SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Obi Wan Kenobi series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obi Wan Kenobi series Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
I can see the next series being about Chewbacca. Bigfoot with a gun.

No. Chewbacca is strictly sidekick material. He can't talk, so there will be no material centered on him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I think they have done a much better job with the last 2 outings of the Star Wars series-Mando and Boba, then the abominations they called the last 3 movie trilogies. I would like to see a Darth Vader series when he got the gear on, like they did with Rogue One.

Maybe that has to with hiring Favreau?

So far, the Obi Wan series has been decent to good. Boba Fett was not as good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Is it just me or did OWK age rapidly during LSW teenage years?

What are you gonna do - it was 45 years ago and Alec Guiness is way dead.

Look at it this way - living in the desert of Tatooine ages a guy.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Is it just me or did OWK age rapidly during LSW teenage years?

What are you gonna do - it was 45 years ago and Alec Guiness is way dead.

Look at it this way - living in the desert of Tatooine ages a guy.

Its not far off, Alec Guiness was in his early 60's when played Obi Wan, and the character would be in his mid / late 50's at that time. So you throw in some bad aging in the desert, and its not all that far off for timing. ANH is about 8 years later than this, so in 8 years he went from current Ewan to previous Alec. In the meantime he has had some hard living.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
ANH is about 8 years later than this, so in 8 years he went from current Ewan to previous Alec. In the meantime he has had some hard living.

Agreed, it is not a hard sell. McGregor, now as Kenobi, looks roughly right as compared to Guinness 8 or 9 years later in story years.

(What is bad is personal - Guinness looked super old to me in 1976, when I was 14. McGregor is about ten years younger than me, and doesn't look old at all to 59 year old me. My own personal timeline makes this all a little weirder.)

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Why does everything on Tatooine only have one shadow if it has two suns?

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

The cost of filming on Tatooine is too expensive so they had to film on Earth instead.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Razz Because the light cast by the red sun blends in too much with the sand. You're only seeing the shadow cast by the white sun! Razz

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the third episode was interesting, but the resolution of the big “event” in the episode seemed pretty unbelievable. More lazy writing, I think.

With Baby Yoda, Omega in the Bad Batch, and now tiny Leia, I guess the new standard for Star Wars shows is to have a cute kid along for the ride.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Kids [make parents] buy the toys, so Disney needs to market their media to attract kids. I still like Leia, though. The interaction between the Stormtroopers, Kenobi and her on the skiff fell in line with her future self. They're not doing anything with the character that isn't already established by Carrie Fisher's version.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the fight scene was woefully underwhelming. It's only because it's canon that he's around for A New Hope that Kenobi survived.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Kids are supposed to make their parents buy the toys but Disney Star Wars toys aren't selling. Most kids don't care about Star Wars today.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Kids are supposed to make their parents buy the toys but Disney Star Wars toys aren't selling. Most kids don't care about Star Wars today.

That’s hilarious. Didn’t know the toys weren’t bringing the bank home.

Kids today care about their phone, their instagoogletwatface account, and being an “influencer”. Our society is teaching these kids narcissism as soon as they have any kind of thought process. I’ve seen pic after pic of a small child in a baby seat on my automobile or motorcycle forums, with a phone in hand. We’re talking very small children, not even old enough to be in elementary school. Then coast to coast a little bit older kids have mics and cameras with internet devices to stream their own bullshit all across the world. If you’re the star in your mind, how important are professionals?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

That’s hilarious. Didn’t know the toys weren’t bringing the bank home.

Kids today care about their phone, their instagoogletwatface account, and being an “influencer”. Our society is teaching these kids narcissism as soon as they have any kind of thought process. I’ve seen pic after pic of a small child in a baby seat on my automobile or motorcycle forums, with a phone in hand. We’re talking very small children, not even old enough to be in elementary school. Then coast to coast a little bit older kids have mics and cameras with internet devices to stream their own bullshit all across the world. If you’re the star in your mind, how important are professionals?

Crash and burn Disney. Maybe then you'll truly become "Woke"

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/iDRi3lPqv4U

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
LMFAO Orguss. Oh shit! Yeah, only seen the 2 EP’s so far, but a lot of fucking strutting around. Let’s see if the next one they are dancing again.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Utapau is a planet, the species is called Pau’an, and except for being a bit smaller and thicker that the GA shown in Rebels, it seemed pretty close, considering it was being played by a human being.

https://starwarsrebels.fandom.com/wiki/Pau%27an

Potayto potahto.

Original, well-written menacing character written by people that cared, and voiced by Jason Isaacs:
https://www.starwars.com/datab...the-grand-inquisitor

Or live-action versions already on film, whose prosthetics are probably STILL in a drawer that Lazy Disney Idiots Own:
https://www.starwars.com/databank/pauan

Lazy ballsack cheese fungus hack writers and producers:

I used to party with goth kids that looked more Pau'an than this terrible show can produce. Shit the class basket-case that I took out on a few dates, when I was goth in high school, had MORE makeup than this horrible excuse for a Pau'an.

And that's not even the lowest hanging fruit criticism I could chuck at this garbage excuse for a Star Wars show.

So far it's shaping up to be objectively worse than Soylo.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Now if you criticize the terrible acting by the Turd Sistuh, you are racist.

Either she is a shit actor or the part is written shitty for her. Either way, the character is more irritating than child Leia.

I get what they are trying to accomplish with the part, making her over eager/ambitious like Anikin was in Attack of the Clones on his path to the dark side. However, she is way over the top with it.

She is nowhere to be seen in A New Hope and nobody is hunting the Jedi down, so we can assume she got force choked somewhere along the way by Darth Vader for fucking up.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just an internet rumor, but I hear Vader kills her in the last episode.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wouldn’t be surprised. She’s not around for SW:Rebels, unlike the other inquisitors shown, so somehow she’s out of the picture. Either redemption arc, or dead, although give how throughly unlikable the character is, probably the latter.

I’m still curious how they are going to get around the huge hole in canon in that they apparently killed the Grand Inquisitor in ep. 2, but he was very much alive and still in charge later in Rebels.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

Wouldn’t be surprised. She’s not around for SW:Rebels, unlike the other inquisitors shown, so somehow she’s out of the picture. Either redemption arc, or dead, although give how throughly unlikable the character is, probably the latter.

No, it's probably much worse. She's gonna fail upward, and gets promoted to middle management. Razz

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post