SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
First two episodes dropped. Slow burn for me.
Will wait for another before I decide.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Help me out here. Mild spoiler ahead**********

They introduced Kirk but I swear he was not James T. so who the hell was he?

Ansom Mount is the only saving grace of these last 2 shows. The bridge crew looks like a sorority for fucks sake. My wife who doesn’t watch wandered through room and commented on that after a quick 5 second look. I’m not a misogynist but for goodness sake it just jumps out at you that white males, straight white makes specifically, don’t exist in the future.

Don't worry the white males will show up....they will be wearing red shirts.

"Sam" Kirk is actually George Samuel Kirk, older brother of James T. Kirk. Sam had brief Star Fleet career.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Woke angry black female. When men are cast in Disney shit they pack on muscle, are expected to, to pull off the part of an aggressive physical role. Women? Throw it out the window, double standard. Her acting was terrible as well. Rupert stole the episodes to me and bam, he’s gone. But is he? Some Sith chamber exists I’m sure.

Then the baby again. Prequels, Mando, now this. Original trilogy didn’t center around a small child.

After watching both EP’s, I looked up the director, more woke. You can view her resume on IMDB and it’s less than impressive. Overall big meh.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Woke angry black female. When men are cast in Disney shit they pack on muscle, are expected to, to pull off the part of an aggressive physical role. Women? Throw it out the window, double standard. Her acting was terrible as well. Rupert stole the episodes to me and bam, he’s gone. But is he? Some Sith chamber exists I’m sure.

Then the baby again. Prequels, Mando, now this. Original trilogy didn’t center around a small child.

After watching both EP’s, I looked up the director, more woke. You can view her resume on IMDB and it’s less than impressive. Overall big meh.

Agreed on the meh. Had its moments but overall, meh. This from a huge Star Wars nerd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they bring him back since he had more of a story in the animation.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I like Leia. She might be the highlight of the series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I like Leia. She might be the highlight of the series.

All credit to the little girl who is acting the part, but I'm hoping against hope she's not going to be in every episode. But of course, she will. As for the angry black death monger, I agree -- very superficial acting. But acting aside, the bullshit parkour (complete with unnecessary flips) across the city rooftops was ridiculous.

The kidnapper was Flea from the Red Hot Chilly Peppers.

Little cool connection in the lyrics here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vf5wr007XA

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Turd Sistah being oppressed by the lily white jedi mastas.

And Obi Wan was a pussy.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He's broken and afraid. I think they actually have that part of Obi Wan correct for the period of time. He lost everything, and in his mind because he failed both his mentor and his apprentice who was like a little brother to him.

I agree the acting from Reva was not good. You can bet she was one of the younglings at the beginning. Otherwise she wouldn't know Anakin was Vader.

I enjoyed it, but am still watching with a mindset of waiting for the wokeness and stupid to come and ruin it.

Leia is kind of a dumb choice, they could have made up a character. Once again trying to shoehorn in legacy characters and messing things up. Then in A New Hope, its like they never met. Stupid, and bad storytelling.

I did like Owen. Showed how much he really did care about Luke, he was just a hard man with zero use for Obi Wan and his nonsense.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
watched 1/2 of episode one and I'm out. Total cluster fuck as far I'm concerned. So many over the top scenarios. I get it that it's fantasy, but a 120 lb women flying around and kicking ass? Nope, keep it somewhat real.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
watched 1/2 of episode one and I'm out. Total cluster fuck as far I'm concerned. So many over the top scenarios. I get it that it's fantasy, but a 120 lb women flying around and kicking ass? Nope, keep it somewhat real.

But she is a Sith/Jedi wannabe. And she’s angry! Roll Eyes

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My son and I are halfway through the first episode and it’s weird how shitty this is. What are these ships? Door stoppers? Leia has a droid that’s basically a little tiny earth drone?

Fricken grand inquisitor isn’t even Utapau.

Also WHY are we doing stories about Leia? Oh god how can a guy get foiled by a tree branch at his knees?!?

WTF is this….

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
My son and I are halfway through the first episode and it’s weird how shitty this is. What are these ships? Door stoppers? Leia has a droid that’s basically a little tiny earth drone?

Fricken grand inquisitor isn’t even Utapau.

Also WHY are we doing stories about Leia? Oh god how can a guy get foiled by a tree branch at his knees?!?

WTF is this….

Utapau is a planet, the species is called Pau’an, and except for being a bit smaller and thicker that the GA shown in Rebels, it seemed pretty close, considering it was being played by a human being.

https://starwarsrebels.fandom.com/wiki/Pau%27an

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't the shuttle bus that Obi Wan rides to work in not have an enclosed cabin? There's two freaking suns and sand blowing everywhere, no one is gonna want to ride around in open top vehicles.
Has air conditioning technology not made it to the outer rim yet?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Why doesn't the shuttle bus that Obi Wan rides to work in not have an enclosed cabin? There's two freaking suns and sand blowing everywhere, no one is gonna want to ride around in open top vehicles.

The area of Tatooine that he’s in seems pretty rural, so they don’t seem to have the fancy stuff like the big city folks. Also, remember that Luke’s speeder was open top in ANH, so that also tracks. Thought it was interesting that it looked like the shuttle bus was a tandem, with the open top front car where Obi-Wan was, towing a second car that looked like it had a cover on top to provide shade. Guess that was the more expensive ride, but Obi-Wan was playing the poor hermit, so he sat in the cheap seats.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

LMAO! Interspace travel in hyperspace but no aircon! “Big gun” that is powered by a sun/star, but no aircon!

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying it so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
And she’s angry! Roll Eyes

Maybe she’s hangry. Could be the director said play this like you ordered a large fries and received a medium instead.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm, why is this a big newsflash to Obi-Wan that he didn’t kill Anakin? It’s quite clear in Episode III that Yoda and Obi Wan know Anakin is now Darth Vader. Are we to believe that for 10 years on Tattooine Obi Wan thought there was a different Darth Vader? Of course he knew. Let alone the whole trust your feelings stuff. Ugh.

Come on. This is lazy shit.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
And she’s angry! Roll Eyes

Maybe she’s hangry. Could be the director said play this like you ordered a large fries and received a medium instead.

Nah, she is upset, all of a sudden, that the Sith are albinos and she is not. So she is leading a double life. One is as a Sith wannabe. The other, she is a community organizer of non-Sith 3rd sisters. She feels that 3rd sisters should be at the front of all the things.