SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Miscarriage. It will drive as mad as the mad king and she will lose all her supporters. Jaimie included, hes the ultimate redemption character and you can see it in his eyes and his demeanor that he knows he's on the wrong side of things as long as his sister is alive. She will snap and he will finally do the right thing. Or him doing the right thing makes her snap.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Lord Randal Tarly, Rip.

You were the best soldier in Westeros.

I will bend the knee to you anytime.

Long Live Lord Tarly!

The Great Santini of Westeros. Good soldier, good commander, shitty father.

Somebody needs to do a side-by-side photo of Randyll Tarly and Bull Meecham.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this has already been covered. In the battle at the end of episode 4 I thought the dragon was badly wounded by the arrow from the scorpion. But in episode 5, he looks perfectly healthy. What happened?

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was apparently just a flesh wound. He took a spear/bolt to the shoulder, but Dany pulled it out, and it appears he recovered quickly.

This isn't the first time Drogon's been injured. Recall that he received some similar penetrating injuries during the battle in the fighting pit in Mereen. But he recovered quickly from those too.

In addition, we don't quite know for sure how much time has passed since the Loot Train battle and their return flight to Dragonstone. It may be that he recovered for a few days before being strong enough to fly home.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
Sorry if this has already been covered. In the battle at the end of episode 4 I thought the dragon was badly wounded by the arrow from the scorpion. But in episode 5, he looks perfectly healthy. What happened?

Probably roughly similar to an MMA fighter having the first 1/2 inch of a 3-inch nail driven into his shoulder. Painful in the short term, but far from fatal/debilitating, unless infection sets in.

That being said if there is some form of a meeting between Dany and Cersi regarding the army of the dead, hopefully it's on open ground. I can certainly see Cersi laying a trap possibly including many scorpions, were she to have control of the meeting place, and cover.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Daenerys is gonna be pissed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Oh boy.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Holy shit....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
A dead flying dragon. That can't be good. The powerful scenes between Daenerys and John were very well done. Really good stuff.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Want more powerful nerdgasms at age 50 than when you were 18? Get GoT! Guaranteed to work!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
The dialogue between the 7 was great. The hound is still cracking me up.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Looks like next week should be interesting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Good episode. Don't want to leak spoilers, but damn!

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Great episode marked by how I lost track of the time and when I figured it would end, it just kept on giving.

Only down side though, the gal that plays Arya can't act worth a damn. The convo between her and Sansa outside after the remarks about the bow training just seemed so incredibly wooden.

ETA - I know it was the old Dothraki witch that said it, but what was the prophecy behind Danni not being able to have anymore children? Is it possible some Targareyen blood (Jon) could break that and create an heir apparent?

Quote of the day comes from the behind the scenes extra, "Fuck you, we can't afford a zombie polar bear."

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where'd the fuk did they get those ship chains?

....just askin'

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

....just askin'

Dudes with blue eyes who can raise the dead....and your big question is where they get chains? Smile

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

....just askin'

That was exactly my thought last night also!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Well if you want a real answer it would be hardhome. A known freefolk port for years that even traded with eastwatch.

Undead polar bears, dragons, ressurected dead men, snarks, and goblins and you question the chains... lol Big Grin

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
quote:

....just askin'

That was exactly my thought last night also!

Yeah, mine too!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I had an issue with the chains, too. It would have been fine had they just used a bunch of big ropes. Nobody would have questioned it for a second. Suspension of disbelief is a funny thing. We're willing to allow a completely unbelieveable world to exist, but there are still certain rules we think are in place.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I liked that they didn't cut out the dialog to keep it to 60 minutes. And, even though there was no question whatsoever Dany would show up with her dragons and kick ass, it was still completely thrilling when it happened. They did a good job of keeping the tension up, even though it seemed Dany had the upper hand.