SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Miller native American singer songwriter flute player. First album "Reservation Road" one of the best. Check out all his music. Nashville ruined him for a while. Some truly haunting songs

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Echolyn - a progressive rock band from PA

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

801 Live- one off live album, recorded in the late 70s, from a band including Brian Eno, Phil Manzanera, Simon Phillips.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dkul5z9Rs3g" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That's a great album. My CD is signed by Manzanera.

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Can't embed from my phone but I wonder if anyone here listens to James McMurtry.

I love his song Whats the Matter? Also like Red Dress.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Can't embed from my phone but I wonder if anyone here listens to James McMurtry.

I love his song Whats the Matter? Also like Red Dress.

And Lobo Town.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Some country lovers may have heard of Sarah Jory, who plays a lot of steel guitar and pedal steel. Here's Danny Boy:

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Frozen Love by Buckingham Nicks.
Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks before Fleetwood Mac. Story has it that Mick Fleetwood heard the the solo and invited Lindsey to join the band. Very likely the best twofer in the history of rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m94Xpx91w2E

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First of all, I am familiar with McMurtry, but obviously not familiar enough. “Choctaw Bingo” was one of the most incredible solo performances I’ve ever seen.

The Sara Jory perf of “Danny Boy” was special to me. I have posted before that my mother was 100% Irish. My cousins, who have much better voices than my brothers (and sister) and I, sang Danny Boy at my mom’s funeral service. I remember like it was yesterday.

I have looked for the Buckingham/Nicks album, unsuccessfully, and therefore it’s been a long time. I am reminded that I have never heard it in its entirety. Like Mark Knopfler, Lindsey Buckingham plays with his bare fingers. People continually call him “underrated” as a guitar player; he isn’t called that by musicians.

Finally, Windwolf, referenced Bill Miller. Here’s the title track of the album performed live.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s one more from me. Most people remember Tony Joe White from his one big hit, “Poke Salad Annie” from many years ago. Well, he kept making music. Spare, greasy, filthy, swampy stuff like this.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jeymW6GTDeY" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Ahhh the Nails, excellent choice!!! That was always a favorite in my younger days.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
The Mars Volta

https://youtu.be/lrwMMF2QS14

I've long been a fan.
Add in At the Drive In (pre TMV) & Sparta (post-ATDI split) to that.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Eva Cassidy, this is just one cover, I can't find a favorite, but especially love this one. What a wonderful voice.

Cancer took her far too young, at age 33.

LINK to video

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Missile Silo Suite - Call Tomorrow
The band broke up several years back after making 1 album.
I like the album. I love this song.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny Gatton
Or
A blue grass band called
High Fidelity

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
The Mars Volta

I've long been a fan.

Definitely! At the Drive-in was my other choice to add. Great musicians and lyrics all around.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
The Mars Volta

I've long been a fan.

Definitely! At the Drive-in was my other choice to add. Great musicians and lyrics all around.

I found Sparta in high school, the TMV early in college. Friend demanded that I check out ATDI, as I didn't know it was both groups before they split.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post