SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
would do to my battery.

You should consider a charger. Razz

Seriously, I've had a couple instances where I needed to do this from iPad or phone. Got it started, plugged in device and let it run. If it was something where you needed to control FF or changing cameras (like if you want all the helmet cams) that would be a PITA admittedly. In my last couple cases it was a webcast car auction. Before I was smart enough to realize my fire stick had it's own native browser app.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
would do to my battery.

You should consider a charger. Razz

Seriously, I've had a couple instances where I needed to do this from iPad or phone. Got it started, plugged in device and let it run. If it was something where you needed to control FF or changing cameras (like if you want all the helmet cams) that would be a PITA admittedly. In my last couple cases it was a webcast car auction. Before I was smart enough to realize my fire stick had it's own native browser app.....

Razz
Yeah, it's having the phone tied to that for 2 hours, on the charger or not.
I'm happy with the YTTV coverage for now, so as long as ESPN keeps that deal going, I won't be forced to make a change.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
You've also got ESPN+ has a backup option like I used in case things go wonky. If you have the Disney+ bundle you just need to log in or if you have ESPN on your TV plan (Cable or YouTubeTV) you can link the accounts together and watch it.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is F1 on ESPN+?
I thought I'd tried it before & it was all on-demand programming, nothing live.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I watch it on ESPN on Youtube TV. I do not believe it is broadcast live on ESPN+

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I watch it on ESPN on Youtube TV. I do not believe it is broadcast live on ESPN+

Don’t know about the ESPN streaming service, but the race is broadcast live on the ESPN TV channel, and practices and qualifying are on one of the ESPN sub channels, like ESPN 2 or ESPNNEWS.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is on ESPN+.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Grid penalty for Charles after having a meeting with the president just days earlier. some control system they replaced on the grid last race was also reason for failure in race, limited to two in season and that obviously doesn't work. That will yield some interesting clips.

Curious to see if all Ferrari engine teams are having to replace same component.

Max gets waiver for later arrival, stomach bug. Interesting to see if he's at 100%.

Did hear on F1Nation podcast and interview with the Saudi track guy describing changes to track, curbs, etc. Apparently they've opened up the sightline through the fast curves near the end of lap.

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hoping it's not a Ferrari PU issue, for the sake of Haas & Alfa.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I took a quick look at another Ferrari article, and it seems if it's the actual ECU, that's manufactured by McLaren for all teams. However the other comments indicated the ECU was possibly fried by a faulty wiring loom, which seems more like a Ferrari specific item hopefully and not all Ferrari engine teams.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I took a quick look at another Ferrari article, and it seems if it's the actual ECU, that's manufactured by McLaren for all teams. However the other comments indicated the ECU was possibly fried by a faulty wiring loom, which seems more like a Ferrari specific item hopefully and not all Ferrari engine teams.

That would explain why he replaced two and no one else had the problem.
Sounds like they just missed the cause.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Aston looking strong again going into quali.
Bottas way at the bottom in all 3 FP sessions, not sure what's going on there Confused

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great chance for Alonso and Perez.
Leclerc and Max have to get through a lot of cars but Max especially seems to be able to do that as needed.
Amazingly close otherwise.
Should be a great race tomorrow.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek Q2 shocker

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Checo Perez for the win. Led 49 of 50 laps, with Verstappen second for another 1-2 finish.

Boo to Mercedes for a ticky-tack complaint against Alonso.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Checo Perez for the win. Led 49 of 50 laps, with Verstappen second for another 1-2 finish.

Verstappen pipped Checo for the Fastest Lap point on the final lap

quote:
Boo to Mercedes for a ticky-tack complaint against Alonso.

Moving Russell up from 4th to 3rd, after Alonso's 10 sec penalty, was worth 3 championship points. He just cleared Hamilton by .3secs to avoid losing an additional 2 points.

Mercedes is now 5 points up on A-M in the Constructors Championship

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mercedes is now 5 points up on A-M in the Constructors Championship

And...the FIA reversed their decision when A-M asked for a formal review. Alonso gets his 3rd place back and his 3 points.

Now A-M only trails Merc by 2 points

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
What was up with that safety car decision? Stroll was off the track and basically all the way behind the barrier?

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Announcer said something like Race Control's GPS showed the Car (or the end of it) to still be "on track".

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post