SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Russell did well to put the Williams into P12 on Saturday, though the conditions helped even the field a bit.

Hopefully having this done & dusted [mostly] will help Bottas keep his head in the game & take the fight the Lewis. He's come out strong these first 2 races, hope he can keep the momentum.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much patience the Ferrari upper management has?
I guess we'll find out soon.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I wonder how much patience the Ferrari upper management has?
I guess we'll find out soon.

Back to back races, and in the same turn [different participants] no less.
Same turn Leclerc & Verstappen got into it last year too, IIRC.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Agreed.

Russell did well to put the Williams into P12 on Saturday, though the conditions helped even the field a bit.

Hopefully having this done & dusted [mostly] will help Bottas keep his head in the game & take the fight the Lewis. He's come out strong these first 2 races, hope he can keep the momentum.

I think the media hype was partially because of Russell's virtual driving during the shut down, where he won (I think) three races. It is amazing what someone can do on a simulator, but when you put them in actual equipment, it can be a different story.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Ferrari need a complete redo. Sainz is probably worried what he has got himself into. LeClerc is the real deal, the rest of Ferrari is a cluster with no will to actually change, IMHO.

McLaren is fun to watch, good to see recovery and RickyBobby will fit in nicely. I really enjoy Sainz will be too bad to see him lost to the Ferrari monster, do not think this will be a good few years.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess the latest rumor is that Vettel is going to drive for Racing Point (to be rebadged Aston Martin) next year. Would mean that either Stroll or Perez gets the ax, but since Stroll’s daddy owns the team, Perez is likely to be the one dumped. Be sad to see Perez go, if that’s what happens. On the other side, Racing Point is likely to be a step up from Ferrari for Vettel next year. It would be hilarious to see Vettel pass Leclerc and Sainz next year on track for position.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw that too. Article I read said that RP may have an exit clause with Perez.

Would be a shame for Checo to lose his seat, like Hulkenberg, a solid consistent driver.

Looking forward to seeing Ricciardo in a MBZ powered McLaren next year. They've got a solid performer & the Mercedes power could have them fighting the leaders, if the get the implementation right.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
since Stroll’s daddy owns the team, Perez is likely to be the one dumped. Be sad to see Perez go, if that’s what happens.

I guess well have to see which is more important to him, his son's career or the splash of points possible with the "new" team if he keeps Checo, Besides Checo being the better driver, you have to remember that it was Checo's actions that saved Force India and made the purchase possible.

Stroll is the "face of ownership, but it isn't like Chapman or Hesketh. Stoll has to answer to fellow investors who bought into the team at the same time. Checo also brings sponsorship dollars to the team

There were whispers that Daddy Stroll might buy into Williams for a F1 seat for Stroll Jr

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Checo also brings sponsorship dollars to the team

And a lot historically. Not sure on current levels.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...0BE0Ef8Q2bUBDFE.html

Russell/Latifi confirmed for Williams 2021.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...0BE0Ef8Q2bUBDFE.html

Russell/Latifi confirmed for Williams 2021.

Latifi has a wealthy father too.
I think he to has visions of being a team owner.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest rumor on Planet/F1 is that Vettel has a deal with Racing Point, and the Checo is heading to Hass to provide funding and to take Grosean's seat. Official announcement will be made at Silverstone on August 2nd.

Silly season has officially jumped into 5th gear.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Latest rumor on Planet/F1 is that Vettel has a deal with Racing Point, and the Checo is heading to Hass to provide funding and to take Grosean's seat. Official announcement will be made at Silverstone on August 2nd.

Silly season has officially jumped into 5th gear.

Wouldn't be the worst reshuffle of seats, if Haas can give Checo a good car.
Never really understood why they've kept RoGro around, unless they just don't have a decent replacement.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haas being able to make the show next year isn't even a "given" yet

I think Alfa might be a better landing spot. Indy might actually offer more promise

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:

Haas being able to make the show next year isn't even a "given" yet

I think Alfa might be a better landing spot. Indy might actually offer more promise

Did I miss something, or did Gene Hass change his mind from his May stance? I thought he was pretty clear they were good for 2021, but focused on finding title sponsorship. Bringing in Checo and TelMex kind of tick both boxes, no?

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well, the ever-petulant Grosjean yet again stabs himself about the body. Anybody want to take a bet against him not being in F1 in 2021?

From Steiner:
quote:
"I think his answer was the wrong answer," the Italian told Sky Sports during today's opening session. "Because he was asked what he is doing, and he spoke for the team.
"I think the elephant is in his room, not in our room," he added.

Steiner critical of Grosjean's comments

In other news saw where two folks tested positive. Not folks that were in Austria and they've been removed/isolated so must not be key folks like team engineers, drivers, etc.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ That solidifies 280nosler's comment above about

Vettel > Aston, Checo out
Checo > Haas, Grosjean out

posted Hide Post
I have been out of F1 for a few years so I thought I'd give it another shot. 2 races in and not all that impressed, I will stick it out through the rest of the truncated year, hopefully it delivers. It was interesting to see who is still driving from when I last watched.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Unless some catastrophic failures with Mercedes Benz start to occur, Chinstrap is going to runaway with the Drivers' Championship again this year. It's super annoying that the 2019 Mercedes car design is the second best car on the grid, behind the 2020 Mercedes car. If Racing Point had better drivers, they would be 3rd and 4th in the Drivers' Championship.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
It was cute, in the naive childlike sense, how some of you thought Bottas was going to challenge Chinstrap for the Drivers’ Championship in 2020.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post