SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. An interesting idea but there is not enough time left to make the fall of the wall Bran foreshadowing. Only 6 episodes in the last season. The wall has to be down for the story to move forward fast enough.

The more interesting question about Bran is, will his ability to affect the past in his visions play some role in the coming war.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
*********** SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER *** BE WARNED *** SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ***********

OK...just wrapped up Season 7 for the second time. My take on the very end...just spiff-balling here. We know Bran, as the 3-eyed Raven, can see the past, present, and future. Is it possible that what he's "seeing" at the end of the season finale is actually the future and the wall is still intact? Just trying to think outside the obvious and what may be a "dream"...

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Just started my rewatch of season 7 in anticipation of the final season. Through 2 episodes so far.

Spoilers below.

Seeing the Sand Snakes die was great. They were portrayed as petulant children the whole time and they got what they deserved at the hands of Euron.

Theon's PTSD is well portrayed as he abandons his sister to Euron.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I don't think so. An interesting idea but there is not enough time left to make the fall of the wall Bran foreshadowing. Only 6 episodes in the last season. The wall has to be down for the story to move forward fast enough.

The more interesting question about Bran is, will his ability to affect the past in his visions play some role in the coming war.

Yeah...you're right. I re-watched the season 8 trailers again and surmised it wasn't foreshadowing. Hmmm...didn't know there were only going to be 6 episodes. They're gonna have to crank up this story FAST!! Of course each episode skips ahead months in time, as I'm sure it takes that long to get from Winterfell all the way down to Dragonstone.

***** SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT DANGER WILL ROBINSON SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT *****

On a side note, I wonder what Sam's reaction will be when he finds out Daenerys BBQ'd his father and brother. I'm sure there's no love lost for his father, but he might have some issues with his brother being placed on the torching block. On the plus side, Horn Hill is now all his...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Just started my rewatch of season 7 in anticipation of the final season. Through 2 episodes so far.

Spoilers below.

Seeing the Sand Snakes die was great. They were portrayed as petulant children the whole time and they got what they deserved at the hands of Euron.

Theon's PTSD is well portrayed as he abandons his sister to Euron.

Probably the most disappointing of the series, is the poor development of the Dornish outside of Oberyn Martell. While the books don't go too deep into the Southern kingdom either, the Sand sisters were reduced to a trio bratty adolescents.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I completely agree.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Watched 7.3 last night.

Spoilers************

Euron is well acted to be supremely arrogant and a little bit off. It will be fun to see him get his just reward. Who will it be? Theon? Jaime? Cersei?

I enjoyed Olenna's final little FU to Jaime and Cersei only after she drank the poison.

I thought the Dornish and Highgarden storylines ended a bit too abruptly. They were too easily defeated but I guess the writers wanted to whittle away Danaerys' advantages and establish the Lannisters as at least competent.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
In the novels, Highgarden and the Iron Isles are the most boring parts of the story. They were made much more interesting in the series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
HAW!!! Enjoy... Big Grin

***** WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THROUGH SEASON 7 *****

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
***** SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THROUGH THE END OF SEASON 7 *****
THANK YOU Sansa and Arya for getting rid of Little Finger!!! That scheming, sick, lecherous, *unt was about to grate on my last nerve! Mad Big Grin

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I never truly understood the phrase "love to hate" until I saw Littlefinger. We couldn't have him scheming in the upcoming battle(s) but I will miss him.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post