SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Interesting statistics about the HBO series Deadwood **NSFW** Warning- This thread has a Wu Rating of 9.6/10
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting statistics about the HBO series Deadwood **NSFW** Warning- This thread has a Wu Rating of 9.6/10 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The Number of Fucks in Deadwood

Total fucks in series: 2980
Cumulative series FPM: 1.56

Total fucks in Season Three: 1050
Average fucks per episode: 87.5
Cumulative Season Three FPM: 1.73

Total fucks in Season Two: 1099
Average fucks per episode: 91.6
Cumulative Season Two FPM: 1.76

Total fucks in Season One: 831
Average fucks per episode: 69.3
Cumulative Season One FPM: 1.23

The episode with the highest number of Fucks is from Season 3, episode 28, Full Faith and Credit, with an episode total of 137 Fucks, for an average of 2.97 Fucks per minute.
With an utterance of 7 Cocksuckers in this episode, we end up with a Fucks to Cocksuckers ratio of 19.6:1

The runner up is episode 10 from Season 1, Mr. Wu, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This episode has a total of 133 Fucks, for an average of 2.46 FPM.
Sadly, the data for the FtC ratio is not available for season 1. This is particularly tragic given the title of this episode. I'll have to queue up the episode and see if I can obtain the answer.

Ol' Steve putting it over the top in Full Faith and Credit

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I tried counting once, and completely lost track, so these stats are great!

That rant is such a classic. I wish they would have wrapped that show up properly. I have watched it from beginning to end numerous times.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just watched the episode Mr. Wu.

Wow, 35 Cocksuckers in that episode, for an impressive FtC ration of 3.8:1

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just watched the episode Mr. Wu.

Wow, 35 Cocksuckers in that episode, for an impressive FtC ration of 3.8:1

When my old job would piss me off I would sit back and watch Deadwood's Favorite Word:

https://youtu.be/u4D3UdxM3OU

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I guess the writers really give a fuck about the script.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
When my old job would piss me off I would sit back and watch Deadwood's Favorite Word:

Ha! That's great. The Mr. Wu episode runs in that clip between 1:45 and 2:40. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ha! That's great. The Mr. Wu episode runs in that clip between 1:45 and 2:40. Big Grin

I just got the wife to log in to the TV with her Amazon account. Been about 3 or 4 years since I watched the series, time for a redo.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
"Ratio of Fucks to cocksuckers:" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

-JALLEN

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The left arrow key on my keyboard just got a good workout on that segment. Big Grin

Fuck it, I'm going to start watching Deadwood again. Guess it's better to watch it a second go while it's still somewhat fresh in the mind.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yup. It's time to watch Deadwood once again. We've got all three seasons on Blu-ray. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Yup. It's time to watch Deadwood once again. We've got all three seasons on Blu-ray. Smile

Yeah, this was on the list of shows to rewatch. I think Wu sealed the deal on Deadwood being next.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Watched the show when it first came out. Guess I need to watch again

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Ironically, I'm watching the series right now for the first time. Just started season 2. This thread is sheading new light on the endeavor.

Has anyone counted the number of bare boobs shown on the show? Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to have this information. I've always wondered about how many times these words were uttered in the series. I think I know what I'll be watching while I'm on the exercise bike next.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I can remember watching the series, hearing the Fuck's, and wondering if that word was even invented yet???

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I can remember watching the series, hearing the Fuck's, and wondering if that word was even invented yet???
Oh yes.

I give you...

John Le Fucker and the one and only Roger Fuckebythenavele

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Is it broken down by character?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the scene in Mr. Wu, where Wu is trying to tell Al that Wu's drug courier was killed and robbed. For a few seconds, the scene turns into Abbot & Costello's "Who's on first?" bit.

Al: Who stole the dope??

Wu: (confused) WU????

Al: WHO!! WHO, YOU IGNORANT COCKSUCKER! WHO STOLE THE DOPE??!

Wu: (deliberately, so as to be clear) COCKSUCKAH!!

...or to that effect. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023