez has been out of action since last July when he broke his right arm in a heavy fall during the opening Spanish Grand Prix.

He has since undergone three operations, the last of which coming in December when he had bone grafted onto his humerus from his hip.

He was also treated for an infection in the arm from the second operation he had back in August following an aborted comeback just days after his first surgery at the Andalusian GP.

Marquez’s arm started to show signs of proper recovery following his third operation, with the Honda rider cleared to begin training with bikes again earlier this month.

Despite this, doctors have advised him against racing in this weekend’s opening round of the 2021 campaign in Qatar.

“After the last review with the medical team, the doctors have advised me that the most prudent thing was not to take part in the Qatar Grand Prix and to continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks,” Marquez said.

“I would have loved to be able to participate in the opening race of the world championship, but we will have to continue working to be able to recover the optimal conditions that allow us to return to competition.”

Marquez’s doctors’ decision to advise against racing in Qatar was motivated by a desire to avoid putting strain on the still-recovering humerus through “intense competition” following such a length period of inactivity.

He will undergo a further medical check-up on 12 April according to Honda, which rules him out of the Doha GP in Qatar next weekend too. HRC is yet to confirm this, but Marquez revealed it on social media.

"After the last check-up with the medical team, they have advised me not to participate in the two Qatar races so we will continue with the recovery to return to compete as soon as possible,” he wrote on Instagram.

Marquez made his first public appearance with Honda last month at the factory team’s 2021 launch event, and confirmed then racing in the first Qatar race was a target.

However, he conceded this decision will be dictated by advice from his doctors – Marquez giving clear signals he has learned from the mistakes made last July.

Marquez has been in action in Barcelona and at the Algarve Circuit in Portugal riding an RC213V-S Honda track bike over the past week having stepped up his training.

Though Honda is yet to confirm his replacement, his place will be taken by HRC test rider Stefan Bradl, who stood in for the injured six-time world champion from the Czech GP onwards last year.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Meh, MotoGP is at its best when MM isn’t around in my opinion. I do hope he comes back and gets his ass thoroughly kicked.

On a completely different subject, is Dovi going to ride for Aprilia!? Man I hope he does ride for them and I hope that manufacturer can find a way to be more competitive. I think Ducati was foolish to cut Dovi loose. I would have shit canned the team manager first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hoping for more of the unknown this season. Last year was a blast to come back to after years away.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Ducati’s problem is Ducati. All the way up to the head of Corse. They didn’t listen to Stoner, didn’t listen to Rossi or Burgess. Fuck look at Lorenzo. He just started to kill it on the bike and they had cut his ass. Bunch of dummies.

3 more days to go until FP1. It’s always a long damn winter. Season 24 for me!