SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
My takeaway from this trailer is that it's going to be interesting seeing new Sith but I'm also going to be wondering why there aren't any Sith beyond Vader and the Emperor in the original trilogy.

They aren’t really Sith. They are the Inquisitors trained by Darth Vader is the Star Wars: Rebels series set before Episode 4. They seek out and find Jedi that survived Order 66. It’s said they ceased to exist before Episode 4, so likely Vader kills them all after they serve their purpose.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation. I wonder if we'll get to see the eradication of the Inquisitors in the series. Also, there was a screenshot comparison online of the lead Inquisitor and it's a terrible omission to not have given him glowing eyes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see, we'll see....

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
My takeaway from this trailer is that it's going to be interesting seeing new Sith but I'm also going to be wondering why there aren't any Sith beyond Vader and the Emperor in the original trilogy.

Inquisitors! Could be awesome.. could be.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I wonder if we'll get to see the eradication of the Inquisitors in the series. Also, there was a screenshot comparison online of the lead Inquisitor and it's a terrible omission to not have given him glowing eyes.

Some may already be explained, depending on when exactly this is in the timeline, a few inquisitors have already been dealt with in other shows / video games.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Another new trailer! Woohoo!

May the 4th be with you!

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The antagonist, LMAO. Hopefully she’ll be a lesbian so the circle will not be complete!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have no excitement, no anticipation for this.

Once it comes out, if it's good, then I'll get excited. The executive producers list isn't encouraging. Everyone involved, with the exception of Debra Chow, has been involved in some terrible projects that had dogshit writing and gave the middle finger to any/all source material involved.

Hell. Michelle Rejwan was involved in Star Wars Episodes 7, 9, and is involved in a 2022 Willow remake.

They feel the need to remake Willow. Willow.

This has an epic uphill battle if it expects to break free of the woke-mold.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Happily sit here in wait-and-see mode. I still remember sitting in a movie theater for no other reason that I knew this trailer would be playing for the very first time.

The trailer is amazing, they fooled me.

To quote The Who, “Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I expect this to be another woke series with every gender and ethnicity in attendance so we don't hurt anyone's sensitive little buttholes.
After Bad Batch and Book of Fett being such miserable piles of bantha foodoo I'll be sitting the rest out.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Seems to be more about the black woman than Kenobi or anyone else.

An angry black female lead character, how original Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
After Bad Batch and Book of Fett being such miserable piles of bantha foodoo I'll be sitting the rest out.

Bad Batch is great, IMO. Well worth a watch. It wraps up Camino pretty nicely and the team is fun to watch. Even Crosshair struggles with his decisions and ultimately comes across as a well-written and conflicted character.

Boba Fett was trash.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad Batch was much better than Book of Boba Fett. The Omega character was annoying, but got a little more tolerable over tome (in much the same way the Ezra was annoying in Rebels).

The problem I have with this new series is the same problem I had with the Solo movie. It’s a story that no one asked for. You already know Obi Wan, Vader, Luke and his aunt and uncle, all survive, and Vader and the Empire never figure out he was hiding on Tatooine. So basically, you know how it’s going to end up. We’ve already seen a lot of the post-Order 66 world in the last season of Clone wars, in Rebels, and Bad Batch, to name a few, so do we still need to see another story? Plus, we’ve already seen the new big baddies, the Inquisitors, not being very successful against Jedi in Rebels, so it’s hard to take them as a serious threat to Obi Wan.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What I'd have liked to have seen in Bad Batch was more of the Jedi aftermath from order 66. Refugees, ronin padawans, and such.
And they turned into Space A-Team with the mission of the week episodes which got tiresome and didn't further their story any.
I could have forgiven that if they would have deleted the terrible lizard lady from Jersey as the bar owner and had Hando being the one sending them on errands with shady promises of payment.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Star War deep background stories are becoming tiresome. While Rouge One set the standard for this genre, what's followed has been mildly entertaining at-best. While I was hopeful that Disney acquiring LucasFilm would bring not only more capitol but more creativity, what's resulted has been mildly entertaining and on occasion, insulting. The only original stories that have come forward has been Din Jarin; the three sequels were CGI-orgies that lacked any compelling characters or, plots, meanwhile the cartoons have exceeded the live-action projects in newness and world building.

We'll see Obi Wan

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

While Rouge One set the standard for this genre

ROGUE Wink

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
^^^

HA! That gave me a much needed laugh today

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or did OWK age rapidly during LSW teenage years?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
The Star War deep background stories are becoming tiresome. While Rouge One set the standard for this genre, what's followed has been mildly entertaining at-best. While I was hopeful that Disney acquiring LucasFilm would bring not only more capitol but more creativity, what's resulted has been mildly entertaining and on occasion, insulting. The only original stories that have come forward has been Din Jarin; the three sequels were CGI-orgies that lacked any compelling characters or, plots, meanwhile the cartoons have exceeded the live-action projects in newness and world building.

Star Trek has the same problem. I think it comes down to fear. The execs are afraid to make a new show set in the 'present' (from a continuity perspective; for ST, it would be after Voyager returned to Earth; for SW, it would probably be after the events of Episode 9). Instead, they try to cash in on 'nostalgia.' The newest Trek show, Strange New Worlds, is set on the original Enterprise BEFORE Kirk's 5-year mission. They have 'spock,' 'kirk,' and 'uhura' cast so far (I don't have Paramount+, so I couldn't watch the show if I wanted to). I think they believe that having these 'familiar' characters will help the show succeed instead of doing something risky like world-building. Maybe they got burned by Voyager and Enterprise? From my perspective, those two shows weren't nearly as good as TNG or DS9 (and a lot of TrekNerds talk bad about DS9, too). They both had new characters, and even though Enterprise was a prequel, it had all new characters and didn't rely on harvesting characters and plots from the original 1966 show.

I've read a bunch of on-line articles indicating they are trying too hard to cash in on nostalgia. Personally, I hate prequels They are too limiting and don't carry the story forward. At least Disco has done so, after two solid seasons of being set as a prequel. They jumped over 1000 years into the future (or so; not sure how far - but far enough that EVERYBODY in the Trek universe we know is dead) for the 3/4th seasons. NOW, they are 'world building' and carrying the story forward. But, Strange New Worlds is already 'locked in' (we KNOW Pike ends up like a potato, Kirk gets command of the Enterprise, etc etc etc). So much for any suspense and/or drama. At least on TNG, they killed off Tasha Yar. Apparently, the only reason they did so was the actress wanted out of the show; but at least they did what no other Trek show has done before or since - permanently killed off a major character during a 'regular' season.

As for Star Wars, I agree that the ONLY new thing they've done (aside from the animated shows) is introduce Mando. They even brought him into the Boba Fett show since that one was such a train wreck. Guess what - I neither WANT nor NEED an 'origin story' for any established characters. I don't CARE what Obi Wan did in the desert for 20 years waiting for Luke to grow up. I didn't care or want to know how Vader came to be. Just wait - they will try to give standalone shows to R2 and c3po (I HATE c3po!!! - not the actor; the character) next, since they have remained popular with the fanbase.

TV shows (to me, at least) are like sharks. Move forward or die. These current shows are too afraid to move into undeveloped territory and instead some analytical doofus says "Hey, fans like Character X. I know we killed him off 30 years ago, but hey, let's make a new prequel show explaining how he got that scar above his left eyebrow. Fans will LOVE it!. . . "

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help me out here. Mild spoiler ahead**********

They introduced Kirk but I swear he was not James T. so who the hell was he?

Ansom Mount is the only saving grace of these last 2 shows. The bridge crew looks like a sorority for fucks sake. My wife who doesn’t watch wandered through room and commented on that after a quick 5 second look. I’m not a misogynist but for goodness sake it just jumps out at you that white males, straight white makes specifically, don’t exist in the future.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post