SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sound of Freedom - Jim Caviezel
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Freedom - Jim Caviezel Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
This looks like it could be good!
I am a big fan of Jim Caviezel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like Caviesel’s work. Appears promising

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sometimes when I think of my granddaughters, I fear something like this happening to them. Unimaginable horror. God Bless Jim Caviezel and all others putting the spotlight on those who would do this to children.

Big Grin I was following the previous posts

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CavieZel.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
CavieZel.

Correct.
Either it was late or autocorrect got me twice.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
New trailer with July 4th Theatrical Release!! I know what I am doing that weekend.
Sure does look like it is going to be a winner

————————————————

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I also like his work and will watch this. I was a fan of Person of Interest.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to it as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It does look good, and I will see it.

If anyone is interested in supporting a charity that works with law enforcement to fight human trafficking worldwide, check out Operation Underground Railroad. I support them but am not affiliated.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
I also like his work and will watch this. I was a fan of Person of Interest.

Started watching this.....does he ALWAYS shoot them in the leg!?!?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Started watching this.....does he ALWAYS shoot them in the leg!?!?

Ha! I had forgotten about that. You'll simply have to watch all the episodes to find out.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I wish we were not so tolerant in finding and punishing those who do this to children.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will be going to see it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
It’s almost showtime. Who is going to support this film this week?

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/RMeC1Sn8324

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't know how eager I am to see this movie. I like his films (The Count of Monte Cristo is an all-time favorite), and I have been keeping tabs on this one, since it was first mentioned here, but the subject matter of this one may be too heavy for me. He did an interview with Shawn Ryan, which will be posted today; I intend to check it out. The interview's preview struck me as a bit overly-dramatic; almost cheesy; I hope it was a result of Ryan's editing choices. Jim did bring up one point, in the preview, that I wholeheartedly agree with: we need to pray for the perpetrators of these crimes; not just the victims.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I scored a ticket to the opening performance.

And just returned from seeing it.

I went with trepidation due to the subject matter.

Turns out, it was well managed, and made a powerful impression on everyone present.

Mr. Caviezel’s performance was nuanced, yet portrayed the deep faith of those involved, Mr. Caveizel notwithstanding.

The actual ex-HSI agent helped capture 300+ pedophiles and save a few hundred children.

The best part of the movie was the Special Announcement after the film ended and the credits began to run. I’ll leave it up to you to see it.

The studio, ANGEL Pictures is running a pay-it-forward where if you like the movie, you can buy a friend, acquaintance, or lover tickets.

In response I have two tickets for any one person who speaks up and who lives close to a theatre.

Just announce here you’ll go, and email me the details where you live and I’ll buy two tickets.

ETA: my eddress is in my profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
How's this for hilarious: Sound of Freedom overtook Indiana Jones for the #1 movie in America on July 4th.

This was also a movie that Fox agreed to distribute, but Disney bitched out. This movie will most likely be profitable after this weekend with a $14.5 million budget while Indy costs $300 million before marketing.

Disney will be Disney.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to see it last night. Well executed movie with tight direction and excellent acting. I was surprised that it sat in film cans for five years looking for a distributor (and finally found one via crowd-funding through Angel studios).

Theatre was pretty full, too - supporting the idea that this film is much more popular than the new Indy movie.

I would recommend it.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
Went to see it last night. Well executed movie with tight direction and excellent acting. I was surprised that it sat in film cans for five years looking for a distributor (and finally found one via crowd-funding through Angel studios).

Theatre was pretty full, too - supporting the idea that this film is much more popular than the new Indy movie.

I would recommend it.

Pretty sure Jim Caviezel is pretty much blacklisted from Hollywood.
The director/producer whoever is important (don’t know media hierarchy) said Jim plays the part and no one else which was part of the reason.

————————————————