SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ever find out a song you like is actually a cover??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever find out a song you like is actually a cover?? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Ritchie Valens’ mom and I assume now his siblings are still collecting a check from one of them

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MviBlaTIV-s

Led zeppelin stole this from Valens. It’s basically Valens’ “ooh my head”.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
It's rare that I'll not know a song is a cover, but I'll admit, I only found out about 6 months ago that Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" was a cover

I frankly hated Imbruglia's "poppy" take on the song. Ednasnap's original version is properly dark, moody and fitting with the lyrics.

As for below, I always thought Roberta Flack's version was the original.

quote:
Led zeppelin stole this from Valens. It’s basically Valens’ “ooh my head”.

I think Page was fairly proficient at 'borrowing' from others. Just ask anyone that was in the band Spirit about Stairway to Heaven.

And I just found out that Stevie Wonder's version of a song he wrote is actually a cover. Who woulda thunk it?

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post