SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Interesting statistics about the HBO series Deadwood **NSFW** Warning- This thread has a Wu Rating of 9.6/10
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting statistics about the HBO series Deadwood **NSFW** Warning- This thread has a Wu Rating of 9.6/10 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Probably gets my vote for the greatest series of all time and there's some stiff competition. When we finished it, we popped in season one and watched again.

With so much right and memorable about "Deadwood" my favorite scene -- Doc dancing with Jewel.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 7847 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Probably gets my vote for the greatest series of all time and there's some stiff competition. When we finished it, we popped in season one and watched again.

With so much right and memorable about "Deadwood" my favorite scene -- Doc dancing with Jewel.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3340 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm not a prude and I'll be the first to use profanity where it's needed, but all the gratuitous profanity in this series turned me off when I watched the first episode years ago and I never watched it again.

Even Navy guys coming into Port and getting shore leave weren't this bad.

Posts: 10531 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You just need to embrace terms like cocksucker as a term of endearment. Smile

Side note we had a family reunion years back and we were playing scatagories and the phrase we had to come up with was “term of endearment”. The die roll was A. EVERY PERSON in the family wrote Asshole. The outsiders were a mix of amused and perplexed. Smile

What shocked me about deadwood was going in I expected a western. What I got was Shakespeare in old west setting. Took me a. Episode or three for it to grab me but I ended up LOVING the show.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 6881 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The wife and I started re-watching about a week and half ago for at least the 4th time. Absolutely fantastic show. Well acted by all involved

Posts: 2557 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I binged a couple episodes while in my office.

W#alked to my classroom and one of my students said they were going to miss because of work.

"well fine ya . .. . um . . .. yeah . . . no worries, thanks for letting me know"

I almost said it . . . I almost said it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3340 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post