SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just got a bottle of Weller Antique 107 delivered today from one of my employees. Unexpected.

Opening in 10 minutes !

Maybe its just a coincidence that performance reviews are next week? Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Enjoy. Weller Antique 107 is a FAVORITE of mine. We have been fortunate to have a steady flow of Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107 in the Cincinnati area for the past year.

Hope that performance review goes well. Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Yummy yummy, super tasty. Wish I could find it easier here in VA.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Weller 107 is good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My Son in Charlotte called me this morning. He scored a 107 Store Pick. He waited in line for 2.5 hours. In my approx. 1 year hunt, I have never seen a 107 Store Pick.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
My Son in Charlotte called me this morning. He scored a 107 Store Pick. He waited in line for 2.5 hours. In my approx. 1 year hunt, I have never seen a 107 Store Pick.

Those can be leaps and bounds better that the general release. A buddy picked a 9.5 year barrel for his shop a few years back. Afterwards the distillery told him he was really lucky because they messed up and offered him something that was supposed to become Van Winkle.

Store picks tend to go quick and many don't even see the shelf. Stores will sellout their stock online in a minute. It's wild.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Finally got on the list for the Appalachian Barrel Select/Appalachian Whiskey Society

The hand picks are labeled and delivered to a specific Walgreens locally

Picked up a two-fer today
Yellow Stone hand pick & Ezra Brooks Distillers Collection

I picked up the Smooth Ambler and 107 from previous releases that a friend had extras on

Everything I’ve had from ABS has been from very good to spectacular

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Todays haul. I will let y'all know how the 1792 full proof is

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, please do. 1792 is one of my favorite bourbons, but I have never seen, or tasted, their Full Proof bourbon.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Picked up a two-fer today
Yellow Stone hand pick & Ezra Brooks Distillers Collection
Just picked up a bottle of Yellowstone a couple weeks ago for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Todays haul. I will let y'all know how the 1792 full proof is

Where's you find the Eagle Rare? It's another one of those bourbons that was always available and then just disappeared.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is occasionally (2-3 times a year) available in Ohio, for $32.00. My Daughter found 3 bottles at a grocery store in Ann Arbor for $32.00 each. If you go to the BT Distillery, they have it pretty regularly for $37.00 per bottle.

In my very limited experience (1 year in the Bourbon hunt), Eagle Rare represents a great value for a 10 year old.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Eagle Rare is occasionally (2-3 times a year) available in Ohio, for $32.00. My Daughter found 3 bottles at a grocery store in Ann Arbor for $32.00 each. If you go to the BT Distillery, they have it pretty regularly for $37.00 per bottle.

In my very limited experience (1 year in the Bourbon hunt), Eagle Rare represents a great value for a 10 year old.

I packed 3 bottles in my suitcase on the way home from Massachusetts last week because IF in can find Eagle Rare here, it's $70-$100 for a 750.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where's you find the Eagle Rare? It's another one of those bourbons that was always available and then just disappeared.

Loganville, I decided to frequent only one store. I have gotten to know the manager and he will offer up the "good stuff" he has in the back. I could have bought a case of ER but the mad money funds are low. If you want a bottle let me know, it will cost you a trip to Walton county

The 1792 Full Proof. Very fiery up front at 126 proof but it smooths out and gives you some sweetness and a bit of tobacco and vanilla, very nice

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Barrel proof 1792?

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Just got a bottle of Weller Antique 107 delivered today from one of my employees. Unexpected.

Opening in 10 minutes !

Maybe its just a coincidence that performance reviews are next week? Big Grin

My father and I killed his last bottle yesterday, love it. Very hard to find here in MA.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Took the Sazerac House tour the other day. Very interesting history, Sazerac family, the "coffee houses" of New Orleans and history of the Sazerac drink. I was disappointed they didn't have any of the rarer bourbons for sale Frown Very cool place though, worth the time

I will be trying their new Rums when I see them

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Took the Sazerac House tour the other day. Very interesting history, Sazerac family, the "coffee houses" of New Orleans and history of the Sazerac drink. I was disappointed they didn't have any of the rarer bourbons for sale Frown Very cool place though, worth the time

I will be trying their new Rums when I see them

You had to stand by that display and couldn't buy any of it, no Tayor or VW or BTAC?

Torturous.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Decided to give his Bourbon thing a try.

As I am getting older I don’t need the calories of the sweet and fruity drinks I have always favored (daiquiris, frozen margaritas, pina colada, etc.)

Back in my Marine Corps days I drank a fair amount of rum and coke or Jack Daniels and coke. Never been a big drinker, no more than 1-2 at a time and no more than once or twice a month.

Been browsing this thread and the “What’s in your glass?” thread. Don’t want to spend a crazy amount of money on multiple bottles that would take many years to drink, so decided to pick up some samplers of some of the more oft mentioned varieties.

So far I have samplers of Buffalo Trace, Maker’s Mark 90 proof, Woodford Reserve 91.4 proof, Knob Creek Small Batch 100 proof, and Bulleit 90 proof.

I am guessing the best way to decide preferences and compare them against each other is by drinking neat with something to cleanse palate between brands? Seems also the experience of one can change when sampled neat vs. diluted with water.

Spring water, fridge filtered, distilled? Does it matter and how much water would one add?

TIA for suggestions and info.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Personally I use filtered water from fridge or britta, bottled water will do.

I also will put 1 or 2 ice cubes instead of water and let them melt completely.

I also wouldn't open all the bottles and try them against each other. The flavors will get muted. Some of those you listed will over power others. Having 1,2 or even three open is fine I usually have that many open. But I personally only drink from 1 or 2.

Makers is wheat so it will be sweeter than the others. Buffalo Trace and Woodford are two that you have that id say to start with.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post