SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yellowstone Season 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Season 4 Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You know a show is done when they add the extra kid to kill it off like they did in The Partridge Family and The Brady Bunch.

You could have a show with just Beth insulting hippies for an hour and it would be a huge hit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show was done a long time ago. Between plot armor keeping the Duttons alive, Casey turning livestock agents into SEAL Team 6 and his bitch SJW wife and pussy kid continuing to get screen time I'm just about done with the show.

I'm also tired of Beth marching into rooms and telling everyone what a bitch she is and how she's going to make their lives hell. It's so played out and the only thing worse is young women trying to replicate that attitude in real life without having any of the skills to back it up.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Jimmy is there to introduce the 6666 ranch. It will have its own series but unlikely to have Jimmy be involved with its main storyline.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
S4E8 turned into a goat rope or cluster $#%^ (whatever suits) in my view.

First 6+ minutes was 1883. That was followed by Jimmy has a date 6666 episode, dinning room theatrics, they-can't-be-that-stupid Market Equities, bashfest in tent city, a wolf and Monica distractions for Kayce, diner tragedy, Jamie manipulated.... whatever. Taylor Sheridan has lost it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, between the diner scene and Casey's pussy kid with the world's cringiest dialogue it's official: I'm out.

Seriously what mother watches her 12-14 year old kid takes a bath? Oh wait, the same mother who lets her kid hide under the bed all day.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

First 6+ minutes was 1883. That was followed by Jimmy has a date 6666 episode, dinning room theatrics, they-can't-be-that-stupid Market Equities, bashfest in tent city, a wolf and Monica distractions for Kayce, diner tragedy, Jamie manipulated.... whatever. Taylor Sheridan has lost it.

great summation,

guessing that is the same wolf Kayce saw when he was boinking Monica out in the woods last season?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

guessing that is the same wolf Kayce saw when he was boinking Monica out in the woods last season?

Yeah, looked to have the same coloring.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
diner tragedy

Maybe I wasn't paying attention early in the episode and missed something, but I didn't understand much about that scene at all.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
diner tragedy

Maybe I wasn't paying attention early in the episode and missed something, but I didn't understand much about that scene at all.

I'm gonna guess it is something that could be spun as heroism or reckless cowboying during the upcoming political faceoff.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. It sucked

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taylor Sheridan has lost it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Shitty writing on his part. I do not care about horses the way he does. Pitching additional series I guess is the Network's idea. On another network no less. It is like Leave it to Beaver and spun offs Leave it Wally, Leave it to Lumpy etc.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
diner tragedy

Well, they are going to need a new Sheriff. Most likely a mid-term appointment. Might be someone who favors the Duttons, or it might be someone that hates them.
It's a chance to bring in a new character, or just give it to Kayce. The local ranchers seem to like him.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm watching that episode again now. John just said something about the man who tried to kill him, rotting in prison, and a meeting with the sheriff to make sure that rotting process is a little more miserable.

I missed that statement entirely the first time I saw the episode.

And yes, they're going to need a new sheriff. Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
I missed that as well. Were John and Rip going to the that particular Diner to meet the Sheriff? I thought that they had stopped to eat and it was just a coincidence that the Sheriff happened to be there.
John still doesn't seem to know that Jamie's 'real Dad' put that guy up to it. If he did he would not have been so nice to him in the Diner.

FYI - Paramount is going to be running a marathon of Yellowstone starting 12/30 and, I presume, ending with this season's finale Sunday night.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed with many of the comments here.
The season started ok & has just turned lackluster & slow.

There's a lot to get done in the finale, unless they're planning on cliffhanger-ing it for the next season.

Jimmy & the rodeo-ing take up too much screen time & don't really add anything to the overall story.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimmy & the rodeo-ing take up too much screen time & don't really add anything to the overall story.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That allows screen time for Taylor and his show ponies. Not interested. Hitchcock was in his movies for a brief second and he had no lines. Wish Taylor would take his cue. As TMATs said POOR research.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
This show is like Sons of Anarchy meets Dynasty set as a western. Beautiful scenery. Love the horses.

My least favorite part is when the barrel racers started living in the bunkhouse. Overall I like the show.

Temporary suspension of disbelief is what allows TV watching to be fun. There are documentaries galore to watch if fiction ain't your thing.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Its like a WOKE version of the old TV show BONANZA.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of but no Chinese cook and way more drama. Bonanza had no hott chicks. You think Costner will end up selling ambulance insurance like Lorne Green?

posted Hide Post
Decent 90-minute season finale. A few more loops closed. (or opened depending on how you look at it)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post