SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Album cover art: The iconic covers, your favorite, etc
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Album cover art: The iconic covers, your favorite, etc Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Is that real? Big Grin

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

What? No love for The Who’s Quadrophenia?

Love the album and cover art.

Also these-

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Is that real? Big Grin
Yeah, it's on YouTube. Ken Snyder, gospel stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sorry about messing around earlier. Big Grin

There are two albums that I got because the album covers were so epic.

The first was Extraterrestrial Live by Blue Öyster Cult

The next was Rising Force by Yngwie J. Malmsteen

The music is as epic as the album covers!

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

AFAIK, this is an 80’s re-issue (numbered) cover.
The original was completely white and was hard to tell who was the recording artist.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12112 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You know what might be cool? Cool
Take one wall of a decent sized man-cave and paper it with album covers.
Not to lose all the original LP Covers we might have to scan them and print them out but at least it's an idea. Smile

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That would be one interesting room!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is my music room. I should have posted Frandsen de Schomberg’s art used on the “Layla” album cover in my original post. I don’t have the wall space for a bunch of album covers, and those that ARE up all mean something to me.

[

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
This is my music room. I should have posted Frandsen de Schomberg’s art used on the “Layla” album cover in my original post. I don’t have the wall space for a bunch of album covers, and those that ARE up all mean something to me.

Sorry about the size. I can’t resize from my iPad, and it’s just not convenient to get on our desktop right now. I’ll resize later, if that’s ok.

Wasn’t familiar with Jimi’s portrait. I love it!

Nice and tasteful wall u got there. Congrats!

0-0

Posts: 12112 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

This one freaked me out back in the day.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
quote:

Sorry about the size. I can’t resize from my iPad, and it’s just not convenient to get on our desktop right now. I’ll resize later, if that’s ok.

Wasn’t familiar with Jimi’s portrait. I love it!

Nice and tasteful wall u got there. Congrats!

0-0

The Hendrix album is Both Sides of the Sky, released in 2018. It’s a 13 track album with 10 previously unreleased recordings. The tracks feature both Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsies lineups. It’s not a great album from start to finish, but…it does contain a few recordings that I’m really glad to have.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Another fav:

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Hendrix album is Both Sides of the Sky, released in 2018. It’s a 13 track album with 10 previously unreleased recordings. The tracks feature both Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsies lineups. It’s not a great album from start to finish, but…it does contain a few recordings that I’m really glad to have.

Turns out i have the album in my collection but dur to the size of the small pic i never registered it. Will listen to the album now tgat i found that not only i got it but also a pre-release with just 4 songs too.

Back in the vinyl days art cover was much more enjoyable.

Thanks for replying.

0-0

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/hRk0fbaTmhE

Maybe some of you crossed paths with this amazing and exquisitely illustrated book/album by Dave Greenslade and other artists. The Pentateuch of Cosmology.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
To me, THE iconic album cover is Dark Side Of The Moon.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always loved this as a kid, not sure why?

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Here's a few I consider iconic covers:

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post