SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Songs that never really needed to be written.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Songs that never really needed to be written. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
It was an itty bitty teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini.

Every things OK on the LBJ.

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus last night.

I found a million dollar baby in a five and ten cent store.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anything by Bananarama

and this...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
This. Just a little too creepy

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was an itty bitty teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini.

We seem to be in agreement here.

To add another, I would say the dog version of Jingle Bells, although it's not the song itself, but that particular cover. I feel like covering my ears every Christmas.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Cars for Kids Mad Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Two songs like that came immediately to mind. I call these "songs that don't take long to write" because of the excessively repeated lyric.

Weird Al Yankovic parodied it.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I just learned today that this was the very first video broadcast on MTV in 1981. Really stupid

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fish Heads

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Any modern pop country songs that you can play the drinking game with the lyrics.

Choose any of these hat and tight jean wearing, three chord troubadours you like. Play their album from track one. Take a shot every time they sing the words "moonlight, moonshine, tailgate, truck, boots, beer, huntin', fishin', or gurl (yes, girl with a u), and try to remain conscious as long as you can.

You won't get past track 2 without severe alcohol poisoning or passing out.

Alternatively, you could play the game where you take a shot every time the cowboy crooner plays something other than C, F, or G, on the $5000 guitar he carries everywhere, and you'll be sober enough after the entire album to drive the church bus to bible school.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I can’t agree with T-Rex and “Bang a Gong.” Back in the day, that was big medicine. Yeah, I have the album. Guess I better listen to it again; it’s been a long time.

Ok, I don’t care for the live version posted by LS1 GTO at all. Here’s what I grew up with

“Will you daunce, take a chaunceBig Grin

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe no one has named “MacArthur Park”.

It’s simply the most wretched song ever recorded.

WHO writes a song about a green-frosted cake being left in the rain?

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
I can’t believe no one has named “MacArthur Park”.

It’s simply the most wretched song ever recorded.

WHO writes a song about a green-frosted cake being left in the rain?

It's not on any play list I have, but I don't mind listening to it once in a while. Cryptic lyrics for sure but they relate to a lost love who married another, with the ceremony held in the park and it rained while he watched from afar.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Anything by Bananarama

aww man... this isn't even a guilty pleasure. I feel no guilt at all about loving Cruel Summer.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We Built This City by Starship

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, this one made me want to jump out of a window.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Oh man, I can’t agree with T-Rex and “Bang a Gong.” Back in the day, that was big medicine. Yeah, I have the album. Guess I better listen to it again; it’s been a long time.

Ok, I don’t care for the live version posted by LS1 GTO at all. Here’s what I grew up with

“Will you daunce, take a chaunceBig Grin

I appreciate the T. Rex original, but I’m still partial to the Power Station.

https://youtu.be/O2vHbXI2p4k

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post