SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Disney has announced there will be an Obi Wan series on the new Disney streaming channel. Ewan McGregor will be Obi Wan.

So there will be a Mandolorian show, an Obi Wan show, and a Cassion Andor show. Lets hope they are better than the last POS movie.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, of course there will be, because the whores who run Disney wouldn't even think of missing out on making a dime by squeezing every last bit out of Star Wars. Quantity, not quality. You got a quarter? They want it.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Disney streaming channel. Another likely channel added to the list of channels I don't get.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You take that back! Solo was way better than The Last Jedi! Well, everything except L3-37...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Solo was way better than The Last Jedi!

Solo was a piece of dog shit. If there's something worse than dog shit, that's what The Last Jedi is.

In my opinion, of course.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You take that back! Solo was way better than The Last Jedi! Well, everything except L3-37...

Well, yes you are correct, I wasn't thinking. Solo was after the turd.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
There was a line in the sci-fi series “Dark Matter” where they are talking about going to see a movie, “Star Wars: Episode 26” or something like that...
Yes, Disney is absolutely going to run this franchise into the ground.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After Rogue One, everything else was garbage. Disney will kill Star Wars to the point it won't be tolerable anymore.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Maybe Disney should take a look at the utter failure of their "Star Wars Experience" at their theme park, and take a hint.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Yes, Disney is absolutely going to run this franchise into the ground.

They basically already have. The Last Jedi was the last straw for me. Not another dime to Disney for anything to do with the franchise. And the fact that they’re putting in copyright claims on fan fiction material on YouTube and profiting off the ad revenue from amateur quality work which is better than what they’ve been producing is even more disgusting.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fuck Disney. They no longer get money from me. Like Para pretty much said, they only care about money. They don’t give a flying fuck about making quality. It’s quantity, that’s all they care about. Look at the MCU. First films were decent, solid, then one by one, shit. Disney knows they can make more money by just pumping low quality out and that’s exactly what they’ll do.

Disney purposely has been putting out their 4k discs with poor picture quality and sound quality compared to their competitors, to drive you into their streaming service, where the quality will be better. The company is a shit hole so don’t support anything that they do. It was one of the very first companies to lay off a bunch of American workers and replace them with H1B Visa Indians. They’d make their employees train the Indians (shadowing) so they could take their jobs. And if you didn’t stay and train the Indian to do your job they wouldn’t give you your severance package. And people go out in droves for whatever SuperHo bullshit they put out. Damn shame how stupid people are.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is with a lot of Disney policy changes (like only Sequel Trilogy stuff at Galaxy's End at Disney World), they were making sure that George Lucas didn't eat into any of their profit margin. Now, it seems like Disney is circling back around admitting defeat with their SJW bullshit Star Wars. This is a good video explaining this:

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m no conspiracy theorist, but seems extremely plausible.

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
George Lucas has always had some pretty good foresight on where his best earning interests would lie. He signed on with 20th Century Fox for Star Wars (and they really needed a win at the time and did well to pick up the film), but retained the licensing rights to all merchandise, which is where he made his fortune. It would make all the sense in the world if he did something similar with with Disney, gambling on them not being able top his original characters, and he was apparently correct, which makes total sense as to why they’re torpedoing the franchise.

The big problem is, Disney didn’t respect the original material or the fanbase they thought they had purchased along with the rights. They skinned the sheep instead of carefully shearing it, because, well... they bought it and it was theirs to do with as they wanted.

Get woke, go broke.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Aside from Disneys crap, I think Obi Wan sucks. His best moment was cutting the legs off Darth. Otherwise he fails all the time. Worst Jedi ever.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3856 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
His best moment was cutting the legs off Darth

Ugh. THAT MOMENT?!?! "I have the high ground."

So bad. So so so very bad.

Actually the Mandalor story arc in Clone Wars was really well done, IMO. Obi Wan had a chance at love. Good story there.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obi Wan had a chance at love. Good story there.

Maybe he succeeded? = Rey?

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Gene Siskel didn't have to see what Star Wars has become.

Year V

Posts: 2611 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Obi Wan had a chance at love. Good story there.

Maybe he succeeded? = Rey?

Someone didn’t see The Last Jedi. It was explained that her parents were nobodies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
George Lucas has always had some pretty good foresight on where his best earning interests would lie. He signed on with 20th Century Fox for Star Wars (and they really needed a win at the time and did well to pick up the film), but retained the licensing rights to all merchandise, which is where he made his fortune. It would make all the sense in the world if he did something similar with with Disney, gambling on them not being able top his original characters, and he was apparently correct, which makes total sense as to why they’re torpedoing the franchise.

The big problem is, Disney didn’t respect the original material or the fanbase they thought they had purchased along with the rights. They skinned the sheep instead of carefully shearing it, because, well... they bought it and it was theirs to do with as they wanted.

Get woke, go broke.

For the lair. Post of the year my man. Full mag into the bullseye. Kudos!