SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Obi Wan had a chance at love. Good story there.

Maybe he succeeded? = Rey?

Someone didn’t see The Last Jedi. It was explained that her parents were nobodies.

I doubt thats true. JJ will retcon that in episode 9 I bet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Even though I have been a rabid star wars fan my entire life I refuse to watch another movie made by the Disney pussies.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Disney has announced there will be an Obi Wan series on the new Disney streaming channel. Ewan McGregor will be Obi Wan.

So there will be a Mandolorian show, an Obi Wan show, and a Cassion Andor show. Lets hope they are better than the last POS movie.

Spoiler alert, Cassion dies in Rogue One so don't get so attached. Oh, and Obi Wan too. And Vader is Luke and Leia's **gasp** FATHER?!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I can see the next series being about Chewbacca. Bigfoot with a gun.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Obi Wan had a chance at love. Good story there.

Maybe he succeeded? = Rey?

Well. His love interest is murdered in that story arc. It's really well done, IMO. I think Dave Filoni and his team really nailed Obi Wan in that particular story in Clone Wars, if not that series entirely.

It's worth watching if someone has even a passing interest in the Star Wars universe and what could have been regarding Disney.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can see the next series being about Chewbacca.

Ugh. That would fit right in with Disney:

"You've all seen him as a walking carpet. You've laughed as he ripped arms off of droids, and slayed countless Storm Troopers with his bow-caster. You grew to love his family in the Star Wars Christmas Special!

Now, for the first time ever, come ride along as we get to see, for the first time ever on the big screen:

TEEN CHEWIE - Wook Out Below!

Witness his hilarious pranks! Laugh as he and his friends come up with CRAAAAAZY ideas!

*A bunch of aliens pour sugar into young-Jaba's fuel tank* "I'll GET YOU KIDS AND YOUR MANGEY NERF HERDERS!"

COMING CHRISTMAS 2021!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
The new trailer just dropped! Looks promising.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:

That actually looks pretty bad-ass and much better than I expected. I do question the number of Star Wars spin-off shows they are pumping out and think fatigue may set in for all but the most hardcore SW nerds which aren't enough IMO.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:

No offense, I mean, I would never yuck someone's yum (except pineapple on pizza which a HARD NO GO], but the Book of Boba Fett looked promising and made me want to build a time machine and punch out George Lucas to stop the insanity Star Wars has become. I've said before, me personally, I've stopped being a fool for the next Star Wars thing.

quote:

That actually looks pretty bad-ass and much better than I expected. I do question the number of Star Wars spin-off shows they are pumping out and think fatigue may set in for all but the most hardcore SW nerds which aren't enough IMO.

I literally have thousands of dollars (cash) invested and ten thousand hours (conservatively) into the Star Wars universe. I'm at least in the upper 5% on the Nerd scale raising two little nerds. I speak, I think, for many of my generation (I'm 53 later this month) of fellow Nerds: Enough. F@*king fix your shit Disney. F@8king do right by your fans. Have your GD writing make sense. Have plots that make sense. Have good, crisp, stories without political bullshit and adding more "holy shit that was awesome!" than "WTF?'s" and then maybe I'll watch. Maybe. But you are officially in TIME OUT.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*SIGH* more SW filler material. The real problem is that everyone knows Obi-Wan survives, Darth Vader survives, Luke grows up not knowing who he is, and the Empire never finds Obi-Wan hiding out on Tatooine, so what actual drama is there?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the trailer.....but the whole time I was watching it, I was chanting, "Please don't suck, please don't suck" over and over again in reference to the series. I was bitterly disappointed with the Book Coloring Magazine of Boba Fett

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they have done a much better job with the last 2 outings of the Star Wars series-Mando and Boba, then the abominations they called the last 3 movie trilogies. I would like to see a Darth Vader series when he got the gear on, like they did with Rogue One.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I hope they don’t Boba Fett this mother fucker and actually spend some cash to make a great series. “Hope” is all I have left for fucking Disney.

Ewan doesn’t age man. Some of his recent films I’m like dude you don’t look a lot different than you did in Trainspotting. I think the wrinkles in this trailer are either painted on by a makeup artist or the guy is finally aging. Either way the best actor so far in any of this Star Wars Disney trash.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
“Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” – Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My takeaway from this trailer is that it's going to be interesting seeing new Sith but I'm also going to be wondering why there aren't any Sith beyond Vader and the Emperor in the original trilogy.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Is Kennedy still reigning at Lucas? If so I have no hope for this. She is a pox on everything she touches.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Star Wars was the 2nd movie I ever saw in a theater, Jaws was the first. Not a bad way to start huh? I have been a SW nerd ever since. Watched every movie, multiple times, read every book. I was so hopeful when Disney bought the rights. Mixed results for me. Rogue One was excellent, parts of the Force Awakens was great, Mandalorian good for the most part. The rest, meh. I am guilty of wanting it to be good. To bring me back to my childhood when I was amazed. I will watch Obi, big EM fan, but my hope is tempered by what they have produced thus far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Covid, market tank, covid, murder hornets, covid, national division/subversion, covid, covid, Ukraine war, market tank. Maybe nuclear/chemical war...

Another SW series? Fuck it. I'll take it.

Admittedly, it's hard for me to understand how they can cause weakness in such an easy formula. Greed and wokeness are the answer of course, but I don't speak that language. But I've for 40 minutes once a week on weeknights. So, bring it.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm another person who WANTS it to be good. Ewan is an excellent actor and let's hope that is enough to not make it suck...hopefully.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Help us, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're our only hope...

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post