Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Moto 3 was nuts. Lots happening in the last few minutes. Not a bad race all in and the finish couldn't get much tighter.

I think Tech 3 KTM is gonna be a handful next year with Raul and Remy. Pretty sure both are gonna make Petrux look amateurish.

The GP was fun to watch. Glad Bags got himself on the top step finally. Someone has finally gotten the Duc to turn. That joker was so precise I think it just frustrated Marc into his error. Better check Bagnaia for ice water in his veins. SUPERB!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that Moto3 race was wild. Poor Artigas. To be battling for a podium like that and in great position one second and the next you’re flying off your bike at no fault of your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I was pretty upset at Acosta when that happened. He'd been making it stick all race but I think he asked too much 1 too many times and it bit him (and Xavier Artigas even worse). I think he's been watching too many MM93 highlight reels and that's not a good thing in my opinion. He needs to race clean or he'll be just another Spanish ass on a bike.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally got to watch the race.
Great riding by Bag & Marquez. Last few laps were nail biting.

Rins tried for a Bottas, made a lot of progress, but got stuck midway through the pack.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Are the tires really that shitty this year? Mir complained of it recently and now Fabio says it’s why he fell back at Aragon. Taka’s interview post race leaves you with the impression he had little faith in the consistency of his tires to give feedback throughout the race. What gives? Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
What is this and its purpose?

I found the answer at 3:20/7:12

Its for added downforce.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ I'd assumed that's what it was for.
Most of the external shots in-motion, make it look like a scoop & like it would add drag.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...-until-2026/6668103/

quote:

Michelin will continue as the official tyre supplier in MotoGP until at least the end of the 2026 season after securing a new three-year contract extension.
Having taken on the role of sole tyre supplier in the premier class back in 2016, it has played a key role in creating the closest competition across the championship's history, with 10 of the closest top 15 finishes of all-time being set since 2018.

Michelin had already been set to remain as the official tyre supplier in MotoGP until the end of 2023 thanks to its existing deal, with the new agreement covering the 2024, 2025 and 2026 world championship seasons.

Carmelo Ezpeleta, CEO of Dorna Sports, believes the recent period of close racing and historical feats makes the continuation of the partnership between Michelin and MotoGP an obvious one and is delighted with the deal.

"We're very proud to continue our partnership with Michelin until at least 2026," Ezpeleta said.

"Michelin has been a vital partner for MotoGP since it became the tyre supplier to the premier class in 2016, helping us to create one of the greatest eras of competition in motorcycle grand prix racing history.

"I'm delighted that we will reach a decade of collaboration and I hope we can continue building on this incredible foundation together. This agreement is fantastic news for all of us in the championship."

"We are very happy with the results we've obtained since Michelin's return to MotoGP. We are particularly proud of the technological progress made with our products, as well as the many records broken together with our partners," Florent Menegaux, CEO of Michelin, added.

"This championship offers fans a captivating spectacle, and it's accessible via digital platforms unparalleled in motorsport.

"Being a partner of MotoGP therefore represents a valuable opportunity for Michelin to engage the public and players across the discipline in its vision, brand, tyres and innovation.

"For Michelin, motorsport is a laboratory that encourages the transfer of its expertise and sustainable solutions for the benefit of everyone."

The new contract also includes Michelin taking the title sponsor slot for one grand prix in each season the deal covers.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Meh, bring back Bridgestone. Slippelins suck!

Andrea back this weekend for Petronas and a Factory Spec M1 for 2022. Great news! Happy to have him back. He's a good dude.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see Dovi get a ride, I don’t think Ducati appreciated his contribution. Now is his chance to prove them wrong!

It’s going to be interesting to see who adjusted to their new bike quicker, Maverick on the V4 or Dovi on the inline 4. Both will have to adjust their riding style and strategy a bit when battling with other bikes. Is going to be fun to watch it all play out.

Considering how well Fabio has done on the M1 as long as Yamaha doesn’t fall behind with development next year (I don’t think they will) like Suzuki did this year Dovi should be on a damn good bike/team and may be a force to be reckoned with. I’d love to see him give his team mate hell. I don’t care for Fabio. I hope Dovi does well, my only concern is whether he is given time to adjust to a completely different machine and how long it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Morbidelli/Dovizioso - Yamaha News

quote:

Morbidelli has been long-expected to join the factory Yamaha squad next season following Maverick Vinales’ decision to quit the team a year earlier than planned back in June.

However, Vinales’ suspension following the Styrian Grand Prix and subsequent ousting mid-season by Yamaha has forced the Japanese manufacturer to promote Morbidelli from Petronas SRT early to take Vinales’ place.

Morbidelli has been sidelined since June after undergoing knee surgery and will return in this weekend’s San Marino Grand Prix – the scene of his maiden MotoGP victory last year.

Yamaha has also elected to lock the three-time MotoGP race winner into a long-term deal through to the end of 2023.

“I’m very pleased and happy about facing this weekend and this highly anticipated new chapter with the Factory Yamaha team,” Morbidelli said.

“I've been trying to recover as much as possible for the final stage of this championship.

“I wanted to make my comeback at a track I know well and have great memories of, like Misano.

”I'm looking forward to jumping on the bike and starting my journey with the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Team.

“Of course, I need and I want to thank all the people who made this happen, starting with [Hiroshi] Ito-san, Lin [Jarvis], Maio [Meregalli], [Takahiro] Sumi-san, the VR46 Riders Academy, and all other people who made this collaboration possible.”

Dovizioso has spent most of 2021 on the sidelines having elected to take a sabbatical following his axing by Ducati at the end of the 2020 campaign.

The 15-time MotoGP race winner intended to mount a full-time return in 2022, which initially looked like it would come with Aprilia after he took up a testing programme with the Italian marque from April.

However, that avenue closed on him when Aprilia signed Vinales for 2022 instead – though Vinales’ ousting from Yamaha in the wake of his suspension after the Styrian Grand Prix and Franco Morbidelli’s promotion to its factory squad offered Dovizioso a lifeline.

He has been drafted in to replace Morbidelli for the rest of the year at SRT, and will remain with the team into 2022 aboard a factory Yamaha – signing directly with the Japanese marque.

SRT will become a new entity entirely in 2022 helmed by its current team management, as the current Sepang Racing outfit will quit MotoGP altogether at the end of this year after title sponsor Petronas elected to do the same.

“Racing with Yamaha has always been my dream, and that's why when the opportunity arrived I did not think twice, although I know it's going to be a tough challenge for me,” Dovizioso said.

"I've got many things ahead of me to learn: a new bike, a new team, a new working system.

“It‘s a big challenge that starts at Misano, my home GP. This makes it even more exciting. I can't wait to be aboard my M1!”

Dovizioso spent one season on a Yamaha back in 2012 when he rode for Herve Poncharal’s Tech 3 squad, with the Italian scoring five podiums that year before switching to the factory Ducati team in 2013.

The three-time championship runner-up will be Valentino Rossi’s fifth teammate in 2021, with Morbidelli’s knee injury back in June leading to the likes of Garrett Gerloff, Cal Crutchlow and Jake Dixon lining up on the ‘A-spec’ SRT M1.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ducati is looking strong! For the second race in a row they topped qualifying. Suzuki in their usual form had an awful qualification session. The way Rins and Mir have consistently found a way to recover from horrific starts gives me some optimism. Fabio is positioned well to pad his lead. Maverick surprised me with his performance and the speed at which he has adjusted to the Aprilia!

It’s going to be an interesting race!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ouch, difficult race for the Suzuki faithful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It’s gonna get interesting over the next few weeks. With 4 races left in the season, we may be in for a helluva ride Cool

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Enea was magnificent. 2 year old bike busting up Miller, Marquez, and the Suzukis? Gigi keeps getting that Ducati to turn, everyone else is fukt.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gotta give credit where it is due. Watching him today was the highlight of the race. What Enea Bastianini managed to do with a 12th place starting position on the grid and on a two year old bike that is known to have shit handling was nothing short of spectacular. He threw down with some of the best and put on a performance I don’t think many people expected was even possible. Cool

Bags was amazing too. With my boys effectively out of the fight I would love nothing more than to see him win the title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
LMAO. Just read Mir’s comments about Marc over the weekend.

quote:
"Well about Marc, I think all the riders know what Marc needs, no? He always needs a wheel to be strong or something," Mir told reporters after qualifying 11th, the result of an erroneous dash message to pit that left him no chance to complete his final fast lap.

"It is difficult to understand for me how an eight-time world champion cannot make his job on his own and always needs some wheel [to follow].

"But it is a game that Marc always loves to play and that's it. Today was me. I try to make my job and I don’t care if I have someone on my back. I try to give my 100 percent and work for the race."

You tell him Mir. He’s a bitch and these are bitch ass moves.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I was happy watching this.

C'mon Austin!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That interview with Marquez after testing the new bike.... corner speed is a big issue for them. Here’s to hoping they continue to struggle in this area. Big Grin

Rainman, I wish I could say I’ll see you in Austin. I really do man. Sadly I don’t see how I can make it happen this year. Frown

Have fun and take lots of pics please! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great race, especially watching a 2 yr old bike fighting at the top.
I didn't see what caused Rins to go out, overcommit in a corner & low-side? Bummer that Mir couldn't make any forward progress.

Don't think I'll make Austin (for GP or F1) this year.