SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness the Rebels cartoon series went under the radar and escaped Kennedy's woke police force and had writers that actually used some imagination and thought.


No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
 
Posts: 3214 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
watched ep4....good lord, arguably the worst live-action Star Wars show/movie ever made, the show is already flawed but, this one was remarkable.

The show is completely retconning the Kenobi/Vader relationship by creating all manor of potholes of established stories. Like the Boba Fett show, the show's main character is simply a supporting character and the overall story/directing/editing is defective.
 
Posts: 12648 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I REALLY don't like prequels. And the more of this tripe they slop out, the less I like it. It's already hard to keep track of where in the timeline all these shows take place. But, then, they have to completely ignore the established timelines and cram in other BS just for the sake of drama.

I get it - people like Darth Vader. But, hey, Lucas killed him in 1983. Kinda too late to go back and have the "Vader and Palps Show." Marvel did it fairly well with the Black Widow movie, and Vader's role in Rogue One was pretty good, but it has been overdone.

It was bad enough dealing with the mess that Eps 1-3 did (Obi Wan having no recollection of 'owning a droid' before, ESPECIALLY when the prequels showed he spent three freaking movies dealing with R2D2. Every episode they make of this show just adds more plot holes and inconsistencies. It wouldn't be bad, per se, if they were careful and did it well. But, they are NOT doing it well. They are just slapping stories together for the sake of making a quick (and risk-free, they think) buck.

Boba Fett, Obi Wan, and soon Andor. All dead characters that they feel the need to star in their own shows. Let the past go and move on with the future. Star Wars is such an incredibly diverse and immense universe that there are untold (new) stories waiting to be told. They did an amazing job with those anime-styled shorts. But, didney worl seems to be too risk-averse, and keeps going back to the 'beloved' characters. Let them rest in peace, already. . .

People keep clamoring for a Babylon 5 reboot. I advise them of the ancient proverb: "Be careful what you ask for - you might get it." In retrospect, I believe we would all be better off without ever having a Boba Fett or Obi Wan show.



Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
 
Posts: 21545 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Wow. That last episode was cartoonish except that is insulting to cartoons. Continuity be damned. This is a steaming pile of shit.
 
Posts: 5147 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
People keep clamoring for a Babylon 5 reboot.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 16336 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The difference between Babylon 5 and Star Wars is no one would accept Babylon 5 without jms and jms will walk from a project if he's getting too much interference from a network or a producer.
 
Posts: 2868 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Can’t have B5 without G’Kar, so no.
 
Posts: 2800 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I love Star Wars. Disney came out with too much too fast. The new series is okay.
 
Posts: 1292 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Welp, at least episode 5 had some action, but still eye rolling storytelling. Thing keep happening that make little logical sense, except for story purposes. Plus, Anakin/Vader has two chances to kill someone, and still can’t finish the job?
 
Posts: 2800 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:


Disney came out with too much too fast.



They paid a shitload of money for the Star Wars franchise and are now trying to make it back by pumping out lots of content, too bad they're ruining the canon along the way.

Vader and Kenobi had CLEARLY not seen each other in like 25 years or so in A New Hope, but apparently that's all out the window now.


 
Posts: 30264 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

They paid a shitload of money for the Star Wars franchise and are now trying to make it back by pumping out lots of content, too bad they're ruining the canon along the way.


Yep, see below. Quantity not quality is their goal. They don’t understand that they are running it into the ground. I’m watching EP 1-6 currently as I’m shutting down the app next Wed morning at approximately 12:45 to 1am permanently and for the first time in my life, Disney is ruining the original trilogy for me.

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series (Premieres May 27, 2022)
Star Wars: Andor TV Series (August 31, 2022)
Tales of the Jedi Animated TV Series (Fall 2022)
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 (Fall 2022)
The Mandalorian: Season 3 (February 2023)
Young Jedi Adventures Animated TV Series (Spring 2023)
Star Wars: Visions - Volume 2 (Spring 2023)
Star Wars: Ahsoka TV Series (2023)
Star Wars Skeleton Crew (formerly "Grammar Rodeo") TV Series (2023)
Star Wars: The Acolyte TV Series (TBD)
Star Wars: Lando TV Series (In Development)
Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie (In Development)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie (In Development)
The Book of Boba Fett: Season 2 (Status Unknown)
Kevin Feige's Star Wars Movie (Status Unknown)
Untitled J.D. Dillard/Matt Owens Movie (Status Unknown)



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 11443 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

She's going to get a redemption arc that will be the blueprint for Vader. He learned it by watching her.

That's my guess anyway.


^^^Nailed it.
 
Posts: 8117 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

They paid a shitload of money for the Star Wars franchise and are now trying to make it back by pumping out lots of content, too bad they're ruining the canon along the way.


Yep, see below. Quantity not quality is their goal. They don’t understand that they are running it into the ground. I’m watching EP 1-6 currently as I’m shutting down the app next Wed morning at approximately 12:45 to 1am permanently and for the first time in my life, Disney is ruining the original trilogy for me.

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series (Premieres May 27, 2022)
Star Wars: Andor TV Series (August 31, 2022)
Tales of the Jedi Animated TV Series (Fall 2022)
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 (Fall 2022)
The Mandalorian: Season 3 (February 2023)
Young Jedi Adventures Animated TV Series (Spring 2023)
Star Wars: Visions - Volume 2 (Spring 2023)
Star Wars: Ahsoka TV Series (2023)
Star Wars Skeleton Crew (formerly "Grammar Rodeo") TV Series (2023)
Star Wars: The Acolyte TV Series (TBD)
Star Wars: Lando TV Series (In Development)
Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie (In Development)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie (In Development)
The Book of Boba Fett: Season 2 (Status Unknown)
Kevin Feige's Star Wars Movie (Status Unknown)
Untitled J.D. Dillard/Matt Owens Movie (Status Unknown)


Jeez freaking Louise

All they need is a series for that little dude that was Jabba the Hutt‘s sidekick; the little critter that laughed maniacally Big Grin


 
Posts: 30264 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Welp, at least episode 5 had some action, but still eye rolling storytelling. Thing keep happening that make little logical sense, except for story purposes. Plus, Anakin/Vader has two chances to kill someone, and still can’t finish the job?

When he split her saber in two, I thought we were gonna see Count Dooku, Part II. But I guess that would have been too gory for television.

I don't understand why people don't hold the saber in the general direction of their intended victim and then charge the blade. Why must they always telegraph their intentions?

Still, a good episode compared with the rest.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 17605 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
...
I don't understand why people don't hold the saber in the general direction of their intended victim and then charge the blade. Why must they always telegraph their intentions?

Still, a good episode compared with the rest.


Same reason Olympic fencing doesn't get a lot of TV time, even during the Olympics and when the USA has it's very rare wins. Good fencers learn fast to not signal their intentions, and the action can happen so fast the even line judges can miss what happened. And on the small screen the moves can be hard to follow for even experienced fencers. But for TV, big glowing swords and over exaggerated moves makes for thrilling action and the audience can follow the action a lot easier.


Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
 
Posts: 24324 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Best episode of the series, that said, the series is still a horrible disaster that evidences many of the key players in this production aren't Star Wars fans nor, understand how to retain/respect the existing material, let alone have any competence in story writing, editing or, directing.

Vader letting her 'bleed out' on the planet...nope. The way they're portraying him, arguably at the high of his powers, a one-man Jedi-wrecking crew, right after toying with Reva, nope she gets executed right then and there. There's no open-ended chances but....Hollywood
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

Disney came out with too much too fast.



They paid a shitload of money for the Star Wars franchise and are now trying to make it back by pumping out lots of content, too bad they're ruining the canon along the way.

They made their money back with ep7-9, the international market insured the high return. All the content they're pushing out now for both SW and Marvel, is to justify Disney+ channel; new episodes every day, every week! Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 12648 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Actually, Disney hadn't recouped their $4.1 billion purchase with 7-9. They only got to keep half the money (and less from China) plus the cost of actually making them.
 
Posts: 2868 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I was disliking this until last night's episode. The ending gave me a nerdgasm.





Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
 
Posts: 33076 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie (In Development)


I'm actually looking forward to this. I've enjoyed every one of his movies.
 
Posts: 1170 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Vader was a little over the top in that last one.
 
Posts: 17303 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series

© SIGforum 2022