SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Watched EP3 and Orguss, more strutting by the 3rd sista. She is in a ship, lands at Vader’s little home, and strutted all the way down the parking garage which seemed like a couple football fields in length. Maybe the director Chow is a big fan of Saturday Night Live’s sequel, Staying Alive, and that film was the inspiration for the strutting.

What was funny was the lady shooting a barrel or whatever and starting a fire. Like Vader couldn’t force jump over that shit and kill Kenobi. Or just do some force bullshit forcing wind or something to blow the flames out. It was extremely silly.

I’m also tired of this same deal. Disney is all hey we’ll make Luke a big pussy. Now they are applying the same methodology to Ben. Old, tired, weak, no skills. I thought these were Jedis not simps.

And killing off Rupert was stupid. He was the most intriguing character and provided the best acting so far, even better than Ewan. Sung Kang is the only reason I’m watching now. He is really pulling his character off. And I hope Rupert makes a comeback of some kind as he was killing his role as well and too big of an actor to just kill off after two episodes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Now if you criticize the terrible acting by the Turd Sistuh, you are racist.

Either she is a shit actor or the part is written shitty for her. Either way, the character is more irritating than child Leia.

I get what they are trying to accomplish with the part, making her over eager/ambitious like Anikin was in Attack of the Clones on his path to the dark side. However, she is way over the top with it.

She is nowhere to be seen in A New Hope and nobody is hunting the Jedi down, so we can assume she got force choked somewhere along the way by Darth Vader for fucking up.

She is there for the BLM and Twatter crowd, and that’s it. Acting chops, pulling off a role, have nothing to do with it. Thandie Newton could have pulled the role off as long as she prepped in the gym. She has sci-fi experience and has the acting skill. In fact there are a number of high quality black actresses who could have done a 10X better job. But Disney is cheap man. It’s why they use a bunch of has beens or little knowns so they don’t have to pay and they can make all the $.

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Just an internet rumor, but I hear Vader kills her in the last episode.

Wouldn’t be surprised. She’s not around for SW:Rebels, unlike the other inquisitors shown, so somehow she’s out of the picture. Either redemption arc, or dead, although give how throughly unlikable the character is, probably the latter.

No, it's probably much worse. She's gonna fail upward, and gets promoted to middle management. Razz

She's going to get a redemption arc that will be the blueprint for Vader. He learned it by watching her.

That's my guess anyway.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My 14yo son and I just watched episode 3. At one point when Vader was force-dragging Obiwan through the fire, my son stood up and said,

“When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.”

..and walked out of the room. He's so pissed about Disney Star Wars.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Or just do some force bullshit forcing wind or something to blow the flames out.

He did just that 30 seconds earlier. He force pushed Obi Wan out of the flames and the wind from it killed the flames. The whole point was to show he could have killed the flames, but chose not to and he let Obi Wan go.

How about the laser gate? They show a trooper’s body get cut in half falling on the laser gate. Ooo! So dangerous! Obi Wan flips the switch, the gate doesn’t turn off, so he shoots the control panel. Why didn’t they just walk around the gate? There’s a 3' gap on the one side and a 10’ gap on the guard tower side.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wait…what?

So this new series has Obi Wan Kenobi meeting Vader BEFORE A New Hope?

I thought it was pretty clearly laid out that Ben Kenobi meeting him in ANH was the first since he sliced and diced him and left him to die in Ep III?

WTAF, Disney Roll Eyes

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
How about the laser gate? They show a trooper’s body get cut in half falling on the laser gate. Ooo! So dangerous! Obi Wan flips the switch, the gate doesn’t turn off, so he shoots the control panel. Why didn’t they just walk around the gate? There’s a 3' gap on the one side and a 10’ gap on the guard tower side.

I know. It’s just bad writing, plot or situation holes, and general bullshit. Your other comment, yeah I’ll admit you’re probably right. He chose to let him go and they’ll explain next episode. Something or other that he’s not worth killing as he’s old and weak or something. Hard sell though either way when he just force choked a bunch of fools on the street killing some of them. But Obi Wan who sliced him up and left him to burn to death gets a pass while innocent bystanders are choked to death? Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Wait…what?

So this new series has Obi Wan Kenobi meeting Vader BEFORE A New Hope?

I thought it was pretty clearly laid out that Ben Kenobi meeting him in ANH was the first since he sliced and diced him and left him to die in Ep III?

WTAF, Disney Roll Eyes

It was and you are correct. His kid above even said the hell with it and left the room. That should really tell you something about how bad it is.

But I tell you what, I was watching some Auralnauts last night. Their videos keep popping up on you boob and they are so hilarious I keep watching them. I hadn’t realized they’ve been making fun of Disney produced SW the entire time as well as the prequels.

One video came up as a result and it was Mark Hamill interviews, the whole thing. Pretty clear he was disgusted with Disney (even wearing some Disney t-shirt his son designed that was basically shitting on the Disney logo) and the entire thing. He said one thing in an interview that rang true. Movie production now is not about making “good” or high quality film. It’s just about the $. He referenced Bay’s Transformers series and how nobody he knows said any of them were good films but they made truck loads of $. So they absolutely do not care about quality or writing decent stories. All they care about is the money. In this current Idiocracy world how would you make the most money? You’d make something that is the lowest common denominator. Something where it’s easy to dub it or interpret it in other languages. And simpleton shit so even dumb dumbs don’t need a backstory or historical in that universe information. Little thought required. That’s a change from the past and what many of us are used to. They used to make film to make money sure, but also to make good film. Those 2 goals aligned with each other. Let’s make a great film because if it’s great it will make money. Think Forest Gump or something. Great writing, great story, historical tie-ins, and written universally so everyone can enjoy but not dumbed down (no pun intended) for China even though ironically China is featured in part of the film. That’s why the original trilogy was so damn successful. Now, it’s like sports where computations, analytics, decide what and how it’s made. Quality, incredible writing, meh. High quality director, meh. That shit costs too much and this POS company is all about extracting a nickel out of a penny and everything else is secondary. Look at their bullshit in Florida, flip flopping. Disney don’t give a fuck about anything but Disney. And that means cash, nothing else matters. If one of these TV shows they make contradict Lucas’s stories, they don’t care. Lucas is out of the picture, they own it all, and they’ll do what that damn well please and whatever bullshit they think will get the cash.

Mando S2 had some good episodes. Boba had 1-2 and Mando saved that shithole. The movies have all been trash sans R1 which was decent. Now this deal. You know it’s bad when a bunch of channels on you boob are making fun of it. I mean it’s pretty funny what is going on. Look at what Orguss posted, oh my. But if you’ve seen Marvel content. Well they’ll keep making this shit. However bad it gets people will keep spending the money. I’m definitely out after this show is over and maybe before it’s over. I turned the thing back on for this but I won’t for that next Andor thing. I lost all interest in superho skin tight suits years ago. I’ll be in the boycott group soon enough. I won’t apologize for loving the original trilogy and having some stupid hope they turn this ship around but I think it’s sailed for good. I will just have to learn to let it go.

posted Hide Post
The story is just disappointing and unimaginative. Nearly 40 years after Darth Vader was vanquished along with the Emperor in 1983, here we are again with Darth Vader. Its tired. I understand the timeline of the story, that’s not the issue. It’s lazy story telling to just keep going back to the same old thing over and over again. The story is just stuck in a loop.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
For me the biggest drag is the lack of suspense. We know Leia will be fine. We know what happens to Obi Wan and Vader. And is little baby Leia going to get her memory wiped? If not, how come when she sends her hologram in Star Wars her message begins:

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope... Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars..."

Not, "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope... Hey, remember when I was a little kid and got kidnapped and you rescued me? Good times, huh?...

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard they are green lighting a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenodi. I guess they aren’t going to be happy until they completely sh*t over any canon established in ANH.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/TIsZ9f0g09k

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Critical Drinker just weighed in, and is spot on as usual.

https://youtu.be/h3FF_vBwftw

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Add this to the column of "For Fuck's Sake:"

Remember, they dumped the original script and went on a one year hiatus to write something that didn't copy 'The Mandalorian' and this is the best shit they could do?

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Critical Drinker just weighed in, and is spot on as usual.

https://youtu.be/h3FF_vBwftw

If any production company starts to listen to what he says, they’re gonna make a cockton of money.

Also the it’s a Gundam guy is great and seems like he’s super careful about not getting political. I enjoy listening to his stuff.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

If any production company starts to listen to what he says, they’re gonna make a cockton of money.

Imagine SW content that was let’s say this: TV shows on par with HBO series like the Wire, Succession, WestWorld season 1, and even Tokyo Vice. Michael Mann was involved with Tokyo Vice. And by that I mean they put a lot of “thought” and writing into the thing. Very well written series. I mean there are a number of episodic things that are damn near iconic yet the most iconic thing ever isn’t? Disney.

Then films. BR2049, Interstellar, Dune, those are just 3 films, and albeit 2 of the 3 have the same director, but for fuk sakes why can’t they put that kind of effort into SW? Another hint, just cut out the kiddie kiddie bullshit. I play Call of Duty. It can be toxic at times. I mean your mission is to kill your opponents with guns. There is cursing, even some of the characters or “skins” you use curse after killing someone or when challenged. I’ll random join others to make a team when my goons aren’t online that I usually play with. Man I’ve been teamed up with 6 year olds, 12 year olds, 50 year olds, retirees, it’s the gamut. The point is, if SW was more “adult” themed it’s gonna sell, and sell more than it does now. Profits would be much higher. Kids are going to watch it anyways. And SW doesn’t need to add fucks, shits, etc. It needn’t turn into a sailor’s discussion while on the water. It just needs to cut out the utter simpleton plots, woke bullshit, and get some decent writing, directing, and acting. It’s Star Wars. It doesn’t need tie fighter ins with current woke/letter people nonsense. Cast all colors of folk, just make sure they can act and don’t make it a mission for this or that role. Have casting, and give the job to the best person who auditioned independent of color. Injecting politics into this is beyond old.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
In today's eposode:

They break the princess out of an impenetrable imperial fortress just before she is subject to an imperial mind probe. But wait, did they really break out, or were they let go because a tracking device was placed allowing the Empire to find their hidden Rebel base?

Oh, and Vader didn’t think of that. So woke.

I can't wait to tune in next week to find out what's already happened.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allowed to escape to find their base, hmmm, that sounds familiar.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
In today's eposode:

They break the princess out of an impenetrable imperial fortress just before she is subject to an imperial mind probe. But wait, did they really break out, or were they let go because a tracking device was placed allowing the Empire to find their hidden Rebel base?

Oh, and Vader didn’t think of that. So woke.

I can't wait to tune in next week to find out what's already happened.

It was hilariously the worst so far. Oh 3rd sister I’m really OG undercover for the Empire. I was tracking them. Umm, yeah. I like how no clearance codes to land were shown or given. Shields down, no issues, just land where you want honey. No monitoring of the water we’ll just throw that out. Oh and I’ll plant a tracker in the toy.

Oh well 2 more EP’s to go only as it’s only 6 total. 2 more weeks and I can cancel this app for good.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
But wait ... were they let go because a tracking device was placed allowing the Empire to find their hidden Rebel base?

I believe the Third Sister was only interested in the Path in order to find Kenobi. Yes, she put a tracker on Leia but she didn't intentionally let Kenobi escape. It's been her sole goal to capture him. It's only because of the two snow speeders that he was able to successfully escape.

And can we address these variants, please? How are 3 passengers able to fit into a snow speeder?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst security ever for a very high value secret Imperial base. No warning or defense against two Snowspeeders flying right into the hanger. Pulling “I outrank you” gets you past any security who correctly points out someone isn’t authorized to enter. Droid hall monitors who seem pretty incompetent (let me just look through the window instead of opening the door). Unknown officer sits at a terminal that can open underwater hatches into the facility and talk to someone on a radio with an imperial officer sitting just 6 feet away not noticing.

And no, I don’t think this very lax security was deliberately planned by 3rd Sista.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post