SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yellowstone Season 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Season 4 Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Anyone else find the season opening episode to be a clumsy patchwork disappointment?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I liked it...for what it is.

I do, from living here, have to suspend belief quite a bit in the show (Helena plates for a ranch in Park County that is filmed in Ravalli County, for example...), but it's a good escape.

Jamie needs to get whacked.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The disjointed nature of the first 20 or so minutes made sense. With how S3 ended, they had to piece it all back together.

*Partial Spoilers Below*

When the van was t-boned, how did they know it was the right van & not some unfortunate vacationers?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15140 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Is Paramount the only way to watch it? If so, I'll just have to miss it because I refuse to add another pay site to the ones I already have. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else find the season opening episode to be a clumsy patchwork disappointment?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. Lots of action though.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Without any spoilers, I’ll say the first few minutes of episode 1 were intense!! A couple of new characters were introduced, but I agree it started so strong but got a bit disjointed. I still liked both episodes though.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Is Paramount the only way to watch it? If so, I'll just have to miss it because I refuse to add another pay site to the ones I already have. Frown

Jim

Paramount or Paramount +

My dad said he found it on Hulu, but not sure if it's regular or Hulu Premium.

Posts: 15140 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I found it on Paramount - not Paramount Plus.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

$20 on Amazon gets you the whole season. That was our only cheap option.

It is NOT on Paramount+. Only Paramount Channel and the app if you have the channel.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Mini Rip, didn’t see that one coming

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks like mine is on channel 241 on DirecTV. "PARHD". I assume that that's just Paramount.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So far so good on Season 4.
Some good lines and scenes in the opener(s).

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
we enjoyed it,

watched it on TVland, IIRC,
which I thought was an odd channel for it to be one,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Never go fly fishing alone.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It's fine. They try a little too hard with Beth sometimes. She's so over the top. I was confused about Jimmy because I didn't watch any recap and it was not very clear that he wasn't at the Ranch. There were some really bad lines of dialogue and some really good ones (Taylor Sheridan as the horse trainer was very good.) A bit uneven but when it's good it's really good. And the setting is just so gorgeous that it's hard to take your eyes off. And that includes Kelly Reilly.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10468 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
we enjoyed it,

watched it on TVland, IIRC,
which I thought was an odd channel for it to be one,

YouTubeTV here
Checked the DVR to make sure it was going to record & saw that 1/2 were scheduled for TVLand.
3 & onwards on Paramount.

Started watching it about 1/2 hour after it started (FF through commercials) & saw that it was on CMT, but it started with an MTV logo

Confused

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I think it's great. Beth sure gets her ass kicked a lot. No wonder she is always in a bad mood. Rip's new kid just might be interesting if they develop it.

Not really sure what happened with Jimmy but they sure do give him a lot of rope. I think it's gonna be a good season.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I liked it well enough. Loved the first 10 minutes - intense.

The only stupid part is how there keeps being one more person up the food chain at the rich company trying to take all the land...How many layers of management do they have ?

I also saw some ads for the prequel show that's coming out. I'll definitely give it a try.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I liked it well enough. Loved the first 10 minutes - intense.

The only stupid part is how there keeps being one more person up the food chain at the rich company trying to take all the land...How many layers of management do they have ?

I also saw some ads for the prequel show that's coming out. I'll definitely give it a try.

I thought the flashback in the show, undoubtedly from the prequel, was pretty cool.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10468 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Kevin Costner was shot, he had been helping a woman and boy change a tire. During the shooting, the woman was shot as she was running away. The boy was some distance away.

What happen to the boy? No mention of them after the assassination attempt.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post