SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Album cover art: The iconic covers, your favorite, etc
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Album cover art: The iconic covers, your favorite, etc Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, this is also (see Molly Hatchett) a Frank Frazetta cover! Be sure to check out the audience members on the back cover. RIP Frank.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Here's a few I consider iconic covers:

Interesting factoid you may not have known. This album cover was designed by Phil Hartman of SNL fame, who was schooled in graphic art. He was the brother of Poco’s manager, John Hartmann (Phil dropped the 2nd “n”).

Hartman did several album covers, including Steely Dan (the Aja cover), CS&N, America and Firesign Theater.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Interesting factoid you may not have known.

Thanks, I did not know that.

What makes this particular album cover iconic for me is that I had a buddy whose college roommate painted a large replica of this album art on the wall of their dorm room (6’ x 6’). So, in addition to being a great album, the cover is a ”bookmark” of that period of my life.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post