SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Vader was a little over the top in that last one.

Yeah, but that's the point. At this time, Vader is in his prime. He is SUPPOSED to be absolutely TERRIFYING. Almost ANYONE who could have stood a chance of even giving him competition is long gone. The only one to ever beat him (and lived, since TECHNICALLY Dooku beat him the first time) is beaten, hiding, disconnected, scared, and aged.

He's the baddest MF'r left, and he was already on the short list of bad MF'rs BEFORE the others were killed, and now his is on the other side.

This is textbook over the top, absolute elite Vader. That's why I liked the last episode, despite the HORRIBLE script and character development in this show.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
He’s bad alright. He force choked the wrong ship.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Vader was proper Vader this episode.

He was way too easy on the Turd Sistah.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Vader was a little over the top in that last one.

Remember he is supposed to be more powerful than even Yoda, even Palpatine was afraid of him, that's why he wanted him so badly. Even Yoda and everyone was afraid of what would happen if this kid went bad, they all knew he was off the charts powerful.

Of course though, that leads to questions like why didn't he do that to the Falcon in ESB, etc.

And the Inquisitors are not fully trained Sith, she was no way even a challenge for Vader.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

A proper Vader would have gotten the job done and not left her alive.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

A proper Vader would have gotten the job done and not left her alive.

I didn't get that either. An admiral shows bad tactical decisions, and gets forced choked to death. Third Sister betrays him and tries to kill him, and he lets her live? Total head scratcher. But it does let her find the damaged message and moves the story to Tatooine.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
quote:
... the Turd Sistah ...

Yes! She is a horrible actress.

[Soup Nazi voice]: No Academy Award for you!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
This is a dumpster fire. Kenobi was the Jedi version of a tier 1 operator and yet he let himself go for years without any training while protecting Luke from a distance. Why wasn’t turd sista killed with the other Jedi? No way Vader plays along with this for years. How did the grand inquisitor come back to life. We are supposed to be fine with turd sista cutting off a woman’s hand and killing Jedi to pursue her own personal vendetta? All this because the director needed it to happen. Not because it made any sense or even a good story.

They’re setting this up for turd sista to get her own show. She will be better than kenobi and he will be left in the gutter like Luke in last Jedi. Lucas film is filled with idiots who despise the fans and attack them when the fans criticize the terrible writing and woke messaging. My son is still interested and watching but I’m done with disney Star Wars and anything produced by Kathleen Kennedy.

The acting and the visuals are about average but horrible writing is what really drags this show down.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That EP 8 film and Solo killed the films for many or perhaps the kiss in EP9 being the icing. This series is going to do the same for the episodic stuff. It was EP8, then Solo was the coffin nail. Then Fett, and Obi Wan being the coffin nail. There is only so much bad writing and acting people can take. And with Disney going to quantity over quality I’m surprised there isn’t a droid only series at this point.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that finale was pure crap. We got the cool Obi-Wan/Vader duel we always wanted (although knowing that both would survive made it meaningless), but the rest of the episode is dumb as a bunch of rocks.

The canon of the first Star Wars movie is just ignored. No mind trick on Leia, so she remembers everything, which makes her message to old Obi-Wan in the movie not make much sense. Vader knows Obi-Wan survives and dedicates himself to finding him, but he must have gotten bored and given up pretty quickly, because in the movie he says that’s a name he hasn’t heard in a long time. And, Luke gets to meet Ben (Luke, I’d like to you meet Ben. You’ll probably never see or hear from him again because he’s going to be a hermit).

For Third Sista’, aside from her miraculous healing powers, what was her actual plan anyway? Her big plan was to get close to Vader so she could off him, but that didn’t work out, so why bother going after Luke, someone she had never heard of? What was that going to do for her? In the end though, she couldn’t go through with it, and that’s apparently enough to get a free pass from Obi-Wan for all of the Jedi and others she’s killed and tortured.

Why is anyone scared of Star Destroyers? Their shooting accuracy is as bad is a Stormtrooper, and they seem unable to catch, disable, or destroy an unarmed transport that just makes lazy turns even when they “increase firepower”. I guess they didn’t have any TIE fighters or anything? How they managed to capture Leia’s ship in the movie is beyond me.

BTW, how does time and distance work in this universe? Apparently Reva has enough time to heal up enough to get around and make it to Tatooine, while the Star Destroyer is still trying to stop a transport with a broken hyperdrive. And apparently hyperdrive is super fast so that Obi-Wan can sense Luke is in danger, jump across the galaxy, and get on the ground in about two minutes.

This entire series seems almost entirely fan service with no coherent storytelling, just like the Book of Boba Fett. I can’t believe they are doing a Season 2.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least we don’t have to wait in fevered anticipation for the next turd to arrive. Glass half full. Lol

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Oh my. I like how the Star Destroyer doesn’t have any ships onboard sans Vader’s “Shuttle”. Like they wouldn’t have a TIE fighter, another shuttle, anything, to tail the Rebels. I guess their comms don’t work either as it would be pretty simple to contact another Destroyer, hyperspace, bam. “Hey Destroyer #5, come to our coordinates and tail these Rebel fuckers cuz baddie Vader needs to go have cupcakes with Kenobi again”. Nah, it’s gotta be one or the other ship apparently with this bullshit writing. Then again with the Star Destroyer not monitoring airspace. Old Ben just gets to leave after nearly killing Vader, yet again, with zero interference. But apparently there was some kind of monitoring of that planet and Vader because he was dead, but somehow got resurrected. That means they picked his crusty ass up. At least chase Ben’s ship and write something where he has to be innovative and hit hyperspace before they catch him or something. Then 3rd Sister is all over the place. Her character was just awfully written and acted.

Rupert Friend was excellent in this and so was Sung Kang. Rest of it was shit. The writing was so bad for Ewan, that his performance was also very lackluster. This was just a cash grab for subs.

I tried, I really did, to not be an old curmudgeon. But between lame Superho films, crap SW films, and crap after crap SW series, I’m out. They don’t need my money. Plenty of suckers will still pay for it. I miss my Satellite and movie channels bad. It was so nice having all those live movie channels and randomly hit Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, and for sci-fi, a whole host of films. This streaming shit is an exercise in futility. Apple and Disney are out. Time to ponder paying that 4k Netflix money. $20 a month for a single channel is pretty stiff though.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it. I can almost get around the retooling of events but the Star Destroyer? Come on. How does the top of the line warship have difficulty stopping or destroying a fucking tramp steamer? It’s beyond ludicrous. It’s a fucking transport ship with a battleship chasing it. It’s faster, heavily armed, carries a bazillion TIE fighters but it can’t even disable this POS?

Horrible.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Who ever was responsible for that Star Destroyer/transport scene should be put to death by a Storm Tropper firing squad, so they can die a long, agonizing death from starvation.

That Star Destroyer must have received some upgrades over the next ten years to be able to capture a CR90 Corellian Corvette.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Obi Wan would have never left Vader alive. He finally realized Anakin was truly gone, all that was left was Vader, an evil POS with no redeeming qualities at all. The very definition of the dark side he spent his life fighting. No way he walks away and leaves that alive.

His shuttle was about the same size as the transport he left, didn't look right.

He should have done some Jedi mind trick on Leia or something, her walking away remembering all of this is a huge stupid plot hole.

Luke meeting Obi Wan fits, Luke talked about him, and the implication was he had met and had some occasional dealings with "old Ben" over his life.

Of course, and I had a big eye roll, its Beru who is the tough one and demands to stand and fight and not run. Girl power

Reva is still a terrible actress, and how did she know it was Luke anyway, all the message she got said was the boy on Tattoine, they suspected Obi Wan or someone was around previously but they never knew it was Owen or his kid. She didn't know who Luke was either, only Obi Wan, Yoda, and Bail knew who the kids were.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Reva is still a terrible actress, and how did she know it was Luke anyway, all the message she got said was the boy on Tattoine, they suspected Obi Wan or someone was around previously but they never knew it was Owen or his kid. She didn't know who Luke was either, only Obi Wan, Yoda, and Bail knew who the kids were.

I think that was the point of the whole interrogation in Ep 1 with Reva and Owen. So when she hears Owen and Tattoine, she jumps to the conclusion that somehow Obi Wan needs to be there. But here is the kicker: Obi Wan gave her what she wanted, a chance to kill Vader. Obi Wan set Vader up, but she wasn't strong enough to kill him. From the decision to have Vader stab her, but let her live, her story arc makes no sense. I don't get that she would then want to go after Bail and Obi Wan after that.

I really hope that Disney takes a minute and get people onboard that understand the material, like Fibroni and Favreau, to help with the story writing. Rebels, Bad Batch, and Mandolorian shows that there is still life in the property. And when someone who gets it is in charge, then it is good watching.

And that is IMHO the problem with Obi Wan and Boba Fett. Lazy writers coupled with no oversight. No one going over the work to make sure it follows canon and no one making sure it isn't insulting to their viewers.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, Star Wars writers/directors/producers fail to understand strategy and tactics. From digging trenches, full frontal gun fights, to the need to simplify fight scenes by having mano-a-mano confrontations...sigh. Disney and it's collection of wokeness can't put together a single storyline or, character; as each show comes out, it makes Rogue One and The Mandalorean the exceptional outliers.

Obi-Wan's story has been butchered and emasculated for no good reason; scenes with Vader used to be interesting but, was watered down with bad dialogue; young Leia is just too precocious to be believable and what more can be said about Third Sister. After all that she's been through in her life, utilizing the Dark Side under tutelage of Vader, the emotional pangs of redemption and sympathy come bursting forth? Eek This show was another chapter in the big book of Disappointments by Disney.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was absurd for Reva's character be obsessed with exacting revenge upon Vader for killing younglings and the temple Jedi while hunting down and killing other Jedi herself. Oh, and chopping innocent people's hands off when they don't cooperate.
Then she's just forgiven by Obi-Wan like she made some harmless mistake. The same dumb thing was done with Scarlett Witch in Universe of Madness. Yeah, you killed innocent people, but that's all in the past now.
Just stupid, incredibly lazy writing.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the writing on this show was just terrible.

Overall I liked the final 2 episodes enough to save the show from TOTAL disaster.

I hated the first 4 episodes.

Overall disappointed, but the last episodes redeemed it enough that I am not going to riot.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Terrific review of the lightsaber fights in the show:

https://youtu.be/c5oVk2RR4-c

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post